43 out of 86 MGP 2016 Students Appeared for their first Interview in CSE 2016. ForumIAS MGP 2017 ADMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN

ForumIAS MGP 2017 New Batch Admissions Plan Details and Admission Links are now ACTIVE, along with our performance of MGP 2016 in terms of conversion into interview calls for Mains Appearing Candidates.Click here to join NOW!

Sociological Thinkers - Doubt

Posted by @hiteshd

Dont know whether this is a right forum to put my query, but actually I didnt find any talking specifically about socio.

Wanted to know, from where to study Conformity and Deviance of Robert K Merton(not able to find this in IGNOU and Ritzer) and Sociological Thinker Mead(Not able to find it in IGNOU, though couple of pages are dedicated to Mead in Ritzer but dont know if it actually talks about self and identity, though I am yet to read Mead from Ritzer).

Please suggest or let me know if I am missing anything
One is not born, but rather becomes, a woman.
·

Comments

• edited July 2013
    @hiteshd
    Discussions related to Sociology: http://forumias.com/categories/sociology
    ·
  • @hiteshd
    Get Sociology Themes & Perspectives by Haralambos & Heald or Haralambos & Holborn for Merton and Mead. I do not have Ritzer, hence cannot comment.
    ·
  • edited July 2013
    I hv Haralambos & Heald , will check that. I thought, thinkers is not given in it. I downloaded Ritzer from ForumIAS only

Thanks
    ·
  • I hv Haralambos & Heald , will check that. I thought, thinkers is not given in it. I downloaded Ritzer from ForumIAS only

Thanks
    Please share the link to download Ritzer.
    Dedication is inversely proportional to Time
    ·
  • edited December 2013
    @Aladdin Ritzer
    pdf
    pdf
    148286759-George-Ritzer-Sociological-Theory-8th-Edition-McGraw-Hill-2010.pdf
    4M
    CSM-2014
    CSM-2015
    ·
  • @KD123
    Do you have anthony giddens book pdf ?
    Words are secondary. thought live ; they travel far.
    ·
  • @KD123
    Yes. Will upload by evening.
    CSM-2014
    CSM-2015
    ·
  • Posted by @hiteshd

Dont know whether this is a right forum to put my query, but actually I didnt find any talking specifically about socio.

Wanted to know, from where to study Conformity and Deviance of Robert K Merton(not able to find this in IGNOU and Ritzer) and Sociological Thinker Mead(Not able to find it in IGNOU, though couple of pages are dedicated to Mead in Ritzer but dont know if it actually talks about self and identity, though I am yet to read Mead from Ritzer).

Please suggest or let me know if I am missing anything
    Merton is very well covered by ritzer. Also Mead is best covered in mead. How can't you find them? Place search the PDF Merton is in neofunctionalism. Mead is in interactionism along with goffman. Do selective reading
    ·
  • Sorry mead is best covered in ritzer
    ·
  • Mead also in coser
    ·
  • Can someone please tell me where to study sociology from.. I have ignou and ncert only.. Bought mahapatra sirs notes but can't read due to bad handwriting... Please suggest. M new to the subject...thanks
    ·
  • Kindly upload whatever resources available... Thanks a lot..
    ·
  • friends pls tell do we need to do anything other than haralambs ,ritzer and giddens?are u guys doing something else?pls help.URGENT
    I AINT GOT TIME TO BLEED !

·
  • @KD123

Yes. Will upload by evening.
    Hey, Can you please upload ?
    I understand, you are writing mains this year. Please do after exams. All the best. :D
    ·
  • edited December 2014
    Thank You. That is great help. I have downloaded all of them, Giddens one is getting failed since it is huge 120MB. At least there is no option "Add to My Drive", that link is direct.
    ·
  • In the above link, IGNOU material is there, but is it BA or MA ?
    If it is of BA, please share MA if you have, and vice versa
    ·
  • Sorry I don't have MA ones.. These are of BA... In case I get it.. I shall upload them here..
    ·
  • @KD123, pls upload anthony giddens book (pdf)
    ·
  • Doubt in social facts - plz clarify
    If pathological as against normal social facts are those that are not as widespread. Then how can it be social fact?
    Social facts are those that are held by the average members of the society? Then how come pathological be social facts?
    Also often cited example of high rates of suicide or crime - Who is to say high rates What is the reference?
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google