The Only Test Series you will ever need to crack Prelims 2017
Join ForumIAS Prelims 2017 Test Series – 31 Tests to cover the full syllabus – with 10 Sectional Tests6 Subjectwise Tests and 8 Simulator Tests ™ to cover the full syllabus. This will be supplemented by 2 Full Length Current Affairs Tests and 1 Test on Economic Survey and India Year Book. On your request, we have also included discussion classes/videos for each Test.

Which pens are good to be used in mains exam?

Please share your experience in mains w.r.t handwriting, appearance and flow(tidness, smoothness & speed).
It would be very helpful if selected candidates share their experience.
·

Comments

• How about flair writometer ( black ink ball pen)?
    ·
  • Please share your experience in mains w.r.t handwriting, appearance and flow(tidness, smoothness & speed).
    It would be very helpful if selected candidates share their experience.

Trimax
    ·
  • I will use trimax for gs papers
    Use and throw ball pen in civil engg. Optional
    ·
  • butterflow or reynoldsracer
    ·
  • hope16 said:

I will use trimax for gs papers

Won't trimax smudge?
    ·
  • jambooics said:

butterflow or reynoldsracer

Butterflow is good. Reynolds racer is gel pen so is there smudging problem with it?
    ·
  • for those using fountain pens, what ink are you using?
    I am using Bril blue but want a more darker colour
    Is black better?
    ·
  • hope16 said:

I will use trimax for gs papers

Won't trimax smudge?
    Smudge bole toh ?
    ·
  • Cello Butterflow
    ·
  • tijabed said:

for those using fountain pens, what ink are you using?
    Is black better?

Bril isn't water resistant. Pilot blue would be better option for the exams.
    ·
  • I didn't know that pen matter so much. I just pick up whatever is available from after the test series and go. Its usually Butterflow or Reynolds Zetpoint.
    ·
  • uniball
    ·
  • tijabed, i'm going to use either sailor kobe #14 or #37
    My dear penguins, we stand on a great threshold! It's okay to be scared; many of you won't be coming back. Thanks to Batman, the time has come to punish *all* God's children! 1st, 2nd, 3rd *and* 4th-born! Why be biased? Male and female! Hell, the sexes are equal with their erogenous zones blown sky high! Forward march! The liberation of Gotham has begun!

·
  • Okay guys share your experience about following

1. Cello Gripper ( 0.5mm ball point pen)

2. Cello Max Writer

3. Flair Sporty.

4. Add gel achiever

5. Reynolds Trimax ( I guess its most voted pen )

6. Reynolds Jotter.
    ·
  • Last time, I ignored the importance of pen in Mains and paid some marks accordingly. Thanks for initiating the thread.
    But, hella lot of pens in the market. Just confusing.
    My suggestion: Buy every pen mentioned in here, from market and test yourself. Because, some have fat and short fingers, while some have slim and long ones. While other geniuses doesn't require a pen at all :P
    ·
  • One step,One Punch,One Round At a Time.

If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.- Gandhi
    ·
  • edited August 2016
    Moonshine said:

tijabed said:

for those using fountain pens, what ink are you using?
    Is black better?

Bril isn't water resistant. Pilot blue would be better option for the exams.
    Thanks. I will check that out.
    How long before it fades a bit? My bril fades fast.
    If you have done a blue vs black comparision for any brand, would you recommend black?
    ·
  • tijabed, i'm going to use either sailor kobe #14 or #37

I found no online retailer. I am looking at pilot blue for now. Thanks.
    ·
  • Hi which pen is recommended in ball point pen category...I generally use either writometer or pin point....ink pens like pilot I can't handle letters will be too sharp for me with them. Is gel pen also similar to ink pen or is it more like ball pen?
    ·
  • Linc Glycer is a pretty good pen for folks who write small, sharp and block letters.
    One step,One Punch,One Round At a Time.

If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.- Gandhi
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google