How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!

Medical Science Optional for Mains 2016 / 2017

All interested join in. Post daily coverage and plans. Discuss doubts and help each other out. :)
Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...

Comments

• Yes me

Started with paper I
    Pathology - read a few topics and wrote answers on past year questions on pathology from 2013-2015

Day 1
    This too shall pass and so will you
  • Reading histology today. :)
    Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
  • biochem today.. doing vitamins nd minerals..
    A lion doesn't concern himself with the opinion of the sheeps.
  • @Etat is that med sc whatsapp group still active?
  • Aniket said:

@Etat is that med sc whatsapp group still active?

Long dead :neutral:
  • should I go for textbooks or entrance preparation books would do?
  • ^^ Topic coverage is more important. Either can be used. But preference is always for standard textbooks.
  • Do we have to prepare for last 10 years questions or last 5 yr is more then enough,as pattern is changed in last 2 3 yr significantly.
  • ^^ 5 minimum; 10 is better. But cover the syllabus.
  • edited August 2016
    last year there was a telegram group for mains2015. all members were assigned topics and they prepared notes and those notes were later compiled into one pdf and distributed among the members.
    there are many of ForumIAS who were a part of that group and it also included rank 30 Dr. Indu Jakhar.
    anyways, can some divine soul from that group share the compiled notes???
    Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something....
  • What's wrong with medical science optional this year? So few coming out to talk. Prelims never had such an effect before. How many docs are confident of clearing prelims this year (I'm not)?
  • I think I'll be in. 115+ in prelims.
    Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something....
  • Make a small group of 4-5 persons on whatsapp who have started preparing for mains..
  • i have recently started for preparing i.a.s. but we all can do something like RxIAS has said...time is a limitation but we can assign topics to each other for daily basis and anybody can post their prepared topic anytime on the same day....i esp request this to newbees...lets help
  • rehana said:

i have recently started for preparing i.a.s. but we all can do something like RxIAS has said...time is a limitation but we can assign topics to each other for daily basis and anybody can post their prepared topic anytime on the same day....i esp request this to newbees...lets help

I was just talking about something that happened last year 2015. When I spoke to few who were there in that group, they all spoke about how the main coordinator, by the name of bahubali on forumias, collected all the notes and shared only a few of them with every member.
    So I don't think it'll be acceptable to many to start similar initiative this year. If Etat dada agrees to make efforts, we can have a reliable coordinator.
  • Hi m in. Though I didn attempted 16 prelims.
    Notes making and sharing is a wonderful idea as always , highly efficient saves time . I am comfortable with it too. BUT more interested in keeping physical notes than digital. Though we can Upload pictures which may b converted later to pdf.may b.
    Though starting with anatomy.
    First attempt in 2014 - couldn't clear prelims, second to be in 2018
    Optional - medical sciences
  • ^^ This year I'm out of the race and busy with pg. Best is to just use this thread or a closed Facebook group. Your call. I'm out for sure with 94.
  • M new to dis forum n interested. Wrote mains wid medicine last year. Expecting borderline score dis year 115 around but hav started preparing medical. So any initiative to keep d momentum n find shortcuts fr such a vast subject m in!
  • neha11 said:

M new to dis forum n interested. Wrote mains wid medicine last year. Expecting borderline score dis year 115 around but hav started preparing medical. So any initiative to keep d momentum n find shortcuts fr such a vast subject m in!

115 border pe Hai? No ways.. Keep studying with full planning.
    What is your take on med Sci 2015 Mains - any lessons learnt? Please share so that we can sharpen our preparation on that..
  • Creating WhatsApp group for med sc.. at max 4-5 people.. for this year.. inbox me ur number if interested
  • too few people this time.
  • RxIAS said:

last year there was a telegram group for mains2015. all members were assigned topics and they prepared notes and those notes were later compiled into one pdf and distributed among the members.
    there are many of ForumIAS who were a part of that group and it also included rank 30 Dr. Indu Jakhar.
    anyways, can some divine soul from that group share the compiled notes???

i think @Baahubali was coordinator of that thread request him.
  • edited August 2016
    Etat said:

^^ This year I'm out of the race and busy with pg. Best is to just use this thread or a closed Facebook group. Your call. I'm out for sure with 94.

Dont be so sure. 2-3 contentious questions in your favour & you are back in the game!
    ATB.
  • Bhailog WhatsApp group banalo...my number 9844791189...changed my optional from geography(continuous 4 mains -failures)to medical sciences....pls guide me how to go about clinical cases of paper 2
  • Hi are u guys planning on the what's app group,it's extremely difficult to stay in the mode studying alone...
  • Lemme know when you creta the group. I'll pm my number too
  • Ny1 for Flávio test series
  • Alok04911 said:

Ny1 for Flávio test series

Medical science test series???
  • Friends, is der any offline test series for med sc in Delhi ??
  • I'll join if I clear prelims (by the most amazing stroke of pure luck).
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog