ForumIAS Simulator Tests ! Starts April 2 ( UPDATED LINKS )

ForumIAS Simulator Tests commence from April 2, 2017. Click here to download Test Plan. Click here to enroll for the online Test Series . Click here to enroll for the Classroom Test Series.

From where to cover Salient features of Indian society etc of GS-1 paper

Provide link, supports, suggestions etc to cover following topics of GS-1
1) Salient features of Indian society, Diversity of India
2)Role of women and women's organisation
3) population and associated issues
4)Effect of globalization on Indian society

Thank you!
·

Comments

• BlackBox said:

Provide link, supports, suggestions etc to cover following topics of GS-1
    1) Salient features of Indian society, Diversity of India
    2)Role of women and women's organisation
    3) population and associated issues
    4)Effect of globalization on Indian society

Thank you!

dear.. go through vision ias previous three years questions on these topics..that will be more than enough.. don't look for topics.. try to do it question wise.
    ·
  • Try Ram Ahuja. There are 2-3 books by the dude. Get the red one regarding social problems. Fair warning though: it stopped updating in the 1990s or early 2000s. You'll internally shout out, "You have no idea about what happened after that, Mr. Ahuja," several times during reading the book.
    Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
    ·
  • There is a book by du of around 700 pages on net. Howz that?
    ·
  • Common sense !
    ·
  • hii friends i am vijay from bangalore

I had covered this topics for my 2015 mains and have made notes on this topics ..currently i am involved in guiding civil service aspirants . i have made synoptic notes on this topics ..i am ready to share if any one is interested. for free .

kindly let me know if needed i can upload topic wise notes for this part of gs-paper1

regards
    viju
    ·
  • Bhai newspaper se ho jayega... No extra reading needed. Just see ROI on efforts.
    ·
  • yar ye sab general topics hai ..newspaper , yojana me poverty , women issue, population pe kabhi koi article mile to usse dekh lo..baki ram ahuja me diya hai..
    Romeo naam mera..

Chori hai kaam tera..
    ·
  • bhai in topics per koi Government released doc kai kya?
    ·
  • @BombayPirate where we can find vision last 3 year questions on that plz provide link if u have thnks
    chocolate is my life
    ·
  • jeevee said:

hii friends i am vijay from bangalore

I had covered this topics for my 2015 mains and have made notes on this topics ..currently i am involved in guiding civil service aspirants . i have made synoptic notes on this topics ..i am ready to share if any one is interested. for free .

kindly let me know if needed i can upload topic wise notes for this part of gs-paper1

regards
    viju

Hi, Vijay can you upload notes, I am interested, thanks in advance.
    ·
  • edited September 2016
    @asjustmail @choco_dip @anupam17 @BlackBox You can find notes for most of the topics here http://www.ias4sure.com/gs1-notes/ ( All GS 1) and http://www.ias4sure.com/society-notes-for-mains/ (Society) ... All notes are freely accessible from your laptop. Links wont' open on mobile.
    ·
  • For Indian Society , go through this link -- http://insightsonindia.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/indian-society.pdf

Role of women and women organisations --- Yojana magazine of september 2016 -- Women Empowerment
    Don't watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.
    ·
  • Read Sociology NCERTs of 12 (both) and preferably make your notes on basic points.
    The New Geo NCERT on Human Geo and another on Economic, Political Geo has some excellent points in few chapters on some of the topics mentioned above.
    The 4 books above will cover most of the topics and give you very clear picture on what are the key concern and focus areas. (You should anyways read the 4 NCERTs so no time wastage at all).

Supplement your notes with Prev year questions and current topics/test series questions of coaching institutes. For current issues you can read Vision or Insights or any other monthly compilation.
    Spend less time (about 4 days) in covering 4 NCERTs, making notes etc and maximum time revising current affairs related topics, prev questions and answer writing, spread over next 12 weeks. Need not worry about anything, you will score well in GS 1 as well as the Essay topic if you write on any related topics. In GS you just need to write maximum 300 words on any issue covering broad aspects. As long as you are able to write good answers of Previous year questions, you will do very well this year as well.

Cheers
    ·
  • Read Sociology NCERTs of 12 (both) and preferably make your notes on basic points.
    The New Geo NCERT on Human Geo and another on Economic, Political Geo has some excellent points in few chapters on some of the topics mentioned above.
    The 4 books above will cover most of the topics and give you very clear picture on what are the key concern and focus areas. (You should anyways read the 4 NCERTs so no time wastage at all).

Supplement your notes with Prev year questions and current topics/test series questions of coaching institutes. For current issues you can read Vision or Insights or any other monthly compilation.
    Spend less time (about 4 days) in covering 4 NCERTs, making notes etc and maximum time revising current affairs related topics, prev questions and answer writing, spread over next 12 weeks. Need not worry about anything, you will score well in GS 1 as well as the Essay topic if you write on any related topics. In GS you just need to write maximum 300 words on any issue covering broad aspects. As long as you are able to write good answers of Previous year questions, you will do very well this year as well.

Cheers

thanks for detailed stratergy.
    ·
  • For Indian Society , go through this link -- http://insightsonindia.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/indian-society.pdf

Role of women and women organisations --- Yojana magazine of september 2016 -- Women Empowerment

thanks bro.
    ·
  • Ias4sure said:

@asjustmail @choco_dip @anupam17 @BlackBox You can find notes for most of the topics here http://www.ias4sure.com/gs1-notes/ ( All GS 1) and http://www.ias4sure.com/society-notes-for-mains/ (Society) ... All notes are freely accessible from your laptop. Links wont' open on mobile.

thanks for material
    ·

Cheers

thanks for detailed stratergy.
    Anytime bhai :)
    ·

Is the Indian Society book of Insights the NCERT one?
    ·

Is the Indian Society book of Insights the NCERT one?
    Yes bro, it is of NCERT Class XII
    Don't watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.
    ·
  • @Ias4sure @Ias4sure plz provide some material for ethics
    thanks in advance
    chocolate is my life
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google