43 out of 86 MGP 2016 Students Appeared for their first Interview in CSE 2016. ForumIAS MGP 2017 ADMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN

ForumIAS MGP 2017 New Batch Admissions Plan Details and Admission Links are now ACTIVE, along with our performance of MGP 2016 in terms of conversion into interview calls for Mains Appearing Candidates.Click here to join NOW!

Forumias slow server

During the day time I have checked this website it takes longer to open the page.
I think cetralised server have huge database by now. Is there any other way to delete some cache etc to boost speed? How to reach to admin for this complain.
Hope every one is facing the issue.
·

Comments

• yes.. same here..
    ·
  • and to add salt to the wound... cant login for hours due to the ip flagged due to security something something error..
    koi theek kardo yaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!! :tired_face:
    Good Bye. See you Later.
    ·
  • Same here ths ip flagged issue
    ·
  • If this is the case now, then forum will die on results day.
    ·
  • Hi,

We are working on the issue and a server migration is iunder prcess. We should see some improvements tomorrow. If that does not happen, we will undertake another upgrade in a week's time.
    Email ravi@forumias.com for job openings with ForumIAS / Gurgaon Based Companies | Prelims Test Series 2017 | Mains Test Series 2016 | Study Portal | Mains Marathon
    ·
  • Hi,

Thes Server speed should have considerably improved. Let us see how things turn up by evening.
    Email ravi@forumias.com for job openings with ForumIAS / Gurgaon Based Companies | Prelims Test Series 2017 | Mains Test Series 2016 | Study Portal | Mains Marathon
    ·
  • pizza said:

and to add salt to the wound... cant login for hours due to the ip flagged due to security something something error..
    koi theek kardo yaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!! :tired_face:

Everytime the ip is flagged ,i have to uninstall the app and then downld it again . :D
    The gud thing is ,it is hardly a few MBs and i have an unlimited mthly plan B)
    ·
  • @admin You can register as a startup in microsoft Bizspark program and get Azure cloud servers ( ~7GB RAM 4 CORES processor ) for free upto 3 years. Atleast that way we can have flawless access!.

you are providing awesome platform with a awful experience.
    ·
  • edited September 2016
    Well using Cloud is a nice idea..ForumIAS then will become scalable,robust too..
    ·
  • @ForumIAS speed is same as yesterday, infact it is even more slower now. Please remove the unnecessary features like likes/dislikes if needed. Even opening the insider info thread is so difficult.
    ·
  • I worked on Azure Cloud...Cloud is definitely better..No need to show msg " Server is under maintenance"...We can deploying updated code into Staging Environment b4 deploying into Production...ForumIAS can save cost by reducing no of Virtual Machines as per the need...
    ·
  • For IP flag problem, delete the cache, sits data and relogin
    This should do.
    ·
  • edited September 2016
    Time to close this thread.Forumias has become super fast

(
    Message from root: Likes has been disabled to restore site speed. We will be undergoing another round of migration to speed up the website )
    ·
  • edited September 2016
    Awesome speed @root @Neyawn
    ·
  • @root great speed :+1: :+1:
    ·
  • edited September 2016
    We always blame when forum is slow. But lets not forget to appreciate when its super awesome. :)

Thank you very much @root @ForumIAS :+1:

root ❤ you
    Good Bye. See you Later.
    ·
  • Great.. Forumias is fast now.. @pizza Have you observed that the timestamp shown is wrong.. Like if somebody posted a comment on 2 40 PM, it's being shown as 2 10 PM in forumias, a 30 minutes difference
    ·
  • There is issue in sendig messages.
    Just wait and watch...
    ·
  • Hi,

Is the speed fast now ?can you point wise tell me the issues?

1. Time stamps are not correct. What else ?
    Currently Answering Questions on ForumIAS | Do not call me Sir, I am no Knight |
    ·
  • @Hyper May you tell exactly what's the issue in sending messages, since your comment doesnt explain anything clearly..
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google