How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!
27 JULY | 200+ Issues for Mains 2018 ForumIAS is conducting classes for Current Affairs Mains. Cover upto 200+ Issues important for Mains , with specific focus on holistic coverage and content differentiation. Attend the first session ( Open to All ) at 11AM, on Friday July 27 at ForumIAS Offline Center, New Delhi.
CLICK HERE to read more and register for the First Open Class

Best two among these : The Hindu, TOI, Indian Express, ET, Financial Express, Business Standard ?

akiaki
edited August 2013 in Current Affairs
Which two among these would be good for us to read . I've been reading the hindu and express for a long time and experimented with ET too but wasn't satisfied , therefore i want to know which two you think are the best to take together .
each-time you're defeated you come closer to the victory
| political science |didn't qualified in first attempt- 2014, but this isn't the end.

Comments

• 1) The Hindu
    2) The Indian Express
    3) Opinion page of Businessline.
  • 1) The Hindu
    2) The Indian Express
    3) Economic Times
    Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
  • 1) The Hindu
    2) The Indian Express
    3) Economic Times
    +1
    You may be a king or a little street sweeper,but sooner or later you dance with the reaper!
  • 1) The Hindu- all the news relevant for CSE
    2) feedly.com - with the subscribed links of
    a) editorials, from different sources(according to your wish, sources change with the time)
    b) S&T, from different sources(according to your wish, sources change with the time)
    c) culture, from different sources(according to your wish, sources change with the time)
    d) different news websites for economy. (ET, FT, Mint), the Hindu has an economy section.
    refer to the analysis by the visionias pdf of the analysis of the previous year pre and mains paper to decide the above three points+ some other points which you think are important (like epw.in )
  • I read Indian Express and Live Mint. Coming from MBA- Finance background, I have gone through many financial newspapers over the years (Economic Times, Business Line, Business Standard and Live Mint), I found Live Mint to be a good source of news cum analysis, which is to my liking.
    Before subscribing you should buy these papers individually for 2-3 days and see what suits you best.

Thanks and Regards
    Preachers of ethics and morality aren't having enough fun :-)
  • I think 'completing' The Hindu's relevant stuff daily is in itself a momentous achievement! But since it is slightly bent towards Leftist ideology (IMO), it is good to read The Indian Express once in a while to keep one's ideology neutral (and mind sane...)

For example, on Sundays I prefer Indian Express and Dainik Jagran/Hindustan over Hindu. And while browsing internet, ET/FT/Live Mint can be given a go too; sometimes they publish an article that's so sound that it beats Hindu & Indian Express by miles.

If I switch to ToI, I am afraid my grammar and my spelling sense would go berserk! While writing about the efficiency of PDS in India, I don't want to think that even if PDS doesn't work people are not going to complain since they are going to get a toned body like Kareena Kapoor! 8-}
    Sharpen your axe, before cutting down the tree...
  • i guess even hindu business line is a gud newspaper....i read it daily...i guess the only gud newspaper available in my town
    Congratulations to all those who cleared CSE 2014....!!
  • @fist_of_fury
    may I know why you don't read online for economy from "economy newspaper's" websites ???
  • @fist_of_fury
    may I know why you don't read online for economy from "economy newspaper's" websites ???
    well...i avoid reading online as mch as possible....it's very strenuous fr our eyes...moreover i gotta read other stuff like ignou chapters, other notes fr optionals and gs , online whch means i hve to sit in frnt of the screen fr very long....dats y
    Congratulations to all those who cleared CSE 2014....!!
  • @fist_of_fury
    bro, I would like to suggest you to decrease the brightness and contrast of the screen so that the screen of the computer appears like the pages of a book. This is what I have done and I can read for a longer duration now.
  • I read The Hindu (the paper newspaper). That itself takes 1.5-2.5 hrs, depending on how useful the content seems to me, plus writing notes.
    So, I downloaded 'The Indian Express' and TOI apps in my Android phone. I read editorials and columns using this app and it's very comfortable. The best part is- reading them while travelling in metro. Even in a short distance travel, I can finish 2-3 articles! ;)
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog