Test series for geography optional.

I have shortlisted four options,whoever has attended any one of following kindly highlight the pros &cons of respective programme.
1)guidance 500+
2) Neetu singh
3) vajiram
4) vision IAS.

No judgement only pro and con so that we can make informed decision.TIA.

Comments

• nirbhik said:

I have shortlisted four options,whoever has attended any one of following kindly highlight the pros &cons of respective programme.
    1)guidance 500+
    2) Neetu singh
    3) vajiram
    4) vision IAS.

even i am also confused where to go .
    1. but i will eliminate neetu singh . i joined neetu singh geography classes
    she is experienced in geography and this experience came after teaching over many years .she has mugged up every thing .she make confuse others repeatedly saying same thing again and again .so i will not suggest you to go there .

2. about guidance 500 + . i want to join it but never heard it before except forum .... and those who are giving good feedback about guidance .i checked their history. they have comments related to only praising guidance ias.....but i am curious to know about this coaching .... because he take questions so one can generate a framework how to approach questions ...and can make his own framework for any question.

3. vajiram shabbir is good teacher i have heard .my friend who joined vajiram told me that yes , no doubt ,he is good but taking tests from what he teaches in classes will not serve my purpose ......rather i have to make a mind ..so that i can frame any question in geography .he also take classes ..but how much one can cover in 23 days ..everyone knows ..... still my stake is between vajiram and guidance . :)

4.dont have any idea about vision but vision's answer sheets are evaluated by senior aspirants who neither have any experience nor they are selected .so i eliminated vision too .

5. use your discretion too while arriving any decision .. this is my personal thought .
  • How about ensemble test series
    No matter what...give ur life
  • Ish said:

How about ensemble test series

have not heard .can you please give your review of various coaching ..if you know :)
  • I just know that Shabbir sir's test series is best.Last year whoever followed his advice got better marks.
    Neetu mam is a hard worker and if we remove last year geography mains she is always on track but she is a very limited teacher.
    Guidance IAS :I do not know much but his 650 plus can give an advantage of solving at least that much questions.
    Vision IAS is bread and butter .I guess questions will be available on one or the other platform...

I am also confused between guidance and ensemble.I am in a remote location therefore looking for an online test series
  • Moreover you will get confused by asking everyone.Just zero on one soon ...and give all the tests diligently...
  • alok1991 said:

nirbhik said:

1)guidance 500+
    2) Neetu singh
    3) vajiram
    4) vision IAS.

she is experienced in geography and this experience came after teaching over many years .she has mugged up every thing .she make confuse others repeatedly saying same thing again and again .so i will not suggest you to go there .

2. about guidance 500 + . i want to join it but never heard it before except forum .... and those who are giving good feedback about guidance .i checked their history. they have comments related to only praising guidance ias.....but i am curious to know about this coaching .... because he take questions so one can generate a framework how to approach questions ...and can make his own framework for any question.

3. vajiram shabbir is good teacher i have heard .my friend who joined vajiram told me that yes , no doubt ,he is good but taking tests from what he teaches in classes will not serve my purpose ......rather i have to make a mind ..so that i can frame any question in geography .he also take classes ..but how much one can cover in 23 days ..everyone knows ..... still my stake is between vajiram and guidance . :)

4.dont have any idea about vision but vision's answer sheets are evaluated by senior aspirants who neither have any experience nor they are selected .so i eliminated vision too .

5. use your discretion too while arriving any decision .. this is my personal thought .
    Bhai sare point valid hai aapke par which is best amongst them and include mazid hussain and ensemble(k siddartha)
  • How is Guidance@500 program. Those who have joined it earlier Plz provide review.
  • I am inclined towards vajiram because last year's optional debacle forcing me to play safe.Guidance programme also looks promising on paper, If anyone has attended this programme kindly give your input specially regarding evaluation quality and time taken to check papers.
  • Ish said:

I just know that Shabbir sir's test series is best.Last year whoever followed his advice got better marks.
    Neetu mam is a hard worker and if we remove last year geography mains she is always on track but she is a very limited teacher.
    Guidance IAS :I do not know much but his 650 plus can give an advantage of solving at least that much questions.
    Vision IAS is bread and butter .I guess questions will be available on one or the other platform...

I am also confused between guidance and ensemble.I am in a remote location therefore looking for an online test series

If you know sabbir is the best then why are you going for guidance as this 500+ is also offline?
  • alok1991 said:

nirbhik said:

1)guidance 500+
    2) Neetu singh
    3) vajiram
    4) vision IAS.

Are u sure sabbir and guidance teacher evaluate the answer sheets themselves. As vajiram will have around 500 students(IMO),don't you think that quality of evaluation will be compromised.
  • nirbhik said:

Ish said:

I just know that Shabbir sir's test series is best.Last year whoever followed his advice got better marks.

If you know sabbir is the best then why are you going for guidance as this 500+ is also offline?
    I am asking them to give material online.If that's not possible will join ensemble
  • Guys what about Eliteias ?? How is it for test series geography
  • nirbhik said:

I am inclined towards vajiram because last year's optional debacle forcing me to play safe.Guidance programme also looks promising on paper, If anyone has attended this programme kindly give your input specially regarding evaluation quality and time taken to check papers.

I have done the test series at guidance last year and it fetched me good marks especially in paper 1

My take and anyone can disagree with me - No doubt Shabbir sir is the best at present. His conceptual clarity and experience is unparalled. Now with respect to guidance IAS, his program is almost the same. The only difference lies in the experience of teacher. However, I can say that the teacher has very good concept clarity and teaches well. The quality of question is equally good for practice. So, if you have already done the test series at vaji, don't hesitate for guidance. Or if you have missed the Feb session of Shabbir sir then its better to join guidance now.

• Jamz said:

nirbhik said:

I am inclined towards vajiram because last year's optional debacle forcing me to play safe.Guidance programme also looks promising on paper, If anyone has attended this programme kindly give your input specially regarding evaluation quality and time taken to check papers.

I have done the test series at guidance last year and it fetched me good marks especially in paper 1

My take and anyone can disagree with me - No doubt Shabbir sir is the best at present. His conceptual clarity and experience is unparalled. Now with respect to guidance IAS, his program is almost the same. The only difference lies in the experience of teacher. However, I can say that the teacher has very good concept clarity and teaches well. The quality of question is equally good for practice. So, if you have already done the test series at vaji, don't hesitate for guidance. Or if you have missed the Feb session of Shabbir sir then its better to join guidance now.

@Jamz .. REALLY hepful bro.... i have to take admission today only ... attended demo class of himanshu sir yesterday ... still not arriving at any conclusion bcuz he discussed only about how he is going to follow his schedule except exemplifying some 2-3 questions :) means you want to say that if someone has not joined vajiram earlier then he should join shabbir sir ..... as i have not attended feb session of shabbir sir .... so shoild i go for guidance ..????
    bro please reply as soon as possible ...too many days has been passed thinking that which coaching should i go .
    i have to arrive at a decision today only :)
  • In case anyone is joining Guidance and is still interested in Shabbir Sir test series then please contact we can share our test series,so that we can get the benefit of both tests*
    (*condition : provided u should be in a position to share clear images of the notes/tests/assignments on daily/regular basis.)
  • Guys Shabbir sir starting his test series on 20th August.. so get ready
  • bhai koi to reply maar do.... otherwise i have to think in metro only ...kon si coaching mai jaana hai ..aur pehe vaajiram hi padti hai ...form bhi rakha hua hai vaji kaa bag mai..bhar aunga paise gusse mai vahi pe...haha :/ :/ bhut time waste ho gaya sochte sochte :'(
  • alok1991 said:

bhai koi to reply maar do.... otherwise i have to think in metro only ...kon si coaching mai jaana hai ..aur pehe vaajiram hi padti hai ...form bhi rakha hua hai vaji kaa bag mai..bhar aunga paise gusse mai vahi pe...haha :/ :/ bhut time waste ho gaya sochte sochte :'(

Shabbeer ka kar lo uska agar na mile then Guidance..
  • edited August 2016

alok1991 said:

bhai koi to reply maar do.... otherwise i have to think in metro only ...kon si coaching mai jaana hai ..aur pehe vaajiram hi padti hai ...form bhi rakha hua hai vaji kaa bag mai..bhar aunga paise gusse mai vahi pe...haha :/ :/ bhut time waste ho gaya sochte sochte :'(

Shabbeer ka kar lo uska agar na mile then Guidance..
    okay thanks bhai :)
  • edited August 2016
    alok1991 said:

I have repeated this statement many times and is again doing the same for you...I did my classes and test series at GuidanceIAS and I am fully satisfied with the teaching methodology of the teacher... What do you want from a test series- good quality of questions , proper test discussion , personal guidance ,question discussion etc. yhi na...all these things are available there and the reason is simple he is new in this coaching field and is working hard to establish himself...Himanshu Sir is always ready to help his students in every possible way....trust me...rest is your choice
  • doremon said:

alok1991 said:

I have repeated this statement many times and is again doing the same for you...I did my classes and test series at GuidanceIAS and I am fully satisfied with the teaching methodology of the teacher... What do you want from a test series- good quality of questions , proper test discussion , personal guidance ,question discussion etc. yhi na...all these things are available there and the reason is simple he is new in this coaching field and is working hard to establish himself...Himanshu Sir is always ready to help his students in every possible way....trust me...rest is your choice
    One more thing I would like to tell....all the tests are checked by the teacher himself and while collecting your test you can have personal interaction with him and he will tell you your mistakes and how to improve it...but for this you will have to take efforts to reach him
  • edited August 2016
    this is more like exercising situational discretion .... more you will ask ..more you will get confused ... :D btw
    @ Doremom bro thanks for giving me an insight :)
  • @doreamon
    sir,
    From where to get the 650+ program material or class note.I am out of Delhi and in a job in rural india.
    I have given mains last time but butchered in optional.If you have soft copy,please share.
  • Guyz what about majid sir classes
  • edited August 2016
    crazyfrog said:

@doreamon
    sir,
    From where to get the 650+ program material or class note.I am out of Delhi and in a job in rural india.
    I have given mains last time but butchered in optional.If you have soft copy,please share.

Sorry friend ,I joined offline ,so got hardcopy of study material
  • doremon said:

crazyfrog said:

@doreamon
    sir,

I think there are two doremons on forum :D ..just now realised your question was not for me...sory :#
  • lifeofpie said:

Guyz what about majid sir classes

High cost......but if u hv covered ur syllabus it may be good test series for revision...it take only two sectional test of each paper..each sectional test hv 5 unit in sequence of syllabus...and 4 full paper....total 8 test.....but I don't know the quality of teacher....only one thing know he himself evaluate the answer sheet....only take 40 sstudents ..........
  • alok1991 said:

Jamz said:

nirbhik said:

@Jamz .. REALLY hepful bro.... i have to take admission today only ... attended demo class of himanshu sir yesterday ... still not arriving at any conclusion bcuz he discussed only about how he is going to follow his schedule except exemplifying some 2-3 questions :) means you want to say that if someone has not joined vajiram earlier then he should join shabbir sir ..... as i have not attended feb session of shabbir sir .... so shoild i go for guidance ..????
    bro please reply as soon as possible ...too many days has been passed thinking that which coaching should i go .
    i have to arrive at a decision today only :)
    @alok1991 sorry bro. Saw your message now only. So where ever u have taken the admission- believe that it is the best :)
  • doremon said:

crazyfrog said:

@doreamon
    sir,

I don't hav it bro.. if u r seaching for vision u can easily get it on forum with model answers.. last yr someone had also shaired shabbir test series..

composite things decay strive diligently ..
  • I am from hyderabad.. how can i access shabbir sir's test series? Is it available with any xerox shop in ORN?
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog