ForumIAS Simulator Tests ! Starts April 2 ( UPDATED LINKS )

ForumIAS Simulator Tests commence from April 2, 2017. Click here to download Test Plan. Click here to enroll for the online Test Series . Click here to enroll for the Classroom Test Series.

Should India Embrace Artificial Intelligence In Governance? - An article by Gaurav Agrawal.

Comments

• History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
    ·
  • I tell people this but nobody seems to listen - Swarajya is the best magazine to prepare for this exam. An infinite times better than Frontline.

It is India's only Ideas-based magazine.
    ·
  • I tell people this but nobody seems to listen - Swarajya is the best magazine to prepare for this exam. An infinite times better than Frontline.

Haan Swarajya bahut achhi magazine hai.. Bilkul sahi kaha.

Lekin problem ye hai ki Magazines, Newspapers( Bhale hi selectively hi sahi) , then Optional ki books, then Kisi bhi Coaching ke Current Affairs ke notes.. Itna sab kuch padha to ja sakta hai, yaad bhi kiya jaa sakta hai.... par Exam ke pehle itna sab kuch Revise NAHI kiya jaa sakta...

Aur bina Revision ke CSM kabhi bhi clear ho nahi sakti..
    ·

Bhai it will take time for the "intellectuals" amongst the middle classes to start accepting a "right" leaning perspective of all issues,but it is slowly trickling down.And yes some of the issues swarajya presents are down right "politically incorrect" but extremely correct factually.It all boils down to how we balance those perspectives while framing a cse mains answer(assuming such an ideology based question is asked) w/o sounding too partisan and w/o being too politically incorrect at the expense of being factually correct because lets not forget the paper checkers still are from the bastions of leftist institutions of India.

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.
    ·

Bhai it will take time for the "intellectuals" amongst the middle classes to start accepting a "right" leaning perspective of all issues,but it is slowly trickling down.And yes some of the issues swarajya presents are down right "politically incorrect" but extremely correct factually.It all boils down to how we balance those perspectives while framing a cse mains answer(assuming such an ideology based question is asked) w/o sounding too partisan and w/o being too politically incorrect at the expense of being factually correct because lets not forget the paper checkers still are from the bastions of leftist institutions of India.

yes u r correct as paper checkers are oldies jnu du lal salaam afzal premi-gang who love the anti hindu type articles but i think the change is coming as the gs mains papers now a days are not so much left oriented barring essay paper but our answer should have some communist shade to lure those leftist clan...am also thinking to subscribe for swarajya mag its way better than left pessimistic frontline

am glad to see all right minded scholars in this thread who are not swayed down by communist anti hindu feeding of the hindu newspaper
    ·
  • when i see gaurav agarwal jee my faith in ias restores but when i see rachit raj :'(
    ·
  • just go to swarajyamag.com to see the depth and quality of their socio pol economic articles it can help in cultural issues too to make our opinion indianised rather than anti hindu biased communist manifestos like the hindu newspaper
    ·
  • There's nothing new in the article.
    No offence to Gaurav Sir. I respect him a lot.
    ·
  • Well, AI is the future. Be it in governance or exploring the universe. But, We can see some positive effects only after we have sufficient computer literacy in our country.

Also, This time is not ripe for AI. Maybe 40 to 50 years down the lane, we can ponder upon it. We have other issues to address which are prerequisites for making AI a success. We need to restructure and reform the whole engineering and technological scenario, we need cutting edge research capabilities, we need state of the art technological infrastructure. We cant afford all those right now, Neither do we have the money nor do we have the expertise.

we need to first solve poverty, security, education and livelihood issues.

ps, felt the article would have been much clear if the sentence formation was not so complex. dont blame me, i am looking for answer writing examples everywhere. :mrgreen:
    Good Bye. See you Later.
    ·
    Screenshot_2016-08-28-17-42-54-1.png
    768 x 488 - 281K
    ·
  • edited August 2016
    Umm was wondering if this could be done. Algorithms cant be trusted as much as human evaluation.
    We need more public participation in governance as it will increase transparency in the system.

What if those 10 crore pictures are uploaded on a public domain. People are anyways browsing for weird things online, so they might as well find this interesting and also contribute to the betterment of the nation.
    If genuine registered users are able to view and rate the toilets for whatever necessary criteria, maybe we can do it in a much faster, reliable and cost efficient way than what AI could do.

When a single call from PM can make millions to hold the broomstick for the first time in their life, i am sure everyone would flock in crazy numbers if PM makes a call for Public participatory governance.

Probably it would be a one of a kind of website in the history of mankind..
    Similar things could be done for roads.. for trains. railways stations.. and every other public infrastructure/property.

Maybe provide some sort of incentives for very good contributors.

A much better way to spend time online rather than posting, feeling happy with angel priya and 10 others. :mrgreen:
    Good Bye. See you Later.
    ·
  • pizza said:

Umm was wondering if this could be done. Algorithms cant be trusted as much as human evaluation.
    We need more public participation in governance as it will increase transparency in the system.

What if those 10 crore pictures are uploaded on a public domain. People are anyways browsing for weird things online, so they might as well find this interesting and also contribute to the betterment of the nation.
    If genuine registered users are able to view and rate the toilets for whatever necessary criteria, maybe we can do it in a much faster, reliable and cost efficient way than what AI could do.

When a single call from PM can make millions to hold the broomstick for the first time in their life, i am sure everyone would flock in crazy numbers if PM makes a call for Public participatory governance.

Probably it would be a one of a kind of website in the history of mankind..
    Similar things could be done for roads.. for trains. railways stations.. and every other public infrastructure/property.

Maybe provide some sort of incentives for very good contributors.

A much better way to spend time online rather than posting, feeling happy with angel priya and 10 others. :mrgreen:

Bilkul sahi baat h ye. Katai badhiyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    ·
  • merc_benz said:

Too late. It already does - not merely a generation, but a whole bloody genus called Homo.
    Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
    ·
  • Also,

feed the mains answer booklets of effective, ineffective and corrupt civil servants into an artificial neural network designed to analyse the text. Let it try and find common traits for each class. Finally use the combined data to sort cse aspirants into these classes. I bet it's going to know the difference between a GA and a you-know-who. Rank only the aspirants in the group tagged as 'efficient' by the system. It's less of a gamble than the current system of arbitrary answer checking and scaling, and then the sweet little game of 'please the board.'
    Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
    ·
  • Perused through the article. Thoroughly disagree with it.
    The problems of this country have not appeared in a day and will not vanish in a day with some magical invention.

When the need of the hour is real intelligence, being the fad of the day, artificial intelligence is being craved.
    The Lion does not concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
    ·
  • I just read on the economist that University of Sydney has made a drone which 'sees' each and every plant of the field and diagnose whether they need pesticide or not, if yes, only a plant will receive that. It is ans AI application. Things are already being done, we need some good IP laws too.

Banaye toh yaha bangalore mei bhi hai kaafi log.. All you need to is to design a co-operative mission between UAV's and Unmanned ground vehicles. Get a good imaging system and your job is done. Image processing se saara crop pattern analyse ho jaata hai. Uss hisaab se UGV's pesticide spray kar lenge.. Kuch aisa hi hum logon ne apna final year project mei bhi banaya tha..

But when you do it on a professional level, isska expenses hadd se zyada hai.. The cost of a single drone itself can range from 1 to 15 Lakh depending on the type of the mission. Iska Lithium Polymer battery hi kareeb 10k ka aata hai.. Battery life cycle is usually not more than 2 years.. Maintenance ka bohot kharcha hota hai.. Ek Carbon fibre propeller 2 to 10k ka aata hai.. Phir iska radio system.. Imaging system sab alag alag kharche hai..
    Stabilization and Navigation electronics bohot sensitive hote hai.. Thoda bhi jhatka laga within seconds hazaron rupay gayab..
    Software ka alag se kharcha hai..

The point i am trying to make is that, there are millions of drones flying around the world, but we have not yet reached where we are supposed to, in terms of reliability and cost efficiency.

Yaha ek ghante drone chala ke land survey karne ko 15k charge karte hai drone operators.. tum hi bolo kaunsa farmer afford kar paega itna paisa..

Ye sab toh ground level ka problems hua..

Drone regulation ke alag lafde hai.. Abhi tak FAA bhi drone traffic management ka rules nahi bana paaya hai.. India mei bas abhi Drone registration ka draft pass kia tha DGCA kuch mahine pehle..

Baat rahi yaha ki drone research and production.. toh uske baare mei na kehna hi sahi hoga.. sharam se sarr jhuk jaega..

Ye sab driverless car, drones etc USA ke khali roads pe hi acche lagenge.. India is a very different country.. Hamare problems alag hai aur hamare solutions bhi..
    Good Bye. See you Later.
    ·
  • Brilliant essay by the one and only Sh. Gaurav Agarwal.
    Attempt = 1 | Interview = 1 (2015) | 2016 Mains = 2nd Attempt
    ·
  • Irony. :D
    The Lion does not concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google