Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes for 2018 : Attend three days of Classes at FourmIAS Offline Center in New Delhi.
Learn how to make own notes from newspaper and alayze issues for CSE.

Click here to : (1) Register, (2) Download Broucher (3) Click here to enroll ONLINE | OFFLINE Click
Course commences on 28th October at 5PM

Comments

• same here, 1st mains. :tongue: hoping to learn a lot from this thread.
    Good Bye. See you Later.
  • u have to post the printed copy and if u are in delhi better to go personally to upsc bhawan..bt no problem send it via post
  • edited September 2016

bhai log online submit hota hai ya post karna parta hai?first mains i have no idea.please help.thread ke title me koi galti ho toh sudhar dena@root

You have to fill and submit online
    After that take printout and sign each page at alloted space. You have to send this signed copy of daf alongwith self attested copies of your certificates (10th, degree, sc/st certi etc) via post
    The Wound is the place where the Light enters you.
  • sss_2503 said:

bhai log online submit hota hai ya post karna parta hai?first mains i have no idea.please help.thread ke title me koi galti ho toh sudhar dena@root

You have to fill and submit online
    After that take printout and sign each page at alloted space. You have to send this signed copy of daf alongwith self attested copies of your certificates (10th, degree, sc/st certi etc) via post
    thank you
  • Hi, my mother didn't file her I-T return for the fiscal year 2013-14 but have filed for 2014-15 and 2015-16. A/C DAF for OBC NCL, we have to give I-T return of last 3 years but filing for return for the year 2013-14 is not possible now. So, what should I do now? Any help will be appreciated.
  • Provisional degree compulsary hai kya ,final year ki marksheet se kam ni chalega
  • Cadre preference for IPS

Me too first preference IPS. AGMUT is considered the best as you don't have to work under IAS officers as IPS officers have magisterial power when posted in Delhi (and people get almost 2/3rd of their career time in Delhi). Also, political interference is minimal as local MLAs in Delhi have no say in police administration and politicians of the stature of Rajnath Singh won't meddle in work of Delhi police and pressurise officers to release some petty thief and roadside mawalis.

On the flip side, facilities are not so impressive in Delhi. For ex, you get the biggest bunglows in states when posted as SP, but in Delhi DCPs get 2 bedroom apartment.

Me too first preference IPS. AGMUT is considered the best as you don't have to work under IAS officers as IPS officers have magisterial power when posted in Delhi (and people get almost 2/3rd of their career time in Delhi). Also, political interference is minimal as local MLAs in Delhi have no say in police administration and politicians of the stature of Rajnath Singh won't meddle in work of Delhi police and pressurise officers to release some petty thief and roadside mawalis.

On the flip side, facilities are not so impressive in Delhi. For ex, you get the biggest bunglows in states when posted as SP, but in Delhi DCPs get 2 bedroom apartment.
    What if we get Andaman Nicobar, meghalya or laksahdweep
  • Can i apply for permission for appearing in Mains exam from my department, while being on a medical leave. Won't it create a future problem for me. And on the duration of exam should i be on medical leave or E.O.L.
    Thanks.
  • I am confused about Foreign service.....can someone explain the service profile, posting,watan lautne ka mauka, etc
  • Friends i haven't received my degree yet from my college.. is it imp to submit degree..? does anything else needed other than degree and caste certificate?
    God is the poorest man on earth!!!
  • tleh said:

Friends i haven't received my degree yet from my college.. is it imp to submit degree..? does anything else needed other than degree and caste certificate?

Don't you have provisional certificate? If none then even marksheets would do.
    Ramesh. Suresh. Rakesh. Ramesh. Suresh. Rakesh
  • 1st mains ,much-wanted thread thank you
  • Panku said:

Provisional degree compulsary hai kya ,final year ki marksheet se kam ni chalega

I didn't have my degree back in 2014 attempt. I sent marksheets of all the years. It worked.
    Discovery.
  • tleh said:

Friends i haven't received my degree yet from my college.. is it imp to submit degree..? does anything else needed other than degree and caste certificate?

I have both provisional and marksheets..will it work?

• tleh said:

tleh said:

Yes bro.
    Ramesh. Suresh. Rakesh. Ramesh. Suresh. Rakesh
  • bhai daf toh hamein 7th october se bharna hai na...or am i missing something
    Down-yes Out-No

कोशिश करने वालों की कभी हार नहीं होती।
  • I'm working in a PSU and they are notorious for not giving NOC.
    So my question is:

-> Shall I quote my work experience in DAF?
    -> Do UPSC asks for NOC?
    -> If not, do I need to inform my company now in written about appearing in exam?
    -> Shall I leave it?
    Someone, please guide, this is my first mains
  • tleh said:

tleh said:

Yes bro.
    Thankyou bro.. :) :)

• yoga123 said:

Panku said:

Provisional degree compulsary hai kya ,final year ki marksheet se kam ni chalega

I didn't have my degree back in 2014 attempt. I sent marksheets of all the years. It worked.
    Did you take some spcl permission from UPSC for this (to exempt the graduation certificate submission). I have marksheests only with me right now. i wud really appreciate your input in this regard.
  • edited September 2016
    Wrong thread :p
    A Lannister always pays his debts
  • Guys couple of queries:

How is agmut cadre for ias?
    My home state is delhi so if skip it for ias but keep it for ips ( ips is awsome for agmut that i know), how do i justify it infront of the board?
    I have been allocated irs (customs) this time, but given the rumours going around that the service would be getting hit due to gst , so thinking of keeping irs(it) as well. But same question, how do i justify to board of shifting from irs to irs?
  • Kya baat hai,privileged to comment here.Aisa lag raha hai koi alag league mai aa gaye.First time success in prelims is unique
    CSE 2016 Indian Police Service ( IPS )
  • Kya baat hai,privileged to comment here.Aisa lag raha hai koi alag league mai aa gaye.First time success in prelims is unique

Yar plz add me whatsapp grp ! I inboxed u but no reply !!
    Aspiring to be an IAS
  • bhamboo said:

yoga123 said:

Panku said:

Did you take some spcl permission from UPSC for this (to exempt the graduation certificate submission). I have marksheests only with me right now. i wud really appreciate your input in this regard.
    No special permission required. Just send copies of all the marksheets. You'll be fine :)
    Discovery.
  • yoga123 said:

bhamboo said:

yoga123 said:

Panku said:

No special permission required. Just send copies of all the marksheets. You'll be fine :)
    @yoga123 thnks.... saved a lot of precious time.
  • I'm working in a PSU and they are notorious for not giving NOC.
    So my question is:

-> Shall I quote my work experience in DAF?
    -> Do UPSC asks for NOC?
    -> If not, do I need to inform my company now in written about appearing in exam?
    -> Shall I leave it?
    Someone, please guide, this is my first mains

It is your right to give exam and no one can take it from you . And it is also mandatory to take permission or atleast inform them in written. Rest leave on them whether they allow or not. No point of not allowing to sit in exam but atleast inform them. if you will get select then in case you have not inform them than it might be an issue. I don't know about the PSU but i myself working in a Central Govt. and it is must to inform them in written. And also if you inform them than don't take medical leave for the duration of exam( 3dec onwards ) as UPSC make a issue that how being medically unfit you can give a exam. So plz be cautious and read the rules carefully.

Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog