ForumIAS Simulator Tests ! Starts April 2 ( UPDATED LINKS )

ForumIAS Simulator Tests commence from April 2, 2017. Click here to download Test Plan. Click here to enroll for the online Test Series . Click here to enroll for the Classroom Test Series.

CAPF results & physical test preparation

Hi guys, CAPF written results were out. Around 1300 qualified. Please share about PET , physical exercises practice.
·

Comments

• Same Q... Any experienced guy ??
    ·
  • This might help. https://unacademy.in/course/everything-you-need-to-know-about-central-armed-forces-by-vimal-singh-rathore
    Watch PET lessons from here. And you may ask Roman on facebook or in comments, he may try to arrange more lessons on PET.
    ·
  • Almeida said:

This might help. https://unacademy.in/course/everything-you-need-to-know-about-central-armed-forces-by-vimal-singh-rathore
    Watch PET lessons from here. And you may ask Roman on facebook or in comments, he may try to arrange more lessons on PET.

thnx
    ·
  • Anyone residing in Old rajendra nagar/Karol bagh to practice daily?
    ·
  • I dont know about ORN but patel nagar has very large ground for practice. You may find many other aspirants and experts too. I think it is known as Ramjas park or something like that. Ask any paan wala near patel park. He will guide.
    ·
  • @mightysarat I stay at new rajender nagar. Do you have any idea of ground nearby?
    ·
  • edited September 2016
    @EventHorizon . there is a park in rajender nagar na near gautam gambhir's house, but its a joggers park.
    ·
  • Ramjas me jao...bohot milenge...waha k local bacche 5 meter marte hain...waha 800 bhi Kr sakte ho...sab back to back bhi kr sakte ho...rahi baat shot put ki..to pathar utha k fek Lena...4.5 m is nothing
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
    ·
  • Almeida said:

I dont know about ORN but patel nagar has very large ground for practice. You may find many other aspirants and experts too. I think it is known as Ramjas park or something like that. Ask any paan wala near patel park. He will guide.

Yeah, heard about it. Have you given pet last time? Or this year?
    ·
  • edited September 2016
    Hi guys congrats on your success, I secured Rank #54 in capf 2015 currently waiting for my joining in the CRPF. For physical fitness for those living in ORN/ Patel Nagar go to Ramjas sports complex in patel nagar it is 15 minutes from the patel nagar metro station and easily accessible via e-rickshaw.

For running try to first jog for 3 rounds = 1200m at your own pace slowly increasing it to 5 rounds by the end of the week. After you are confortable with the 2km run try for time bound running for the 800m. (my timing was < 3 min in the final run at the SSB)

For the 100 m initially practice strides (google it), try to increase the length of your strides by streching exercises and learn to run the proper technique, all this can be easily found on YouTube and other internet sources.

Long jump I was a natural since my childhood school days so sorry guys i really cant advice you on that. Though i can say your run up should be immactualey measured plus try to run with few light hops rather than faltly (thats how i did it).

For the Shot put i would say it is pretty easy just practice a few times before the physical ask someone on the ground for the shot put they will provide you.

Moreover if you feel you are pretty poor in athletics there is a Coach who trains athletics student in the sports ground you can undergo traning from him. I took traning for him myself as a failsafe policy but I think I would have made it without his good guidance (Sorry dont have his number and forgot his name)

For weight loss it is as simple as calories in vs calories out, install myfitnesspal app and go for a daily deficit of 700 calories. Trust me you will be able to do it even with a physical workout schedule. Also check the wiki of reddit/r/fitness it is a good forum.

Few other tips

"Get off your ass now as you dont have time"

"Give up that cigarette now, along with liqour and pot till the physical"

"People before you have done it, and people after you will do it. "

"Human body ki koi limit nahi hoti, limits sirf hamare mann main hoti hah"

Best of Luck, be safe, dont injure yourself and may the gods be with you

We need empowered people, not great leaders
    ·
  • @vibhutishah . wah! Thank you bro, crisp and to the point solution. Will follow it....
    ·
  • Hi guys congrats on your success, I secured Rank #54 in capf 2015 currently waiting for my joining in the CRPF. For physical fitness for those living in ORN/ Patel Nagar go to Ramjas sports complex in patel nagar it is 15 minutes from the patel nagar metro station and easily accessible via e-rickshaw.

For running try to first jog for 3 rounds = 1200m at your own pace slowly increasing it to 5 rounds by the end of the week. After you are confortable with the 2km run try for time bound running for the 800m. (my timing was < 3 min in the final run at the SSB)

For the 100 m initially practice strides (google it), try to increase the length of your strides by streching exercises and learn to run the proper technique, all this can be easily found on YouTube and other internet sources.

Long jump I was a natural since my childhood school days so sorry guys i really cant advice you on that. Though i can say your run up should be immactualey measured plus try to run with few light hops rather than faltly (thats how i did it).

For the Shot put i would say it is pretty easy just practice a few times before the physical ask someone on the ground for the shot put they will provide you.

Moreover if you feel you are pretty poor in athletics there is a Coach who trains athletics student in the sports ground you can undergo traning from him. I took traning for him myself as a failsafe policy but I think I would have made it without his good guidance (Sorry dont have his number and forgot his name)

For weight loss it is as simple as calories in vs calories out, install myfitnesspal app and go for a daily deficit of 700 calories. Trust me you will be able to do it even with a physical workout schedule. Also check the wiki of reddit/r/fitness it is a good forum.

Few other tips

"Get off your ass now as you dont have time"

"Give up that cigarette now, along with liqour and pot till the physical"

"People before you have done it, and people after you will do it. "

"Human body ki koi limit nahi hoti, limits sirf hamare mann main hoti hah"

Best of Luck, be safe, dont injure yourself and may the gods be with you

Thnx , dunno how to like
    ·
  • PET WILL START AFTER 3 OCT?
    ·
  • I cleared the PET in 2014 but didn't go ahead with the medical and interview as it was close to the civils mains at that time. I was residing at ORN at that time. I use to practice at the Swami Vivekanand Park or some call it Sindi Park near ganga ram hospital. There are few things you need to know.

1. They don't compromise on Physical Measurements. So if your height is less than the prescribed limit then don't bother going to PET as 2 person were straight away rejected even before they started the physical tasks.

2. Even if you are over weight you can do the task easily. Proper time would be given for you to reduce the weight. The medical test is conducted after the PET itself, may be on the same day or most likely on the next day.

3.The 800m running is about the stamina. One can develop it through practice. Make a daily habit of running for over 1-2 km. Start off slowly with making yourself accustomed by simple striding/ mild jogging. The speed does not matter what matters is you do it continuously. I use to jog around outside the Sindhi park for six rounds without stopping. You may reduce your speed in between even walk if needed but don't stop. This activity will help you build your stamina. Don't under estimate this 800m run , 2 people were rejected from my group at this task.

4. Shot put and 100m dash doesn't require much practice and almost everyone qualifies for these events.

5. Long jump is more about technique. During the test you would be given 3 chances including fouls to jump the required length. Everyone from my group cleared it even though majority of them were worried that this might be the toughest event to qualify. I didn't practise for it but made it in my second attempt (first was cancelled as foul for touching the line).

Note that all the events happen in succession so someone might get less chance to rest between a 800m run and a 100m dash. So make sure to build up your stamina for such case. I would recommend while practising for the long run of 1-2 km try to run the last 100m as sprint. Using your energy when you are tired the most.

Regarding overweight issue,sufficient time is given to reduce the weight so start the weight loss regime immediately.You will be declared temporary unfit in the medical but will buy you additional time of about 1 month more to make yourself fit. Some received interview call in-spite of being overweight.
    ·
  • What can be expected date of interview...?
    ·
  • Around mains...may be.
    ·
  • Poet_amey said:

I cleared the PET in 2014 but didn't go ahead with the medical and interview as it was close to the civils mains at that time. I was residing at ORN at that time. I use to practice at the Swami Vivekanand Park or some call it Sindi Park near ganga ram hospital. There are few things you need to know.

1. They don't compromise on Physical Measurements. So if your height is less than the prescribed limit then don't bother going to PET as 2 person were straight away rejected even before they started the physical tasks.

2. Even if you are over weight you can do the task easily. Proper time would be given for you to reduce the weight. The medical test is conducted after the PET itself, may be on the same day or most likely on the next day.

Note that all the events happen in succession so someone might get less chance to rest between a 800m run and a 100m dash. So make sure to build up your stamina for such case. I would recommend while practising for the long run of 1-2 km try to run the last 100m as sprint. Using your energy when you are tired the most.

Regarding overweight issue,sufficient time is given to reduce the weight so start the weight loss regime immediately.You will be declared temporary unfit in the medical but will buy you additional time of about 1 month more to make yourself fit. Some received interview call in-spite of being overweight.

Sir i have few questions please respond to these
    1. What will be the expected dates for PET and Interviews ?
    2. Sir, under my height category (170cm) they have mentioned Weights in range of (54 Kg-66 Kg) for age 23-27 mean is 60 kgs sir, but my weight right now is 55 Kgs will this can cause some problem in medical Test?
    3. Also due to weight-loss and other factors i am facing some problem with my far vision, its very hard to read far off letters , can this too create any problem?
    4. Last, i have braces in my teeth is that also an issue?

Thank you kindly help me out
    ·
  • @"manohar gupta1" Sorry but no idea about the dates.
    2. You are well within the range of (54-66), no issues regarding the weight.
    3. Eye sights are not a issue as long as you have power less than 4 (myopic).
    4. No Braces is not an issue at all.
    ·
  • any idea about cutoff for first phase of CAPF?
    ·
  • I have some problem with 3rd finger of left hand. Would it lead to disqualification?
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google