REVISION CLASSES FOR PRELIMS 2017 by ForumIAS

ForumIAS will be conducting revision classes for Prelims 2017. The goal is to cover maximum topics in minimum time posible. The first class is scheduled today at 5 PM. Seats fill early so register early. Click Here to know more

What will be the best book on Medieval India for pre & GS?(2017)

Or should I just stick with NCERT?
·

Comments

• Or should I just stick with NCERT?

Have you done Modern India first?
    ·
  • for medieval, do from old NCERT.. it is the best one.. but dont give much weightage to it.. do more of modern India..
    ·
  • for medieval, do from old NCERT.. it is the best one.. but dont give much weightage to it.. do more of modern India..

+1
    ·

Spectrum's GS manual could be used as well.

Wrote CSE (Main), 2016
    ·

Since medieval india doesn't have much weightage in pre and is not in the syllabus of mains, you can even read lucent GK's medieval history portion. Otherwise, you can even leave it altogether.
    ·
  • abhi44 said:

Since medieval india doesn't have much weightage in pre and is not in the syllabus of mains, you can even read lucent GK's medieval history portion. Otherwise, you can even leave it altogether.
    Lucent's GK book would do too. I, however, would never suggest leaving ANY portion of the syllabus completely in the current scheme of things where only a single paper is going to decide the merit. The onus lies on the aspirant to be ready for any sort of paper.
    Wrote CSE (Main), 2016
    ·
  • abhi44 said:

+1

Lucent does very fine. will tell you what all you need to read.
    ·
  • Thank you all guys. It's just that since this time questions were asked from this portion so I thought there should be some extra preparation for this. It seems old NCERT is the safest & cheapest option.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google