"I really don't think there is anything that is better structured and more interactive in regard to Mains than the ForumIAS Mains Guidance Program." - Mitali Sethi (IAS-2016, AIR-56)
MGP Schedule C - Admissions Open Now!
Click here to read more
*Limited Seats. First Come, First Serve basis only.

Philosophy optional mains 2016 - discussion, progress, doubts, sources, answer writing, etc

Philosophy people please come forward.
pre - 2, mains - 1*
·

Comments

• Nice initiative...i am hopeful of writing mains this year with philo. Last yr got 85+87 though expected more in p1.
    ·
  • adiguru said:

Nice initiative...i am hopeful of writing mains this year with philo. Last yr got 85+87 though expected more in p1.

Well initiative bro
    My last year score 110 and 75 constrant on paper 2

·
  • @adiguru @rearing what did you do for answer writing last year? and what is your plan this year?
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
    ·
  • @adiguru @rearing what did you do for answer writing last year? and what is your plan this year?

Bhai nothing bas self study no test no writing practice
    But this year i have to do

·
  • Start something ! Here
    Aspiring to be an IAS
    ·
  • @kinghood haan bhai..keval ek dikkat hai...type nhi ho payega mujhse answers yaha..koi aur raasta?
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
    ·
  • @Chomuphilosopher Nice initiative. You can upload images of your answers, it would be a good start
    Keep Your Friends Close , But enemies closer..
    ·
  • Patanjali and Mitra's test series review please??
    Which one is better?
    ·
  • Please suggest a good test series for philosophy optional in Delhi.
    aham brahmasmi
    ·
  • @Chomuphilosopher bhai count me in too. we can post the pic of written answer here.
    ·
  • Please start this initiative as soon as possible.
    @Chomuphilosopher please post a question , lets get it started.
    Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
    ·
  • Notes needed audio notes money on demand
    ·
  • Good initiative...last year 108p1 and 111p2.... need to do more writing practice...we need to evaluate answers of each other..
    ·
  • great...
    ·
  • Consider me also on board. Let's start with questions from Plato, Aristotle etc
    ·
  • @kinghood haan bhai..keval ek dikkat hai...type nhi ho payega mujhse answers yaha..koi aur raasta?

Bhai frst tell !! Ur medium in philsophy is hindi or english ?
    Aspiring to be an IAS
    ·
  • Telegram grp banao air inbox karo ek dusre ko jo interted h ! Yaha ! Comment pe telegram link mat daalna ! Warna duniya ajayegi
    Aspiring to be an IAS
    ·
  • kinghood said:

Telegram grp banao air inbox karo ek dusre ko jo interted h ! Yaha ! Comment pe telegram link mat daalna ! Warna duniya ajayegi

Aspiring to be an IAS
    ·
  • Thinking of joining Mitra's Test Series... Has anyone taken those tests before?
    ·
  • kinghood said:

kinghood said:

Telegram grp banao air inbox karo ek dusre ko jo interted h ! Yaha ! Comment pe telegram link mat daalna ! Warna duniya ajayegi

bhai yahi par kkrlo yaar
    ·
  • charvaka " prince of heterodox"- comment.
    ·
  • venom94 said:

Good initiative...last year 108p1 and 111p2.... need to do more writing practice...we need to evaluate answers of each other..

Bhai paper two satergy
    ·
  • yes lets discuss the answer writing for various types of questions, coz i think for philosophy approach brings more marks than the content
    ·
  • venom94 said:

Good initiative...last year 108p1 and 111p2.... need to do more writing practice...we need to evaluate answers of each other..

Medium

·
  • charvaka " prince of heterodox"- comment.

I won't attempt the exact answer but try to draw the outline. Please tell if it makes sense.

Start with what is Orthodox and heterodox in the context of Indian philosophy and what were the social conditions ie 6th century BC when Orthodox philosophies/ religion emerged.

Move on to discuss the philosophy mainly the ontology and the epistemology of carvaka ie materialism and perception. Then various criticism of carvaka. Then few positives like how the skeptical approach enriched philosophy, the concept of cultured hedonism etc.

I will end the answer on the point that out of the various heterodox schools carvaka faded away while Buddhism and Jainism continued to be far more important. It can be called a progenitor of the heterodox schools but not the prince.

·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google