DAF for CS-Mains 2013 Guidance/Queries/Discussion

Comments

• Same Problem of Age relaxation coming as yes in DAF while not claimed in Prelims too..
    Looks like some problem with the software
    ·
  • We need to get all photocopies attested ?

dude your signature says u wrote mains in 2012 and I am pretty confused y are u getting this 1st timer doubt ?!?! :>
    anyway, self attestation is enough no need to do it from a gazetted officer..

and guys one more thing no matter any mistake u do while sending your DAF (for Example you forget to send your age proof certificate), upsc is so benevolent that they will
    not reject, i repeat NOT REJECT your application under any circumstances. They consider all those who has cleared prelims to be good enough to make it to final list so they make sure that u compete in mains no matter what.

I got my certificates attested last time. I need to send my IFoS DAF form by this week. I'm sure, this is not a 1st timer doubt since many of my friends who gave mains more than two times are getting attestation (That confused me).
    okay.. last time I did not attest my certificates from any gazetted officer but in the hope that I will be one myself shortly, I self attested it and even this time I am doing the same! :D
    |If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine|| ||Upsc wars veteran|
    ·
  • HI , PLEASE HELP ME , I HAVE FILLED MY FORM AND IN THE PRINT OUT COPY THE INFORMATION OF MY PREVIOUS ATTEMPTS IS NOT THERE REST EVERY THING IS FINE ....I REMEMBER FILLING FORM CORRECTLY AND EVEN IN PREVIEW IT CAME BUT NOT IN PRINT FORM ......IS ANY BODY ELSE FACING SAME THING?
    ·
  • Same Problem of Age relaxation coming as yes in DAF while not claimed in Prelims too..
    Looks like some problem with the software
    where is this AGE RELAXATION field ?? my form doesn't have one ?! :-??
    |If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine|| ||Upsc wars veteran|
    ·
  • Age relaxation does not show in the module page.But shows up in the DAF preview.
    Like our name,DOB etc it is being taken from Prelims application.But it is showing incorrect in my case.
    ·
  • Age relaxation does not show in the module page.But shows up in the DAF preview.
    Like our name,DOB etc it is being taken from Prelims application.But it is showing incorrect in my case.
    You might have checked that box during final submission. (4 boxes. Last one is age relaxation).
    2013 - Indian Forest Service

2016 - In the battle!
    ·
  • @prateeknsit
    @mango_dolly
    guys, i have a question..... i have a caste certificate from SDM from my home state and even home district....

can i self attest it ?
    if not than where and by whom should i self attest ?
    A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.
    ·
  • @prateeknsit
    @mango_dolly
    guys, i have a question..... i have a caste certificate from SDM from my home state and even home district....

can i self attest it ?
    if not than where and by whom should i self attest ?
    To be attested by gazetted officer. It there is mentioned that self-attestation is also needed, sign it yrself too.
    But m sure about gazetted officer.
    ·
  • @prateeknsit thanks bro...so i have to find a gazetted officer in delhi.......uf....and what about age certificate ? school leaving certificate will fine ? sorry to bother but this is my 1st time ...o_O
    A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.
    ·
  • edited August 2013
    Hey,
    Let's get clarity can any senior help traversing the below:

1) Which of the certificates are to be definitely signed by gazetted officer?

2) Which certificates only need self-attestation and is sufficient

3) I post my hard copy letter to UPSC office - Do they confirm on receiving my letter before 18th Sept (coz the DAF notification says the confirmation might come 2 weeks before exam)

4) (This is for a friend who has partial vision and applying to PH category) If his certificate is issued by Govt authority but the format doesn't match the one suggested - like no such certificates have - which duties one can fulfill etc - what should that person do?

Thanks,
    Dulali

CSE-2013 | Cracked :)
    It's the personality, we bring to the exam preparation, which differentiates us
    ·
  • U have to submit tomo ? lol...
    Even I dont know all the intricacies of the form and docs requirements. I dont want to misguide u. Thats why cant say about school certificate.
    What I know that we have to get every doc attested by gazetted offr or self-attested.
    Pick any doctor in Delhi and get attested. Doctor will see yr originals too.
    ·
  • - Finally, one need not waste time filling that irritating table on the first page when there are just 5 crucial minutes left to wrap up the final answer!!!
    +1 :)
    And no loose sheets (for other people) to tie! It gets so irritating when you are trying to finish the paper, both thinking and writing at the speed of light, and right then an invigilator would shout- tie your sheets now, fill that table now, we won't give you extra time for that - and ends up breaking your concentration. And you haven't even taken any extra sheets!
    ·
  • U have to submit tomo ? lol...
    Even I dont know all the intricacies of the form and docs requirements. I dont want to misguide u. Thats why cant say about school certificate.
    What I know that we have to get every doc attested by gazetted offr or self-attested.
    Pick any doctor in Delhi and get attested. Doctor will see yr originals too.
    lol....thanks yaar.....i was just.....'' dont waste time on this and get back to read '' kindaa attitude.....anyhw thanks a lot........
    ·
  • @sathishram, @DrSheldon
    For me also it was showing, though i dint fill it in prelims.
    ·
  • Ohh why you guys worrying about attestations .

(*) You can self-attest [as per DAF] your qualification certificates.
    (*) You need to attest your OBC[NCL] copy from any gazetted officer , dont self-attest it .

Sorry for late , was bit busy yesterday
    2016--> 7th attempt
    ·
  • edited August 2013
    @ALL
    None of my SSC or HSC certificates/marksheets have birth date on them. Can I attach my Indian Passport's photocopies as birth date proof? Thanks
    No dont get passport, DAF had mentioned alternatives for candidates who dont have their age mentioned in their certificates . Could you able to go your school , where you last studied ? Consult its higher authorities[Head Master or Principal] , mention the cause for age-proof , they will provide you certification based on their register[when you joined].

2016--> 7th attempt
    ·
  • @mango_dolly
    I think it means the certificate is to be issued "FROM" the mentioned officials.. Self attestation should do. However I think if someone who has experience in filling out the DAF can help.

@vibin? :-)
    Get attest from any gazetted persons .. Dont worry much .
    2016--> 7th attempt
    ·
  • @ALL
    None of my SSC or HSC certificates/marksheets have birth date on them. Can I attach my Indian Passport's photocopies as birth date proof? Thanks

No dont get passport, DAF had mentioned alternatives for candidates who dont have their age mentioned in their certificates . Could you able to go your school , where you last studied ? Consult its higher authorities[Head Master or Principal] , mention the cause for age-proof , they will provide you certification based on their register[when you joined].

hey thanks mate just found that my SSC certificate has my birth date....
    ·
  • Is it online application or we need to submit hard copy?
    ·
  • Can any one tell me..do PSU employee need to take NOC from employer.....Point 14 in instructions of DAF CS mains

Yes!

but they have not metioned about NOC..they are just tald that candidate have to give declaration that he informed is employer in writting...and getting NOC from PSU is not an easy job..

r u belong to any PSU?
    Yes u need to inform your employer in writing and keep a copy as proof.
    I am in a govt job.
    ·
This discussion has been closed.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google