NEW REVISION CLASSES PRE'17 History+ Environment+Govt Schemes

Thank you for your tremendous response, to the revision classes for Prelims 2017being conducted in New Delhi. Based on your requests and suggestions, we have come up with new classes as per below schedule
(1)Art & Culture Revision ( REPEAT ) - May 27th & 28th, (2) Modern History ( REPEAT ) - May 30th (3) Govt Schemes + Allied Issues - May 31st (4) Environment & Ecology - Friday, June 2

Seats fill up in a few hours, and we don't plan any more repeat classes, so register early. Click Here to get more details and register early to avoid inconvenience. All revision classes will be held from 5PM to 8PM.

What is the final answer for chief Secretary question?

Is CS really appointed by governor? When I checked wiki on Sunday, it was cm. Yesterday they changed it to governor. Looks like vajiram and shriram are right. Any service guys or kids of bureaucrats here?
·

Comments

• This one would be decided by UPSC.It can swing either way
    ·
  • 100% sure appointed by governor..
    ·
  • edited August 2016
    Neither 1 nor 2,
    .....Never read this thing in Governor's power related to appointments. CM invites the brilliant mind to join the head post of state administrative machinery. CS hasnt a fixed tenure. recent news Kejriwal's CS , not LG's CS
    ·
  • anyone can edit wikipedia !

maine edit karke Attorney general likha hai :D
    Mood bohot kharab hai kya kare
    Prelims -2 Mains-2 Interview - 0
    ·
  • Not sure how many are pub ad students here. In pub ad paper 2, there is a separate topic for paper 2. People used to do it from Fadia or Ramesh Arora. I checked from both the books. Nowhere it's mentioned that governor appoints chief secretary.
    ·
  • CS is not appointed by Governor , only in the name of Governor it is appointed by CM. Infact all executive functions of state is undertaken in the name of Governor.
    Appointment by Governor means where Governor personally sign the appointment letter such as State Public Service Commission chairman and members, Lokayukta, Information Commissioners, State Election Commissioners etc.
    ·
  • Neither 1 nor 2,
    .....Never read this thing in Governor's power related to appointments. CM invites the brilliant mind to join the head post of state administrative machinery. CS hasnt a fixed tenure. recent news Kejriwal's CS , not LG's CS

http://www.huffingtonpost.in/2015/05/15/delhi-chief-secretary-app_n_7293070.html delhi me LG appoint kar sakta hai chief secretory ko
    Romeo naam mera..

Chori hai kaam tera..
    ·
  • It should be governor because although cm chooses the chief secretary but uske appointment letter par sign,to governor hi karega.
    ·
  • Is CS really appointed by governor? When I checked wiki on Sunday, it was cm. Yesterday they changed it to governor. Looks like vajiram and shriram are right. Any service guys or kids of bureaucrats here?

mY UNCLE BECAME CS OF A STATE AND HE WAS APPOINTED BY CM ..HE REMAINED THERE FOR 15 MONTHS...
    ·
  • ted_cruz said:

Neither 1 nor 2,

http://www.huffingtonpost.in/2015/05/15/delhi-chief-secretary-app_n_7293070.html delhi me LG appoint kar sakta hai chief secretory ko
    Dehli is not a state...and it does not have a governor.so different case
    ·
  • jal said:

ted_cruz said:

Neither 1 nor 2,

Dehli is not a state...and it does not have a governor.so different case
    haan pata hai bhai..main ye prove nahi kar raha ki governor appoint kar raha..sirf delhi ki situation bata raha with regard to above comment
    Romeo naam mera..

Chori hai kaam tera..
    ·
  • Jai shri ram...
    cutoff kabali hu mai...
    ·
  • edited August 2016
    From two different public admin books on appointment of Chief Secy

So the final answer is (d) Neither 1 nor 2
    chief secy.PNG
    782 x 325 - 98K
    chief secy 1.PNG
    651 x 207 - 78K
    chief secy 2.PNG
    569 x 285 - 102K
    Indian Revenue Service
    अबकी बारी, ज़िला अधिकारी ||
    ·
  • I feel "chosen" and "appointed" are two different words. For eg. CAG is chosen by the CoM headed by PM but appointed by the Prez. It's a very dicey one with UPSC being the sole arbiter.
    The failed perfectionist.
    ·
  • Neither 1 nor 2,

appointing auth is gov. cm decides gov appoints.

infact recently delhi hc said all appointments/transfers made by kejru w/o advice/concurrence of lg are illegal.

in every state dop order you would find "rajyapal ki aagya se/ on order of gov"

Like any human, i'm also looking for love and validation.
    Pre: 2; Mains: 1
    ·
  • Lekin ho skta h upsc chief min mane, last time they interpreted supreme court as guarnter n protector of consti and not pres.

so kuch b ho skta hai
    Like any human, i'm also looking for love and validation.
    Pre: 2; Mains: 1
    ·
  • I am not arguing for or against governor. But taking Delhi example is not appropriate as Delhi is not a full state and derives powers from NCT Act and Article 239AA. Also Delhi has a Lt. Governor and not Governor.
    ·
  • There was a case named salil sabhlok vs state of punjab and others in 2013,
    The verdict mentioned (page 31)
    the words " chief minister or state governments to appoint a suitable person as chief secretary and dgp".
    U can check!
    ·
  • this same question was in IES 2006 paper
    their it was "D" marked correct by upsc
    u can check from examrobot site
    chocolate is my life
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google