Invitation : Attend OPEN Classes on Current Affairs for Mains 2017 on 16th & 17th at 11AM

Walk in to the Test Center at 11AM Today or Register for the 2 Days Open Classes, or enroll for the ONLINE / OFFLINE Current Affairs for Mains 2017 by visiting the below link http://blog.forumias.com/currentaffairs2017. A registration fee of Rs. 50/day is charged for the two day event to have a correct estimate of the number of people attending.

SOCIOLOGY preparation for 2017 . Target to complete syllabus by december 31,2016

players with sociology optional lets start our journey together from here. With the number of candidates increasing with every passing year.An active and healthy discussion network seems more than necessary. Here we should discuss questions from different dimensions and also target self-made/forum-made topic goals. Woth this hand in hand approach a sure base with be created thus helping each one of us to attempt with triumph and excel with ranks.
·

Comments

• Someone please suggest a complete booklist along with a suitable time frame in order to complete the whole syllabus by 31st december.
    ·
  • December 31 is very short time. Beginners/Freshers like me are still struggling with the static portion.
    एक हार से कोई फ़क़ीर और एक जीत से कोई सिकंदर नहीं बनता।
    ·
  • cromagnan said:

December 31 is very short time. Beginners/Freshers like me are still struggling with the static portion.

Then please suggest a suitable date..
    ·
  • I'm also in. Lets chalk out a plan. It would be great if some senior can guide us.
    ·
  • DB said:

I'm also in. Lets chalk out a plan. It would be great if some senior can guide us.

Tag someone senior if you know..
    ·
  • If anyone is intersted in buying socio books or notes related to any coaching message me. Discount will be given
    ·
  • cromagnan said:

December 31 is very short time. Beginners/Freshers like me are still struggling with the static portion.

what do you mean by static portion? Everything is static in Sociology :'(
    ·
  • count me in as well .
    thanks
    ·
  • menace_hr said:

cromagnan said:

what do you mean by static portion? Everything is static in Sociology :'(
    static portion means inroduction,methods and techniques and thinker portion..dynamic units are like social statification..social change, political sociology etc..i guess
    ·
  • everyone please jot down your pointers for the plan ...
    so that we can accumulate and edit it to bring out the final piece...
    ·
  • Count me in as well
    ·
  • Any one please confirm does this notes cover paper I ans paper II. I am from South can't come to Delhi for purchasing books

https://flavido.com/product/sociology-class-notes-by-upendera-sir/
    ·
  • sathik63 said:

Any one please confirm does this notes cover paper I ans paper II. I am from South can't come to Delhi for purchasing books

https://flavido.com/product/sociology-class-notes-by-upendera-sir/

yes they cover mostly. Coaching people generally neglect paper 2 anyway.
    ·
  • any one with pdf of upendra sir's notes. No problem in buying it from flavido but need to have a look 1st.
    ·
  • Just start the discussion ; people will come on their own.

Let's start with Paper 2?
    ·
  • Vikas Das said:

Just start the discussion ; people will come on their own.

Let's start with Paper 2?

Lets start from paper 1
    Modernity and Social Change

As here we are mostly newbies but with thirst to learn... :)
    ·

• Well, it started with agricultural transformation where the surplus economy was gaining pace.
    This furthered mobility of people in between different area. Consequently, ideas, knowledge, culture etc exchanged between them and during the mid 16th century, it led to the Enlightenment period.
    And again industrial revolution, commercial revolution, and France revolution led to new serious social issues in addition to political and economic ones where most of the people would have limited resources and with new technology coming in, the means of production went to only a few handful of society i.e, the minority.
    In the meantime, people started losing faith in religion which was the driving force in making changes before.
    Crisis of all these sort led to revolution in various other forms. In this way sociology originated from the philosophy of social issues emerged then, new political thoughts and discussion, and new thinkers coming up with positive social sciences.

Discuss and add your own points.

·
  • What's up guys? This thread is inactive since 29th September. Come on guys, we have to get together and move forward.
    ·
  • you can get complete booklist here - https://greymatterrules.wordpress.com/2016/05/30/detailed-booklist-of-sociology-for-upsc/
    sktiwari said:

Someone please suggest a complete booklist along with a suitable time frame in order to complete the whole syllabus by 31st december.

·
  • I am in. Let us start with full pace.
    ·
  • hi guys, could you please suggest the best distance learning coaching for sociology as iam not from delhi. expecting it to be very interactive
    ·
  • count me also.
    ·
  • Even i have started sociology prep , i am doing karl marx from ritzer , anyone who is on the same page , so that we can plan accordingly and try complete paper 1 in nov itself
    ·
  • Following books r 4 sale 1) sociology themes and perspective by M Harlambos 2) sociology guide to problem and literature T B Bottomore 3) indian social system by Ram Ahuja 4) modernization of Indian tradition by yogendra Singh ;all books r only for 700
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
1. Open Session on DAF Filling : What you fill in your Detailed Application form, will decide the marks you get in the Interview, the service that you will get and the state you will live in , for the rest of your life. Last but not the least, it will also decide who you will marry. Don't make mistakes. Join us for an open session on filling up the DAF. We will be assisted by ForumIAS Members who have secured a service or rank in this initiative.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog