"I really don't think there is anything that is better structured and more interactive in regard to Mains than the ForumIAS Mains Guidance Program." - Mitali Sethi (IAS-2016, AIR-56)
MGP Schedule C - Admissions Open Now!
Click here to read more
*Limited Seats. First Come, First Serve basis only.
Mains 2017 : The Only Course you will need to Score 400+ in GS
Mains Foundation 2017 by Ravi R Chokkalingam – to cover GS Paper 2, Paper 3, Paper 1 (Social Issues), Ethics & Essay – with 4 Full Length Mock Tests.
Classes (Online | Offline) commence from 27th June for Mains Foundation, Mains Current Affairs, GS Paper III, Ethics & Essay

Call : 9555923039 for early bird discounts

[Essay Practice] Don't Judge A Book By Its Cover

The title of the essay is - Don't judge a book by its cover

You can post your own essay on the subject. I and others may read and give feedback. I am posting my own attempt, handwritten, in the attached images. Please read through if you find the starting readable and do comment on it. Any passing remark is also welcome, beacuse that will keep the thread up :tongue:

Thanks
3.jpg
1576 x 2204 - 433K
4.jpg
1616 x 2288 - 469K
5.jpg
1592 x 2188 - 421K
6.jpg
1672 x 2348 - 662K
10.jpg
1652 x 2288 - 614K
7.jpg
1696 x 2360 - 477K
9.jpg
1744 x 2384 - 494K
8.jpg
1760 x 2452 - 563K
तदबीर से बिगड़ी हुई तक़दीर बना ले, अपने पे भरोसा है तो एक दाँव लगा ले।
3.jpg 433.4K
4.jpg 468.6K
5.jpg 420.6K
6.jpg 661.5K
10.jpg 613.6K
7.jpg 476.9K
9.jpg 494.4K
8.jpg 563.5K
·

Comments

• Hey recharge pakar bhai ,starting looks interesting because of the mention of Mr. ASHTAVAKRA ,BUT MY SMALL SCREEN AND YOUR handwriting are the two obstacles :p

Though wil read in detail,after reaching my room.
    ·
  • @sonnye thanks, yeah I have heard it from every single person who sees my handwriting :sweat: trying to make it legible enough
    ·
  • edited September 2016

@sonnye thanks, yeah I have heard it from every single person who sees my handwriting :sweat: trying to make it legible enough

Bana lijiye sir,warna examinerwa humre type hua agar,to check to sahee se nahin karega,man hee man sunayega bhee bahut :D :p
    ·
  • @ sonnye thanks, yeah I have heard it from every single person who sees my handwriting :sweat: trying to make it legible enough

while you're trying to improve your handwriting, I suggest that you increase the spacing between two lines. this would make things easier for the examiner. also, please try to reduce the strikeouts.
    "Write what should not be forgotten." - Isabel Allende
    ·
  • AgniVI said:

@ sonnye thanks, yeah I have heard it from every single person who sees my handwriting :sweat: trying to make it legible enough

while you're trying to improve your handwriting, I suggest that you increase the spacing between two lines. this would make things easier for the examiner. also, please try to reduce the strikeouts.
    thanks, I'll be mindful of this the next time I write.
    ·
  • bhai sach batana concentration ka problem hai na tumko bachpan se?? even my writing is like this.. we could have been doctors!!
    ·
  • bhai sach batana concentration ka problem hai na tumko bachpan se?? even my writing is like this.. we could have been doctors!!

as far as problems go, see I had problem in knees I think, and also hit my head in an accident, and the list is quite long, but nothing that can be remotely related to why my handwriting turned this way. I think for concentration issues, I never concentrated on this issue :lol: I have successfully tried writing in beautiful ways, but was too slow, so just gave up on that after some time. I think I have had a habit of thinking more, and writing less for all my school years. That laziness can be one reason. One of my ma'am in school would call me 'pa.say.n.zur' for my slow writing speed. I liked maths more, which involved less of writing. Over time I developed a liking for the way I wrote; I felt, kind of, unique. I could write with a super fluid speed, my actual handwriting (the above one is a bit refined one) would look something auspicious, though illegible to most, perfectly legible to me. And only I was going to read my notes anyway. In exams I would try to simplify it a bit, and in engg did not need so much of big write ups mostly, except in a few subjects.

But now need to make it legible, spic and span. some writing practice would help I think.

p.s. If just poor handwriting could make us doctors, even then I won't go for that :blush: no offense meant for doctors
    ·
  • I cahllenge anyone to read thru, hai dum kisi mein?
    ·
  • ^challenge
    ·
  • tried to upload the essay in single pdf for comfortable reading, but it's not going thru; don't know why.
    ·
  • Richard Parker...bro i have the same problem,and I am astonished by how similiar our handwritings are ! A smal tip : Write in block letters witha sharp ink pen. It has helped me a lot.Legibility has increased and so has symmetry.
    One step,One Punch,One Round At a Time.
    How you do anything is how you do everything.
    ·
  • Richard bhai, i think you hold the pen grip pretty up. I think you take your grip close to the tip, it might reducw your writing speed initially, but you can capitalize on it in few days. Neatness is a problem which can irritate a 50+ yr old examiner.
    ·
  • BANE_007 said:

Richard bhai, i think you hold the pen grip pretty up. I think you take your grip close to the tip, it might reducw your writing speed initially, but you can capitalize on it in few days. Neatness is a problem which can irritate a 50+ yr old examiner.

u r probably right, will try out variations on gripping a little lower. Thanks for the input bhai.
    ·
  • Bhiya dont wanna dicourage you , but u havnt been writing much i suppose ( writing with intend of improving

Lemme point of few things , you have the capbilty to improve as your words the stokes have a particular shape , i m unable to explain , but lets just say when u write alphabet "c " , "g " or any ither fir tgat matter it is written similarly , so its all about arranging the letters

Main issue with bad handwriting people (like me) ,is that they dont have a predefined shape for their aphabets , which isnt the case with you

I have a friend. , The only person whose handwriting was worse them me , he went to delhi for coaching and his handwritting is faw better them a lot of midcore handwritting people i know

His mantra : just keep writing with intend on improving it
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google