MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

Pawan Kumar's Crash Course V/s Lukmaan's Content Enrichment V/s GS Score Asutosh Pandey's QIP

Hello Fellows and Seniors. I need your urgent help. I have cleared this year's prelims and it will be my first Mains. I have not taken any coaching for Pub Ad. Covered the whole syllabus once and some topics 2-3 times. I have confusion/ not having conceptual clarity or say not feeling confident in Pub Ad as a whole. Thinking of doing some short duration course to boost up my confidence and conceptual clarity.
I can do only online courses as I am from outside delhi.
Hence, plz help me selecting from the three options:

1. Pawan Kumar's Crash Course
2. Lukmaan's Content Enrichment
3. GS Score Asutosh Pandey's QIP

If there is anyone else who is better than these and providing online short duration course, then please suggest me. I know about Mohanty, who is good for Pub Ad but I am unable to find his online course.
Please guys help me out.
Prelims- 02, Mains- 01 Interview-0
CSM 2016 - Public Administration; (CSE 2017- skipped)
CSE 2018 - Anthropology
sher jab do kadam piche leta hai...to jhapatne ke liye...na hi darr ke...

Comments

• GS score QIP, I found better but you should prepare all basic part of pub Ad. As he is taking only advanced syllabus.
  • Thanks @BlackBox . Regarding sir, Advanced syllabus: Is it other than what provided by the upsc or he is taking only some hard topics from the prescribed syllabus. For that matter I think I am not at that stage now. I am not 100% confident on the syllabus provided by the upsc.

It will be very nice of you sir, if you can give your input on the other 2 options. What about Pawan Kumar's Crash Course? Is he also taking only the Advanced syllabus?

TIA.
    CSE 2018 - Anthropology
  • Pub Ad is a hot subject taken by the highest no of candidates. I think there must be many inputs and advices on the issue.
    Ya to logo ne Pub Ad chhod diya hai yaa Pub Ad walo ne Forum chhod diya hai :p

Bhai log, Seniors please margdarshan kare. Hum bhi isi samsya se pareshan hai.
    दूर रह पाये जो हमसे दम कहा मंजिल मे है... सरफ़रोशी की तमन्ना अब हमारे दिल मे है
    देखना है जोर कितना बाजू ए कातिल मे है ।I
  • Regarding pawan Kumar, I am having bad experience. He is very general in nature. I have taken class from him in 2013 and not found him up to the mark.
    Ashutosh is taking syllabus only but a bit higher level I meant that is not usually covered by coaching Institute.
  • BlackBox said:

Regarding pawan Kumar, I am having bad experience. He is very general in nature. I have taken class from him in 2013 and not found him up to the mark.
    Ashutosh is taking syllabus only but a bit higher level I meant that is not usually covered by coaching Institute.

Thank you very much sir for the feedback. So now I have two options only and more probably Ashutosh and before that if any good soul here can enlighten about the lukmaan then it will be very easy for me to choose.
    CSE 2018 - Anthropology
  • Actually I am already having GS score pub Ad QIP so was having experience of both. But no experience of lukman. @the_charvaka
  • @BlackBox sir, it is heard that pawan Kumar is good for his crash course and test series. But ya they are very costly. Have you taken his regular classes or crash course. If possible cud u explain the diff between his regular course and crash course. Is it worth taking his crash course, looking at the paucity of time. And have you joined GS score pub ad test series? How is it?
  • I had taken his full course (pavan Kumar). Not joined GS Score pub Ad test series. Only QIP
  • never ever join pawan..found very bad reviews here in forum about him...
  • jambooics said:

never ever join pawan..found very bad reviews here in forum about him...

yes, i too found polarising views about Pawan kumar. Some has said that they benefitted from his crash course / test series. Even some top rankers of 2015 from Forum has said good abt him and actually gave credit to him.
    On the other side many like the blackbox sir has had bad experience.

Anyways i have to take a final call today and this decision is very difficult for me (cost-wise) plus I cant straight away jump to the advance and enrichment classes when I have studied the subject for 1.5 months only till. Though with my previous understanding (in parts) Anyhow i have been able to cover the 90% of syllabus till now. And now gonna start the revision with serious understanding.
    So, I have not revised yet -> May be that cud be a reason for my not so confident wid d subject. and may be after one revision i ill be also searching for an advance course for content enrichment. But for that matter I am atleast 1 one month behind d schedule bcoz then comes the answer writing practice which shud hav started by now.
    (Confusion hi confusion hai solution kuch pata nahi ... iS aLL wEll??)

Seniors plz plz plz help- help. I know some of the veterans plz give ur input whatever you have. @IWRA sir @Kek @donga123 @Haawuu @chipad_banda @banana
  • Hello friends..this is Qasim Abidi(AIR 186 CSE 2015) with Pub Ad as my optional...here is my two cent regarding the test series and crash course provided by Pavan Sir....I am not competent enough to comment on others as I didnt join any of them...I joined Pavan sirs Pub Ad test series last year and found it extremely useful, specially his discussion of test series...his approach is simple and analytical and that is exactly what UPSC wants from us these days...I found his approach useful not only in Pub Ad but in writing GS answers as well...as I am writing exam again this year, I have joined his ethics and Pub Ad test series again...although I have not joined his Pub Ad crash course but heard a lot of positive reviews about it from a friend who joined his crash course last year.
    Cheers and best of luck for your mains exams!!!!
  • qasim said:

Hello friends..this is Qasim Abidi(AIR 186 CSE 2015) with Pub Ad as my optional...here is my two cent regarding the test series and crash course provided by Pavan Sir....I am not competent enough to comment on others as I didnt join any of them...I joined Pavan sirs Pub Ad test series last year and found it extremely useful, specially his discussion of test series...his approach is simple and analytical and that is exactly what UPSC wants from us these days...I found his approach useful not only in Pub Ad but in writing GS answers as well...as I am writing exam again this year, I have joined his ethics and Pub Ad test series again...although I have not joined his Pub Ad crash course but heard a lot of positive reviews about it from a friend who joined his crash course last year.

Thank you very much Sir for the first hand experience by expending your valuable time.
    It is strange it is your first comment on the Forum, Seems you r not active on forum. Is this the key of getting selected..I think i shuld also kept myself away from Forum now :|
  • Synergy last year test questions any1
  • Hello Friends! I'm Mrityunjay Bansal, Rank 287 in CSE 2015. I have got IRS (IT) this year. It was my third attempt last year. What I had done differently from the previous two years was to make my answers simple. I think it paid off. I had also joined Pavan Kumar's Pub Ad regular classes. I found his classes to be conceptually sound and focus used to be mostly on fundamental clarity which seemed very simple and made it easy to make linkages in pub ad, especially with the current pattern of questions they are asking in mains.. The best thing is that he gives you personal attention if you are a serious candidate, which really helps you refine your answers. and as far as his crash course is concerned, I've gotten good reviews. I hope this helps.
    All The Best!
  • qasim said:

Hello friends..this is Qasim Abidi(AIR 186 CSE 2015) with Pub Ad as my optional...here is my two cent regarding the test series and crash course provided by Pavan Sir....I am not competent enough to comment on others as I didnt join any of them...I joined Pavan sirs Pub Ad test series last year and found it extremely useful, specially his discussion of test series...his approach is simple and analytical and that is exactly what UPSC wants from us these days...I found his approach useful not only in Pub Ad but in writing GS answers as well...as I am writing exam again this year, I have joined his ethics and Pub Ad test series again...although I have not joined his Pub Ad crash course but heard a lot of positive reviews about it from a friend who joined his crash course last year.

Thank you very much Sir for the first hand experience by expending your valuable time.
    It is strange it is your first comment on the Forum, Seems you r not active on forum. Is this the key of getting selected..I think i shuld also kept myself away from Forum now :|
    Ha ha... yes I have been a silent spectator of this forum for past 3 years...yar there is nothing called as secret key to success...in fact Gaurav Aggarwal sir was an active member of this forum.....i would suggest that spend your time wisely as mains is not faraway...good luck!!
  • edited September 2016
    [Profiles Verified. Avoid confrontation with members]
  • qasim said:

Bhai i too joined his GS-4.. ethics classes and test series.. overall nice experience.. quite superficial and less amount of knowledge but makes u apply it.. remembering and applying is important not reading 100 books
  • Suddenly all toppers joined ForumIas and made their first comment and that too of Pawan kumar.
    (Joined 09:15, First coment 09:15)

Daal me kuch black-black >:) >:)

@ghostrider2016 bhai m toh purana member hi hu.. pub ad ka idea nhi but ethics k liye thik h.. personally seen shalini duhan ninika dhawan and other rankers giving all ethics tests..
  • hemu said:

Suddenly all toppers joined ForumIas and made their first comment and that too of Pawan kumar.

@ghostrider2016 bhai m toh purana member hi hu.. pub ad ka idea nhi but ethics k liye thik h.. personally seen shalini duhan ninika dhawan and other rankers giving all ethics tests..
    Thnx @hemu sir. Of course, I know you sir and i have previously read ur comments in other threads too. Thnx for an honest input.
    Sir actually I also want a teacher who make things easy for me. Bcoz now i dont have much time and this is my first mains too.,so little bit fear also.
    But problem with me is the cost i.e. if i choose a wrong teacher then i will not be able to switch to other. For subject i.e. too Pub Ad and i.e. too first mains So for sure i require a teacher without any doubt. Now i hav to decide which one. so that atleast i perform even average.
  • edited September 2016
    qasim said:

Hello Friends! I'm Mrityunjay Bansal, Rank 287 in CSE 2015. I have got IRS (IT) this year. It was my third attempt last year. What I had done differently from the previous two years was to make my answers simple. I think it paid off. I had also joined Pavan Kumar's Pub Ad regular classes. I found his classes to be conceptually sound and focus used to be mostly on fundamental clarity which seemed very simple and made it easy to make linkages in pub ad, especially with the current pattern of questions they are asking in mains.. The best thing is that he gives you personal attention if you are a serious candidate, which really helps you refine your answers. and as far as his crash course is concerned, I've gotten good reviews. I hope this helps.
    All The Best!

[Mod Note : please avoid confrontation with other members. Both the profiles have been verified to be genuine]
  • edited September 2016
    jambooics said:

qasim said:

Hello Friends! I'm Mrityunjay Bansal, Rank 287 in CSE 2015. I have got IRS (IT) this year. It was my third attempt last year. What I had done differently from the previous two years was to make my answers simple. I think it paid off. I had also joined Pavan Kumar's Pub Ad regular classes. I found his classes to be conceptually sound and focus used to be mostly on fundamental clarity which seemed very simple and made it easy to make linkages in pub ad, especially with the current pattern of questions they are asking in mains.. The best thing is that he gives you personal attention if you are a serious candidate, which really helps you refine your answers. and as far as his crash course is concerned, I've gotten good reviews. I hope this helps.
    All The Best!

great pr script by pavan kumar communist modi basher..go get some life morons
    best thing is both toppers didn't mention their pub ad scores :D
  • hemu said:

Suddenly all toppers joined ForumIas and made their first comment and that too of Pawan kumar.

Thnx @hemu sir. Of course, I know you sir and i have previously read ur comments in other threads too. Thnx for an honest input.
    Sir actually I also want a teacher who make things easy for me. Bcoz now i dont have much time and this is my first mains too.,so little bit fear also.
    But problem with me is the cost i.e. if i choose a wrong teacher then i will not be able to switch to other. For subject i.e. too Pub Ad and i.e. too first mains So for sure i require a teacher without any doubt. Now i hav to decide which one. so that atleast i perform even average.
    test series kar lo money issue h toh.. notes handwritten hi lena.. expensive toh h.. 16000 h fees... bahot superficial h yeh m bol rha hu pehle hi tumhe lag sakta h fraud h banda but itne toppers isliye aate h uske pass kyuki woh 'minimum knowleedge maximum application' type h..
  • Hello friends... I had a big doubt how to go about my preparation in the beginning. I can understand your doubts. I shared my experience in good faith. It's one's own choice. It's wise to take advices and then chose for oneself. Please find out about other teachers too from other people.
    My own score in Pub Ad was 229; Paper 1- 102 and Paper 2- 127.
    This is going to be the last comment here. Thanks and All The Best!
  • edited September 2016

Hello friends... I had a big doubt how to go about my preparation in the beginning. I can understand your doubts. I shared my experience in good faith. It's one's own choice. It's wise to take advices and then chose for oneself. Please find out about other teachers too from other people.
    My own score in Pub Ad was 229; Paper 1- 102 and Paper 2- 127.
    This is going to be the last comment here. Thanks and All The Best!

Thanks for sharing your experience here. It will be of great help.

But strange!! No body is talking about Lukmaan.
    CSE 2018 - Anthropology
  • jambooics said:

qasim said:

All The Best!

great pr script by pavan kumar communist modi basher..go get some life morons
    I have neither time nor energy to engage in a mudslinging duel with people like you..all I will say is that there is a life beyond forumias as well...go get some fresh air dude...
  • I saw this thread on forum IAS yesterday and thought to share my experince ...I cant understand the reason behind the brickbats...Last year my Pub Ad score was 198 and this time its 223(111+112)...its very painful to justify your comment each and every time...the kind of language peole using here is unbecoming of a civil service aspirant....and this is precisely the reason why I usually desist from writing anything on forum... I am not going to comment any further... If anyone of you want any sort of help, you can always pm me...i will be more than happy to help....best of luck everyone for the mains!!!
  • If anyone want pub admn qip by ashutosh pandey can ping me... i have already subscribed for its online class and willing to share it....
  • Bhai log free class kar lo ashutosh pandye ka, isi se pura ho jyega

Video ka link share kar raha hun

http://iasscore.in/ias-classes/public-administration-crash-course.php

Why to waste money...
  • edited September 2016
    Hey @mods @root @ForumIAS_Official @DrKingSchultz this fellow is suspicious. Joined today at 4:51. Plz take a note of it. He is posting the same link everywhere.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog