Unacademy Plus - Live Classes by India’s Best Educators
Seats going fast for all UPSC CSE courses. Click below for details -
(1) Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude (2) Ancient, Medieval History, Art and Culture (3) Modern Indian History
(4) Current Affairs April 2017 to May 2018 (5) International Relations and Internal Security (6) Geography
Learn from India’s Best Educators. Limited Seats! Register now.

ForumIAS New Batch Announcement 

MGP Batch C: (Starts 25th January, Ends 17th September)       PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 
MGP + Batch C: (Starts 25th January, Ends 17th September)    PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 
MGP Batch C (Rapid): (Starts 25th Jan, Ends 19th Apr)              PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 

Review needed - Dr Piyush Chaubey for PSIR optional .

I am very much aware of Shubhra ranjan's reputation but because I lost the opportunity to join her july batch and I can't wait till november to join again as I am planning to finish the PSIR optional almost before January 2017 , I am interested in taking classes from Dr. Piyush Chaubey , but due to very less popularity on the forum I didn't find a convincing review .

So ,Could anyone who has taken his classes review the same with focus on his strength and weaknesses .
Detailed review would be much helpful .

Comments

• i cant help you with the review of PSIR optional but he teaches IR at GS Score, and he is one of the best faculty of IR in the whole of ORN...this much i can guarantee...
  • i cant help you with the review of PSIR optional but he teaches IR at GS Score, and he is one of the best faculty of IR in the whole of ORN...this much i can guarantee...

right said boss.

yes he is the best teacher over there :p >:)

renolds said:

i cant help you with the review of PSIR optional but he teaches IR at GS Score, and he is one of the best faculty of IR in the whole of ORN...this much i can guarantee...

right said boss.

i cant help you with the review of PSIR optional but he teaches IR at GS Score, and he is one of the best faculty of IR in the whole of ORN...this much i can guarantee...

yes he is the best teacher over there :p >:)
    Thanks mate
  • He used to teach polity,IR at chronicle in 2013.he was just awesome.down to earth guy.he explained every thing very clearly including basics.infact i used to attend classes of chronicle becoz of him only.i think u should go for him.
  • He used to teach polity,IR at chronicle in 2013.he was just awesome.down to earth guy.he explained every thing very clearly including basics.infact i used to attend classes of chronicle becoz of him only.i think u should go for him.

I love your name . The real kings in Life were these two .

Thanks for your honest comment .
    I'll take his demo classes and decide .
  • He can't even draw maps. Would keep on saying over there over here. He didnt know anything when he taught ir at chronicle in winters of 2014 .
    BAN ALL INSIDERS
  • anyone who had taken his Political Science and international relation classes ?
  • I am taking his classes and regretting it so much he can not explain a single concept . My class is about to end but I still can't figure out what i learnt in pol science.. Further he has some language problem like he makes so many pronunciation and grammatic mistake while speaking english that entire meaning changes and you will feel like running away.. U will get more confused with the concept. His notes are of no use so random and haphazardly dictated.. He keeps yawning in class makes it so dull . I had no other option as i could not take face to face classes but believe me u will waste your 40k and precious time completely ....
  • Arunima said:

I am taking his classes and regretting it so much he can not explain a single concept . My class is about to end but I still can't figure out what i learnt in pol science.. Further he has some language problem like he makes so many pronunciation and grammatic mistake while speaking english that entire meaning changes and you will feel like running away.. U will get more confused with the concept. His notes are of no use so random and haphazardly dictated.. He keeps yawning in class makes it so dull . I had no other option as i could not take face to face classes but believe me u will waste your 40k and precious time completely ....

I second it, completely
  • Arunima said:

I am taking his classes and regretting it so much he can not explain a single concept . My class is about to end but I still can't figure out what i learnt in pol science.. Further he has some language problem like he makes so many pronunciation and grammatic mistake while speaking english that entire meaning changes and you will feel like running away.. U will get more confused with the concept. His notes are of no use so random and haphazardly dictated.. He keeps yawning in class makes it so dull . I had no other option as i could not take face to face classes but believe me u will waste your 40k and precious time completely ....

Well I absolutely disagree. I am in Piyush Sirs Offline Batch, and I found his classes pretty good. His English is good, I never found it hard to understand in any way. Yes, I agree in his videos of youtube he speaks in poor english but in the class while teaching, I found his English to be fully understandable. He does mispronounce a few words here and there, but those are rare and we can easily comprehend their meaning. His Printed notes are very Long, but he dictates their summary in class in a few sentences, which I found very helpful while making my own notes.

And Kindly tell me the Video Numbers in which you "Apparently" saw him "Yawning". He is always actively teaching us, and if it wasnt for the student's request, he would not even give us a break in a 4 Hour class. I have never found his classes "Dull", rather he teaches interactively while giving real life examples which help us understand the topic better. He is always ready to teach extra hours and entertains All Doubts at the beginning of Classes. I am satisfied with his classes.

Also, Since Your Account only has a single comment to criticise Piyush Sir, I would like to say, that please find some other thread to post Comments Misguiding other aspirants.

• test series ke video discussions main he taught very well.sr ka notes lelo market se aur isse guidance.
  • This guy Amritanshu seems promising, complete course completion by 30 th january starting today on 27th dec
    Please find the link of the PSIR 2018course- https://unacademy.com/course/optionals-political-science-international-relations/8IVHV1ZG
  • Arunima said:

Hey, why not you try my Friend's very interesting and unique take on PSIR OPTIONALS 2018 in his new lecture series on unacademy which he promises to cover the syllabus by 30th Jan, 2018.
    Attaching the link- https://unacademy.com/user/amritanshu111-8385
  • He can't even draw maps. Would keep on saying over there over here. He didnt know anything when he taught ir at chronicle in winters of 2014 .

Hey, why not you try my Friend Amritanshu's very interesting and unique take on PSIR OPTIONALS 2018 in his new lecture series on unacademy which he promises to cover the syllabus by 30th Jan, 2018.
    Attaching the link- https://unacademy.com/user/amritanshu111-8385
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog