Registration : Open Test by ForumIAS – May 24 | Online + Offline FEW DAYS BEFORE THE PRELIMS by CSE Rank 373 : SURYAWANSHI MAYUR
Online/Offline Batch Enrollment For Focussed Foundation Program 2019 (limited seats available)
Click Here :- Details | Register | Download Brochure
Unacademy Plus - Live Classes by India’s Best Educators
Seats going fast for all UPSC CSE Prelim's 18 courses. Click on the below link for details -

(1) Last Lap Current Affairs for Prelims 2018           (2) Science and Technology for Mains 2018 & Prelims 2019
(3) Comprehensive module for Ancient, Medieval, Modern History - Pre+Mains    (4) Concepts + latest developments in Environment/Ecology (Pre & Mains)
(5) Class 6-12 NCERT Summary for all the Subjects -Mains 18 & Prelims 19     (6) Important Topics for Mains GS Paper 2 and 3
Learn from India’s Best Educators. Limited Seats! Register now

IS IT WORTH TO JOIN SDM AFTER 8YRS IN PSU.

Give some insight

Comments

• PSU only if you can get into board of directors or cmd which is a tough case and least probable thing that can happen.....otherwise sdm is always better....
    wind power α v^3. That's how speed matters to generate power required to drive upsc exam.
  • Any idea how much time / effort it would take to get to that position @Wind_Energy
    To be, or not to be, that is the question...
  • Any idea how much time / effort it would take to get to that position @Wind_Energy

that depends on the PSU...first thing one should be promoted in time in every promotion to reach the top, second thing one should develop connections with upper ones...third is develop some credentials apart from being the usual bootlicker...may be 25 years of service or more.....
    its late though...but there are some post retirement benefits too...
    wind power α v^3. That's how speed matters to generate power required to drive upsc exam.

that depends on the PSU...first thing one should be promoted in time in every promotion to reach the top, second thing one should develop connections with upper ones...third is develop some credentials apart from being the usual bootlicker...may be 25 years of service or more.....
    its late though...but there are some post retirement benefits too...
    Thanks @Wind_Energy
    To be, or not to be, that is the question...
  • What r the progression for SDM , I mean after joining how much time it will take to SDM profile.

PSU only if you can get into board of directors or cmd which is a tough case and least probable thing that can happen.....otherwise sdm is always better....

What r the progression for SDM , I mean after joining how much time it will take to SDM profile.
    Thanx
  • In UP now it takes around 20 years to be promoted to IAS but it is said that sdm of UP is better than dm of most other states...
  • babaFarid said:

In UP now it takes around 20 years to be promoted to IAS but it is said that sdm of UP is better than dm of most other states...

this is truly real bro..exactly
    SDM :UP-2015
  • vasu said:

babaFarid said:

In UP now it takes around 20 years to be promoted to IAS but it is said that sdm of UP is better than dm of most other states...

Dear bro, can u pl guide abt SDM UP job nature and when they actually got post SDM after training.
    I think u got selected with high rank, u wii hav clrear insight
  • rak8rc said:

vasu said:

babaFarid said:

Dear bro, can u pl guide abt SDM UP job nature and when they actually got post SDM after training.
    I think u got selected with high rank, u wii hav clrear insight
    bhai they first get posting as attachment in district headquarters as SDM for few months. Then after 2-3 months, they go for foundation course at UPAAM Lucknow. They lead the tehsils (sub division-as it is called in UP) as SDM. Its a highly prestigious service which is placed at a higher preference by the candidates (I wrote this line as it seems you want to know how the service is). The promotion hierarchy is SDM--ADM--CDO--DM--Commissioner.
  • @vasu sir, is there any possibility of a 1000 marks exam,(for promotion to IAS/DM ,as was proposed a few yrs ago ) to be conducted in the near future,particulary with the change of power in U.P.

Also ,what is the usual time to get promoted to Cdo ,under the existing rules ?

What percentage of a particular batch of up-sdm ,actually retire as dm?
  • moor said:

@vasu sir, is there any possibility of a 1000 marks exam,(for promotion to IAS/DM ,as was proposed a few yrs ago ) to be conducted in the near future,particulary with the change of power in U.P.

Also ,what is the usual time to get promoted to Cdo ,under the existing rules ?

What percentage of a particular batch of up-sdm ,actually retire as dm?

If you enter in service by 28/29 of age..you may retire as Commissioner. The possibility of any such exam as you mentioned is very feeble unless it is implemented by some Central executive order for entire country as state wont do that on its own. Generally, it takes 20 odd years to become an IAS in UP at present though there are chances of better and faster promotions in future.
  • Thanks for the reply sir. HOPE you don't need to go throuh this long process and get it directly .gud luck.
  • @vasu @faridbaba can u please tell how DM /DC od other states worse than SDM of UP. i think DM is higher and more powerful post in any state.
  • @vasu @faridbaba can u please tell how DM /DC od other states worse than SDM of UP. i think DM is higher and more powerful post in any state.

In Sikkim there are 4 DM's for 4 districts and the population is 5 lakhs...and whole district of allahabad(not city but whole district) has population of 30 lakhs and only 5 SDM's so numerically you are in charge of more people.....
    Another thing is that you are in your own state and you ll be close to your family...so though PCS is a state service but the exposure,authority etc. will be much more..
  • moor said:

Thanks for the reply sir. HOPE you don't need to go throuh this long process and get it directly .gud luck.

thanks a lot bhai!
  • @vasu comparing that way will mean DM of lucknow is more powerful than CM of sikkim or goa or any union territory.

second , dont just comapre with sikkim there are other nearly equally populous to UP like maharashtra bihar westbengal etc.
  • edited July 2016

@ vasu comparing that way will mean DM of lucknow is more powerful than CM of sikkim or goa or any union territory.

second , dont just comapre with sikkim there are other nearly equally populous to UP like maharashtra bihar westbengal etc.

Bhai tag to sahi admi ko karo.
    Bhai ye UP HAI, yahan ki raajniti agar desh ko sabse zyada pradhan mantri de sakti hai,
    To yahan ka Sdm bhee lambi race ka ghoda sabit ho sakta hai.

eg:baba hardev singh,fought against Mr. soft

In elections.har gaya,baat alag hai,par kitne Dm Bhee ticket patey hain apne jeevan mein
    Aur baba ka service record ruaab wala tha

Ps:and i m not an aaptard

@phoenixdesires
  • Overall the moral is,
    If you are up domicile,dont take pcs lightly..

Just like , the era when motilal (now mnnit)was not taken lightly by the aspirants.
  • edited July 2016
    Good candidates like captain :trollface:

Ps:bura mat maniyega captain . B)
  • @vasu comparing that way will mean DM of lucknow is more powerful than CM of sikkim or goa or any union territory.

bhai I didnt say anything of that sorts..pls check the tag! IAS is always superior to PCS..I guess he just wanted to emphasize upon the post of SDM in your HOME STATE. Anyways I will keep IAS/IPS above SDM of home state and all other services below it.Hope you got my point.
  • too much litigation in uppcs recruitment repels good candidates :/
    Mr soft should do something about it :)

You are right bhai..though they tried to fasten the process but then litigants are also there..but still I have seen Ghatnachakra books being sold in large nos. in ORN markets now..so yes many ppl now appear for it in the changed pattern of answer writing..
  • edited July 2016

too much litigation in uppcs recruitment repels good candidates :/

Bhai
    aur what about those 7 answers in their latest official key thanks to that many like me who would have otherwise cleared are sitting on the sidelines wondering why are we the ones who got screwed because a few candidates who otherwise were failing in Pre convinced the board that their incorrect response should be the answer :weary:

in the hindsight all experience is good experience :smiley:
    The Law of Detachment - be equanimous to both victories and defeats
  • edited July 2016
    vasu said:

@vasu comparing that way will mean DM of lucknow is more powerful than CM of sikkim or goa or any union territory.

bhai I didnt say anything of that sorts..pls check the tag! IAS is always superior to PCS..I guess he just wanted to emphasize upon the post of SDM in your HOME STATE. Anyways I will keep IAS/IPS above SDM of home state and all other services below it.Hope you got my point.
    @vasu @phoenixdesires what I wanted to show with that comparison is that as an SDM in up,the scope of public service and exposure is much more...I agree that the scope of IAS increases as you reach the joint secretary level.
    I would only say that PCS in UP is better than most Group A services.In senior posts a PCS officer usually heads the various development authorities,nagar nigams etc.
    Give your best for the PCS exam and qualify.This will remove the insecurity and pressure which we go through while giving the CSE.all the best

• vasu said:

too much litigation in uppcs recruitment repels good candidates :/

You are right bhai..though they tried to fasten the process but then litigants are also there..but still I have seen Ghatnachakra books being sold in large nos. in ORN markets now..so yes many ppl now appear for it in the changed pattern of answer writing..
    Is Up PSC exam pattern is gong to change pl elaborate.
  • edited July 2016
  • change this habit of editing your opinions on sensitive issues.
    It doesn't befit a would be DM

Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog