Sociology notes of Upendra IAS

Can anyone upload Upendra sirs SOCIOLOGY notes???????

Comments

• Bhai 300 page hain.
    Scan karke upload karna is next to impossible. Buy it from ORN/MN/BS. The printed modules and the class notes each cost around 500 bucks. :)
    When victory is certain, even the cowards can fight.
    Brave are those who fight even when their defeat is certain.
  • Bhai 300 page hain.
    Scan karke upload karna is next to impossible. Buy it from ORN/MN/BS. The printed modules and the class notes each cost around 500 bucks. :)
    Bhai, which notes are better for paper-II , UIAS or Nice IAS notes?
  • Bhai 300 page hain.
    Malik aapka bhi sociology optional hai kya?
  • @rohit21

I said this elsewhere also that because of the vastness of syllabus I had to drop History. Besides I found out that Socio was far more compatible with the current scheme of things(read GS).
  • @vayam

I am hearing about Nice for the first time from you. It is far better to opt for the notes of well recognized and seasoned coaches of Socio.
  • @vayam
    for paper-2....... notes of mohapatra sir of vajiram is recommendable
  • @vayam
    for paper-2....... notes of mohapatra sir of vajiram is recommendable
    But I have been informed that complete Mohapatra notes are not available , are they?
  • @vayam

Wrong info - it is impossible to get partial notes for any subject except GS.
    You get Mahopatra's notes bound in 5 volumes - both for paper 1 and 2. I think first 3 and a half volume for paper 1 and the rest 1 and a half volume for paper 2.
  • @rohit21

I said this elsewhere also that because of the vastness of syllabus I had to drop History. Besides I found out that Socio was far more compatible with the current scheme of things(read GS).
    i have also moved to sociology. As i also thought on same lines. Have u completed one reading of optional.
  • Friends,
    I have a doubt. I shall be thankful if anyone opines me.
    Sociology/Pub Ad/political science/Anthropology subject's questions are popular for being very analytic/dynamic in nature. It is strictly suggested that 'one who has good writing skills should opt for these subjects'
    The coaching notes from any teacher is gist of any popular book for that subject (not written by him).
    Notes are prepared in the due course of preparation(by the aspirant) when he has a clear idea of the subject, as is depicted in the book.
    If we skip the fundamental part of studies(reading books), then do you think, would it be apt for anyone to compete with other aspirants ?
    The questions from these subjects are inspired from News Papers, which makes the answers analytic/dynamic in nature.
    thanks

@rohit21
  • edited July 2013
    @rohit21

i have also moved to sociology. As i also thought on same lines. Have u completed one reading of optional.
    Arrey nahi yaar ... I am kind of struggling with time management right now. Jab tak prelims ka result nahi aata tab tak concentrate karna mushkil hai.
    I am yet to do paper 2 but I have a pretty good idea of paper 1.
    What about you?? How much have you done?
  • @vayam

Wrong info - it is impossible to get partial notes for any subject except GS.
    You get Mahopatra's notes bound in 5 volumes - both for paper 1 and 2. I think first 3 and a half volume for paper 1 and the rest 1 and a half volume for paper 2.
    1 more information brother- are those notes available in Old Rajendra Nagar, caz I am not from Delhi and may be I will visit Delhi in a few days time.
  • @rohit21

Arrey nahi yaar ... I am kind of struggling with time management right now. Jab tak prelims ka result nahi aata tab tak concentrate karna mushkil hai.
    Same here bro...and so far it has been quite a ride studying this subject :-)
  • @rohit21

i haven't started yet moving with the flow of GS right now. Will start as soon as possible. Which source have u followed for paper 1 and what sources for paper 2?
  • edited July 2013
    Paper 1 - Haralambos and Holborn the thick book(the thin one has too less a material in my view)
    Paper 2 - Not yet decided but I think will refer to coaching notes only

Have you decided any sources as of now @vayam and @rohit21 ??
  • Paper 1 - Haralambos and Holborn the thick book(the thin one has too less a material in my view)

i am following ignou and thin orange haralambos. Also have bought thick one 5th edition xerox.(is this the same which u r referring)
    for paper 2 only ignou and mohapatra sir notes which my friend gave me which he bought last year.

• Paper 1 - Haralambos and Holborn the thick book(the thin one has too less a material in my view)

Paper 1- Haralambos and holborn/herald (for a few topics). Referred Ritzer for some thinkers.

For Paper-2, I spoke to a friend who has cleared the exam this year with a pretty good rank and he is the one who told me to get NICE IAS notes citing the reason that they are very comprehensive. I also intend to refer only coaching notes supplemented with Yojana.

i am following ignou and thin orange haralambos. Also have bought thick one 5th edition xerox.(is this the same which u r referring)
    for paper 2 only ignou and mohapatra sir notes which my friend gave me which he bought last year.

Oh I have no idea what edition it is but it is photocopy I bought from JBC, Jia Sarai.
    Which Ignou notes are you referring - BA/MA?

Paper 1- Haralambos and holborn/herald (for a few topics). Referred Ritzer for some thinkers.

For Paper-2, I spoke to a friend who has cleared the exam this year with a pretty good rank and he is the one who told me to get NICE IAS notes citing the reason that they are very comprehensive. I also intend to refer only coaching notes supplemented with Yojana.
    Bro where is Nice IAS located? Who is the tutor?

Bro where is Nice IAS located? Who is the tutor?
    I guess Praveen Kishore
  • @sidlivestrong mostly will be BA.
  • can any one from delhi with sociology optional tell me that "collected essays" by m. n. srinivas is available in ORN or MN or not. Thanks in advance.
  • as far as i have heard the test series of nice-ias is supposedly better for sociology.. i guess the first batch of that has already started.. v people can join the 2nd batch of that after the prelims results are out !!:)
    plz check the link though :)http://nice-ias.com/announcement.php?id=29

• edited July 2013
    Dont know whether this is a right forum to put my query, but actually I didnt find any talking specifically about socio.

Wanted to know, from where to study Conformity and Deviance of Robert K Merton(not able to find this in IGNOU and Ritzer) and Sociological Thinker Mead(Not able to find it in IGNOU, though couple of pages are dedicated to Mead in Ritzer but dont know if it actually talks about self and identity, though I am yet to read Mead from Ritzer).

Please suggest or let me know if I am missing anything

[Moderator Note: A new thread has been created for the purpose. Sociological Thinkers Doubt]
  • I recently purchased Vajiram class notes for Sociology from Jawahar book store - and they are very badly written! Basically loaded with spelling mistakes and the handwriting is quite bad too.
    Is anyone else also facing the same problem? Basically I'm not from Delhi so had to order these on phone.

Are there multiple versions of Vajiram Sociology notes in the market? Please help..
  • How far is it advisible to refer upendra sir's notes for the socio part of GS? Does he teach GS anywhere or only optitonal. I found him to be the best faculty for sociology...
    When they say you can't do it, it definitely means you have to do it!
  • when is the new batch of upendra sir starting and what are the timings?
    Also If someone has attended classes of Mr Praveen Kishore of nice ias, kindly give a feedback?
  • actually i hv mahapatra sir notes ...but fr a safer side i wan to refer one more pile of notes ......so shd i go fr upendra sir notes or praveen kishore sir notes(NICE Institute).....cz i m confused in ths n don wan to overburden my self with bulk of notes ...pls suggest me which one is better fr a second reading and reference ....thanx :( nad one more question tangling me is which books shd be supplemented with these institute notes .....i hv ritzer n old harlambous ...r they suffice with these notes or do i need to go fr b.k nagla indian sociological thought or abraham book or mclonis n some more...pls do suggest me a complete source list for sociology pls pls
  • can anyone tell me from where to buy upendra sirs,sinduri mam's notes??price of upendra sir's notes?rs 1800?m not from delhi.so can anyone give me contact address of xerox shops if they can post it to me?...thnx in adance
  • edited December 2013
    I had enquired in jawahar book centre about Upendra Sir's notes for both papers via email. Here is what they replied. I am mere copy pasting it here.

"Upendra Gaur Classnote Cost you 550.00
    Price are with Courier charge
    If you want buy this Books/material then transfer/deposit the amount in our Bank Account and inform us through mail with your address and contact no."
    Is these the notes you guys are talking about. Shall I buy these. And one more question, are these notes handwritten and what is the quality ?
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog