How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!
27 JULY | 200+ Issues for Mains 2018 ForumIAS is conducting classes for Current Affairs Mains. Cover upto 200+ Issues important for Mains , with specific focus on holistic coverage and content differentiation. Attend the first session ( Open to All ) at 11AM, on Friday July 27 at ForumIAS Offline Center, New Delhi.
CLICK HERE to read more and register for the First Open Class

Help/feedback for a co-aspirant

edited August 2013 in Current Affairs
HI EVERY ONE..MY NAME IS NAVEEN..I STARTED PREPARING FOR 2014 PRELIMS WITH GEOGRAPHY AS MY OPTIONAL..I WANT TO KNW FEW THINGS TO DO MY PREPARATION ON RIGHT TRACK ..PLZ GUIDE ME..
I AM FOLLOWING HINDU NEWSPAPER..IS IT ENOUGH FOR THE CURRENT AFFAIRS OR I HAVE TO FOLLOW MAGZINES ALSO ?
I DONT WANT TO WASTE MONEY USELESSLY..AND FROM WHICH MONTH CURRENT AFFAIRS SHOULD I START FOLLOWING ? LIKE JAN 2013 OR IF I DO FROM NOW IS FINE ?

Comments

• Congratulations! You seem to have violated almost all of the forum posting rules!
  • Current affairs from Jan to the before month of Prelims would suffice. Other than Hindu, it is advisible to do a magazine of your choice preferably PD/CSR/wizard
    When they say you can't do it, it definitely means you have to do it!
  • edited August 2013
    Please don't call yourself "A NEEDY LOW CLASS PERSON" you are aiming to become a leader of this nation, have some self-respect. Advice does not change depending on the station of the person.

There is no source which can be called 'enough' for current affairs most refer to a newspaper + internet resources, magazines are optional and only to be used if you are not in the habit of making notes from newspapers.

use these link to figure out which sources to follow, there are too many options and everyone should choose what they are comfortable with:
    http://forumias.com/discussion/1993/which-are-to-be-read-frontline-epw-dte-sr-pd-cst-csr-chronicle-yojana-kuruk-
    http://forumias.com/discussion/600/magazinesmaterials-to-substitute-newspaper
    http://forumias.com/discussion/530/which-current-affairs-site-to-follow

For current affairs/IR, people usually refer to the intervening period between two mains exams i.e. Oct 2012 to oct 2013.
  • m sorry for breaking rules..actually i jus dint giv proper focus from where to change the title for forum..m srry..and thanx for ur guidance
  • Hello Naveen,
    Like @stardust1901 has said you have violated every rule of this posting a thread to this forum .
    Nevertheless,answering your query pointwise ,
    1).The Hindu is good source of Current Affairs.You are on right track.Just add a current affairs magazine to your preparation.
    CST (Civil Services Times) -is a good magazine & most of the.members here endorse it.
    2).Regarding timeline of current affairs i am not sure as i myself have started current affairs from April 2013.

Also even if your post didnt contained these words like "LOW CLASS PERSON. .... GIVE FEW MINUTES TO ME" then also membera here would have replied to your query in an earnest manner.
    Members of this community are aspiring bureacrats & least thing they see while answering. a query is economic solidarity of a member.
    ;-)
    The fault , dear Brutus, is not in our stars, / But in ourselves, that we are underlings .
  • @luv actually i posted here first time and low class person doesnt mean economically its in context with knwledge regarding upsc preparation.. :)>-
    thanx a lot for ur help bro or fren or maseeha
  • @neal786
    Its ok my friend.
    I only meant that you need not add any adjectives to your post ... just ask question directly & you will definitely get the answer.

Also i am no maseeha ... i dont deserve to be called that ..l.et me become a good human being first ...

Just bro or friend would be fine ...
    Cheers

;-)
    The fault , dear Brutus, is not in our stars, / But in ourselves, that we are underlings .
  • edited August 2013
    @neal786
    hello neal, how are you. welcome to this forum.

This forum is made for aspirants like you (us). Your first attempt to ask this question on the forum is highly appreciable. You will come to know a lot of things here. Just read all the threads (all are useful, rest the optional subjects which are not your). Just follow the rules[of forum] and every thing will be ok.

Try to read as much things as possible on internet regarding the CSE(Civil Services Examination). This is going to be a "grueling task" (so that you don't ask the questions which are 'very novice' or are 'already answered').

Read these documents many times, so that you could know the type of the questions that are generally asked in this exam.
    1)http://visionias.files.wordpress.com/2012/10/analyisis-approach-source-strategy-general-studies-mains-paper-2012-vision-ias-v.pdf
    2)http://visionias.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/analyisis-approach-source-strategy-general-studies-pre-paper-2013-vision-ias-new.pdf

do these thing you would certainly come to know the dos and the don'ts(and the answer to the question you have asked in this thread) in the coming few days. :-B
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog