MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

[Internet study] How can we get Reliance Jio Sim?

Friends, as we know we spend lot of time on internet studying, watching lectures like chokkhalingam videos, QIP, vision discussion and analysis videos etc which consumes huge data and speed is also not good. It is costly too when you are not in Delhi. Reliance Jio with cheapest data rate in the world can be ans to this. How can we get that sim in shortest time possible? Also which modem or 4g phone will be best to do teethring with PC?
Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.

Comments

• edited September 2016
    Buy a lyf phone which comes at quite affordable cost or Samsung j2 series.....Sim comes wid mobile .....one year unlimited 4g data wid lyf model....
    Using it since past few weeks...excellent speed.......
  • Bsnl 3g- 1099rs unlimited 3g....trust me the speed is awesome even in rural areas..
    These guys just lack the marketing skills.. download speed is 100-200KBps in day and crosses 600-700kbps in night
  • Kuch bhi ho bhaiyya lekin " Airtel " mat lena yaar...

Bahut hi Bakwaas network hai.. Mere Phone aur Tablet mein Airtel hi hai.. Pareshaan ho jata hoon yaar sahi mein.. Change karna hai isko ab.

Reliance, Idea, BSNL ---- sab badhiya hai..
  • edited September 2016
    Reliance Jio speed is amazing. My broadband runs like 100 kbps at its best and Jio at 1mbps downloading even at worst.And the best part is I belong to a small town n still its almost consistent.
    Get reliance wind 6(cost around rs 5500)if u want to use the phone.If u want better,u can get water6(rs 11000).but if u only need it for hotspot purposes,u shud buy a cheaper one at around rs3500-4500.
    P.s. I am not a reliance agent...lol...I just loved the speed.
  • avidr said:

Reliance Jio speed is amazing. My broadband runs like 100 kbps at its best and Jio at 1mbps downloading even at worst.And the best part is I belong to a small town n still its almost consistent.
    Get reliance wind 6(cost around rs 5500)if u want to use the phone.If u want better,u can get water6(rs 11000).but if u only need it for hotspot purposes,u shud buy a cheaper one at around rs3500-4500.

Seems awesome, I am using bsnl, it is better than all right now. Want to try to this Jio Now. Wind 6 seems good, how is the performance of phone btw @avidr
    Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.
  • ab airtel 4g ka kya hoga?
    wind power α v^3. That's how speed matters to generate power required to drive upsc exam.
  • Jio sim is available for free from 5th September. Free services till december end. Check for services in your area.
    Enjoy the hard work.

Nothing bhai...

Mittal Saahab ki Baaraah Bajaa di Ambani ne.

• I doubt whether sim will be provided free.

Nothing bhai...

Mittal Saahab ki Baaraah Bajaa di Ambani ne.

Waise airtel broadband acha chlta hai. sasta bhi hai
  • Band to airtel/voda ki lgegi..bhut loota hai inhone..abi tk rate down ni kia itne protective hai rates ko leke...
  • edited September 2016
    BANE_007 said:

Band to airtel/voda ki lgegi..bhut loota hai inhone..abi tk rate down ni kia itne protective hai rates ko leke...

@BANE_007 I am using bsnl 3g right now, 1949 ka karwata hun recharge 21 gb wala...2 mahine chal jata hai... but thoda kanjoosi krni padti hai with compromise in movies downloading and YT... 1099 wale me kya khoobi hai? Kitne gb tak full speed ati hai?
  • Burger said:

avidr said:

Seems awesome, I am using bsnl, it is better than all right now. Want to try to this Jio Now. Wind 6 seems good, how is the performance of phone btw @avidr
    Lyf phones are crap..use it just for tethering..buy the 2999 rs one..my bro uses wind6..hangs every now and then
  • Burger said:

BANE_007 said:

Band to airtel/voda ki lgegi..bhut loota hai inhone..abi tk rate down ni kia itne protective hai rates ko leke...

@BANE_007 I am using bsnl 3g right now, 1949 ka karwata hun recharge 21 gb wala...2 mahine chal jata hai... but thoda kanjoosi krni padti hai with compromise in movies downloading and YT... 1099 wale me kya khoobi hai? Kitne gb tak full speed ati hai?
    Full speed without any limit..10 days pehle hi launch kia hai bsnl ne to compete with jio...no FUP or so..newspapers m bhi kaafi ad dia tha inhone..i recharged it the next day itself and have used 21gb in 7-8 days...speed is the same as earlier..
  • Buy Reliance jiofi portable hotspot device with rechargeable battery with up to 10 device connection capacity for Rs. 2899 with simcard
  • BANE_007 said:

Burger said:

avidr said:

Lyf phones are crap..use it just for tethering..buy the 2999 rs one..my bro uses wind6..hangs every now and then
    True....it hangs n battery life is also very poor.....
  • BANE_007 said:

Burger said:

BANE_007 said:

Full speed without any limit..10 days pehle hi launch kia hai bsnl ne to compete with jio...no FUP or so..newspapers m bhi kaafi ad dia tha inhone..i recharged it the next day itself and have used 21gb in 7-8 days...speed is the same as earlier..
    Ye abhi bhi available hai ya 31st August tak hi tha ?
  • BANE_007 said:

Burger said:

BANE_007 said:

:open_mouth: sounds cool :open_mouth:
  • soo said:

BANE_007 said:

Burger said:

BANE_007 said:

Hamesa available hai from 15 aug onwards...
  • soo said:

BANE_007 said:

Burger said:

BANE_007 said:

its is just like ususal recharge see their website.
    http://www.bsnl.in/opencms/bsnl/BSNL/services/mobile/3g_prepaid_data_plan.html
  • Burger said:

BANE_007 said:

Burger said:

BANE_007 said:

:open_mouth: sounds cool :open_mouth:
    Yup it is..but again jio is offering unlimited 4g till dec..so 4 months 4g data unlimited for 3000...sounds much better and you get an extra mobile which you can later gift to your relatives..so win win situation :smiley:

• edited September 2016
    Can reliance jio be used in moto g2 2nd version? I am fed up of airtel service...

What is the monthly cost of jio vs bsnl monthly recharge 4g?
    @BANE_007 @Ivan_TheTerrible
  • Burger said:

BANE_007 said:

yaha ka mera bsnl broadband plan is 1252 Rs Including tax, 8 MbPS and 60 GB FUP. Kahe 1949 ka kharcha kar rahe ho. Check for similar broadband plans in ur area.
    Good Bye. See you Later.
  • @BANE_007 Brother I use Tata Photon( Which can win the oscar in pathetic service and speed which falls to 6 to 8 KBPS after FUP). I really want to change. I read about BSNL plan the day it was launched and checked BSNL jharkhand website it didn't mention the 1099 plan so i thought maybe its a region specific thing.I dont have their dongle if i buy their dongle will the plan be loaded onto it or i have to separately purchase the plan.BTW i'm in Jharkhand.

• Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.
  • pizza said:

Burger said:

BANE_007 said:

yaha ka mera bsnl broadband plan is 1252 Rs Including tax, 8 MbPS and 60 GB FUP. Kahe 1949 ka kharcha kar rahe ho. Check for similar broadband plans in ur area.
    arey bhai rate varies wrt circle... earlier i had this bsnl broadband 750 ka unlimited wala plan, speed was 40-50 kbps and at night 70-85kbps :P ...1099 seems fine to me... will test this first... tumhare se bhi sasta hai :P :D Bane bhai toh mere 2 mahine ke barabar download pel diye :D
  • I have moved to Reliance Jio about a month ago, and downloaded 500GB data. The speed is unparalleled.. At nights, goes to about 10MBPS downloading speed. Have an experience of downloading a 1.6GB update in about 10-15 mins.

If anyone's is interested, I have Jio phone, spare one, looking to sell. Ping me for details.
  • I have moved to Reliance Jio about a month ago, and downloaded 500GB data. The speed is unparalleled.. At nights, goes to about 10MBPS downloading speed. Have an experience of downloading a 1.6GB update in about 10-15 mins.

If anyone's is interested, I have Jio phone, spare one, looking to sell. Ping me for details.

Bro, can you show the snapshot of download speed of this movie? Can't belive what you said :open_mouth:

https://1337x.unblocked.live/torrent/1758875/Angry-Birds-2016-English-1080p/
  • I don't have the one for that,but I can show you yesterday's , only little less than earlier one. Have a look
    @Burger
    IMG-20160831-WA0002.jpg
    720 x 1280 - 88K
  • edited September 2016

I have moved to Reliance Jio about a month ago, and downloaded 500GB data. The speed is unparalleled.. At nights, goes to about 10MBPS downloading speed. Have an experience of downloading a 1.6GB update in about 10-15 mins.

airtel 4 g download speed goes upto 20-25 mbps....or even more
    wind power α v^3. That's how speed matters to generate power required to drive upsc exam.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog