[ForumIAS COMPREHENSIVE PROGRAM 2018:] BEGINS ON 25th SEPTEMBER
Dear Friends, The wait is finally over. The ForumIAS 2018 Comprehensive Guidance Program 2018 is now out and admissions Open. 5% Early Bird Offer for Non-MGP Students and 10% Early Bird Offer for MGP Students.

Chokkalingham Feedback : Does he provide class notes to students in classroom or online mode?

edited August 2016 in Current Affairs
does chokkalingam sir provides class notes along with lecture or student are made to write in his class..if any of his past student can tell...would be of help...kindly tell

[Mod Note: Please ask proper questions. Questions less than 3 words may be deleted]
Down-yes Out-No

कोशिश करने वालों की कभी हार नहीं होती।
·

Comments

• Neyawn said:

div27 said:

does chokkalingam sir provides class notes along with lecture or student are made to write in his class..if any of his past student can tell...would be of help...kindly tell

[Mod Note: Please ask proper questions. Questions less than 3 words may be deleted]

I will answer this question since I have attended his classes.

He does not provide ( or at least did not use to provide ) notes in the class. You are supposed to note down things and make your own notes. Typical Vajiram style.

However, if you follow his lectures, which are a bit lengthy and end up making notes - you will gain - both the speed required for the Mains examination as well as having handwritten all of current affairs in your own handwriting.

His plus is that he will cover everything - wont leave anything. IR, Eco and Current related everything is his strong point - from 3-4 newspapers.

Negative side is that his classes will be at least 2 and half hours.. sometimes three hours.. and if what he is teaching is interesting, you will enjoy it . If its not your interest area , you wont.

If you have read the newspaper well and have some knowledge, it will be very helpful for consolidation.

You will usually find people going to his classes for rank improvement and marks improvement. I had joined him because a friend who had the fifth highest in Mains recommended me .

@Aks on the Forum took his classes on my recommendation last year as he was in ORN. He did score a bit better in Mains. You can ping him as well as @greymatterrules ( Rank 86 ) and @ bikerguy ( Rank 35 or so and ForumIAS Co-Founder ;-) ) who had taken classes before Mains.

Again, to benefit from any classes, you will need to have the patience to sit through the class. So if you are the less patient types and cant sit for long hours, dont join him.
    Thanks bhai..that sums up everything.
    Down-yes Out-No

·
  • Neyawn said:

div27 said:

I will answer this question since I have attended his classes.

He does not provide ( or at least did not use to provide ) notes in the class. You are supposed to note down things and make your own notes. Typical Vajiram style.

However, if you follow his lectures, which are a bit lengthy and end up making notes - you will gain - both the speed required for the Mains examination as well as having handwritten all of current affairs in your own handwriting.

His plus is that he will cover everything - wont leave anything. IR, Eco and Current related everything is his strong point - from 3-4 newspapers.

Negative side is that his classes will be at least 2 and half hours.. sometimes three hours.. and if what he is teaching is interesting, you will enjoy it . If its not your interest area , you wont.

If you have read the newspaper well and have some knowledge, it will be very helpful for consolidation.

You will usually find people going to his classes for rank improvement and marks improvement. I had joined him because a friend who had the fifth highest in Mains recommended me .

@Aks on the Forum took his classes on my recommendation last year as he was in ORN. He did score a bit better in Mains. You can ping him as well as @greymatterrules ( Rank 86 ) and @ bikerguy ( Rank 35 or so and ForumIAS Co-Founder ;-) ) who had taken classes before Mains.

Again, to benefit from any classes, you will need to have the patience to sit through the class. So if you are the less patient types and cant sit for long hours, dont join him.
    @Neyawn Can you please give a review of his ethics classes also?
    ·
  • I joined Chokkalingam sir's classes for prelims this year and it helped a lot. He touches upon almost all important topics from an exam point of view. Taking down class notes is a plus as it reinforces learning and helps in consolidation and revision later. He's a very good teacher.
    Wrote CS (Main) Exam, 2016
    Score – 760

Sweet is never as sweet without the sour.
    ·
  • And it was because of Forum IAS that I came to know about him so thanks a ton, Forum IAS! :)
    Score – 760

·
  • edited August 2016
    Chokkalingam Sir k Essay ka btao bhai join karne layak h ki nahi?
    ·
  • Chokkalingam Sir k Essay ka btao bhai join karne layak h ki nahi?

Nope
    correct me ,if i am wrong ! i would be happy to accept my mistakes !
    ·
  • @Thorin did you take his online classes? or traditional one? If online, can you please tell me whether it is possible to share the course?
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
    ·
  • How can we share it?28k too high
    Only fools rush in !!!!!
    ·
    Down-yes Out-No

·
  • I mean if one can view videos multiple times, then it might be possible.
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
    ·
  • @Neyawn Can his lectures be viewed multiple times? Do clarify..!
    Prelims : 2/2. Mains : 0/2. 24 years. "Thats how you devour a whale ; One bite at a time"
    ·
  • When is the ideal time to join chokalingam sir? Please suggest for those who are appearing for 2017.
    ·
  • Sir how to apply for his mains current affairs classes online on flavido..?And could you please provide the details regarding the same.
    Only fools rush in !!!!!
    ·
  • @Sarthak123 @Kek @Chomuphilosopher can we guys make a group if video can be viewed multiple times ?28K is way too high!!!@Thorin did u take online classes?if yes can video be watched multiple times
    ·
  • @Thorin did you take his online classes? or traditional one? If online, can you please tell me whether it is possible to share the course?

I took online classes. Sharing of course isn't allowed.
    Score – 760

·
  • @AamAadmi Video can be watched multiple times (ceiling of 10).
    Score – 760

·
  • Chokkalingam ka batch for mains 2016 shuru kab ho rha h.. and when will he start the 'last' batch.. i cannot shift to delhi before october 7
    ·
  • @Thorin We have to make any account or what?
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
    ·
  • I joined his online classes on flavido. Though i was a bit irregular with the classes but in my honest opinion, he cover ca really well. It is upto you how much you can imbibe. Be regular with the classes and ca will not be a cause of worry.
    Notes, you need to make on your own like any other class.
    You can bank on his classes for mains.
    ·
  • Yes, you need to have an account on Flavido.com (or login through your google/fb accounts) to access content.
    Score – 760

·
  • andy133 said:

I joined his online classes on flavido. Though i was a bit irregular with the classes but in my honest opinion, he cover ca really well. It is upto you how much you can imbibe. Be regular with the classes and ca will not be a cause of worry.

andy133 said:

I joined his online classes on flavido. Though i was a bit irregular with the classes but in my honest opinion, he cover ca really well. It is upto you how much you can imbibe. Be regular with the classes and ca will not be a cause of worry.

andy brother.. i just saw flavido.. they are asking 1Mb/s connection speed.. that amounts to 3.6 Gb per hour.. it will become too expensive.. moreover my MTS stick gives at max 300kb/s.. will it be a problem.. ??

and when does his last start batch start if u have any clue..
    ·
  • Can we download the online class video?
    ·
  • which one to opt for Chokkalingam Current affairs or vision advance 2016 course?
    Only fools rush in !!!!!
    ·
  • hemu said:

andy133 said:

andy133 said:

andy brother.. i just saw flavido.. they are asking 1Mb/s connection speed.. that amounts to 3.6 Gb per hour.. it will become too expensive.. moreover my MTS stick gives at max 300kb/s.. will it be a problem.. ??

@andy133 similar query..Please throw some light
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
    ·
  • hemu said:

andy133 said:

andy133 said:

@andy133 similar query..Please throw some light
    +1
    Down-yes Out-No

·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
No upcoming events

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog