10 Days to Mains: Don’t Be Intimidated. Be Inspired. By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 CGP 2019 Admission Test | Details Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty
Current Affairs 2019
We are commencing with the second batch of Current Affairs + Answer Writing from 16th September. Attend the first class free on Sunday, 16th September at 11AM, New Delhi. Click here to know more and register. Click here for details.
MITRA'S IAS - Fresh New batches of PHILOSOPHY from: 27th SEPT(Evening) - 5pm
& 9th OCT (Morning) – 11 am

For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
,Website:- www.mitrasias.com

Best coaching for anthropology

Hey I want to know the best Institute for anthropology. Please provide the sufficient detail regarding the subject.

Comments

• Hello ....i m also looking for anthropology
    guidence by any senior player ..!!
    Really need help !!
  • There is no good coaching in delhi for anthropology..all are here to cheat students and making money..if you are serious and really want to do coaching then go hyderabad.
  • Kartik sir in hyderabad is d best one as i attended his classes..he teaches at braintree..basics wil get cleared and his approach is simple and sophisticated..his notes are also gud..and value for money..3.5 months classes..
  • Hi @viju sir....i live in delhi nd cant shift hyderabad currently but can i get any guidence frm there. if u can provide me any source i will be really thankful to u ..
  • @garimasinghjadon go to L2A, presently that's the best for anthropology in delhi, as also said by few others here on the forum, you can try going there..
  • @garimasinghjadon you can purchase printed materials of La excellence of sosin ma'am from kumar book depot near vajiram..notes are good..and refer some standard books for physical anthropology..don't join coaching rather than join test series in delhi..L2A or srinivas.
  • ratta marna is the best strategy for anthro.there is nothing in it which requires to be thaught.everything is factual.
  • Thank u @ viju sir ...but how is vaid for anthrapology ?
  • And @ viju167 did u joined any institutn for anthro ..??
  • @garimasinghjadon no ma'am i haven't joined any coaching..doing self study.regarding vaid sir he doesn't teach anything..waste of time.
  • edited August 2016
    @Viju167 How can a student from non-science background can deal with Physical part of Anthropology by self study? Its looks little technical.
  • @Jarvis16 well background doesn't matter..anyone can take anthropology..it's a social science.. for better understanding read biology ncert of class 10,11&12th before indulge into p.nath or b.m das..especially heredity n evolution chapters in ncert.
  • @Viju167 Do they need conceptual clarity or mugging up would suffice Physical part?
  • But sir @viju167 its a completly a new subject i need guidence on each n every step ...spclly in answer writing practice
  • And sir plzzz if u can clear my doubt regarding syllabus of anthro thn it will be really gud to me ..
    Do syllabus of anthro is less than other subjects and do anthro posses any advantage over sociology ?
  • @garimasinghjadon anthro is easier to revise where as socio is little bulky and takes long time..and in anthro u need not mug up..please see the syllabus carefully and previous year question papers..and questions have been repeated no.of times..paper 2 completely about tribal anthropology,forest rights.. so its quite interesting and general nature..rest depends on you.
  • @ viju167 Thank you so much sir
  • I have a different point of view regarding anthro......it's easy to say that it is general in nature but still you need to mug up lot of stuffs...for a holistic understanding of physical part one needs to learn certain basic facts about biology(cell-component & functions, evolution etc.), some areas are very boring where you need to memorize everything but the application part is interesting and useful(biotechnology).
    Paper2 is evolving and becoming dynamic in nature(2015 paper) but earlier it was more or less static barring few portions related to tribal development but overall the paper is interesting.
    Due to paucity of time in exam one needs to mug up various chapters to complete the paper in time....if @garimasinghjadon you are good at it then you can go for it.
  • Karma - the Panacea
  • Thank you so much @dolby for ur advice but i still hav not got a relevant reason for my one doubt tat inspite of being so interesting nd less syllabus in comparision with others nd scoring as well why so less students opt for anthro !!
  • @garimasinghjadon Other optional like philosophy is also very interesting with less syllabus, so many opt for it and the biology part of anthro deter people from choosing anthro as optional. The number of people appearing with anthro is on the rise which you can see in the annual report of UPSC. It would not be fair to say that anthro is very scoring as its scores fluctuates every year, in 2015 the average score was not as expected.
  • Classes at KAVERI'S IAS are best and finest and weekly 2 test apart from regular class..But u have to bear more time initially for covering syllabus there..Sir is having good command of linking static part with current part...
  • Hi guys, I am studying Anthropology under Vijay Sir's guidance. He takes his classes in Old Rajendra Nagar, Delhi. He gives the best guidance and makes all concept clear. His book "Social & Physical Anthropology" is to the point and covers the entire syllabus.
    If you are looking for a good anthropology teacher he is the one.
  • Is vijay sir teaching at l2a?
  • share to other people because I don't want other to suffer like me by joining SRINIVAS>

I don't know of kaveri IAS but for sure I can say one should be cautious of SRINIVAS IAS.

He only bothers to take your money.
    He is not interested in teaching and guiding students but making money.
    All promises made by him in initial days like weekly test, monthly evaluation and extra classes if few people request are all false. The moment u pay money, he don't bother of who you are.He would ask you to wait till half the portion get over to write a test. Once you reach half portion he would either pretend as if he had not made such promise or even if students forces him(as happened in my batch) he will take atleat 40-50 days to get your paper evaluated. By that time either you will forget that you have given exam or he would deliberately choose not to remind you.

This is frustating:
    He takes 15-20 days of leave whenever he wants and goes to his home. He don't understand what students opinion is and to cover the lost days he rushes like anything or ask u to refer the topic own.
    This would be very frustating and irritating since all the plan you would make of syllabus completion by 3.5 month would be extended anything easly by other 1.5 to 2 months.(This is what happened with my batch. Everyone cursed him)
    He takes such vacation once in 1.5-2 month.

Coming to his classes:

His 1st hour (out of 2 hr class) is time pass; He somehow takes u to unrelated and non-contributing debate and waste time and in 2nd hour ask u to take notes(only for Physical). I felt like Why did I give him money and I should I have to listen to such non-sense debate(which lacks any justification).
    Even in class he makes statements which nobody on earth except him would agree.
    Few of his sentences are:
    1. When the topic of class is subjective he says(this is airy and liquid).
    2. In topic of inheritance he says (the rickshaw puller might be ashoka's lineage)
    3. Understand what i am saying
    All such statements are to waste time and not to give concept(which I understood later).

I am telling you, he doesn't teach Anthro except Physical part. Again even in physical he has no clarity on human evolution and various fossils and he will ask you to directly take down notes without explaining any thing. This will irritate you and will make you feel why did i join him ?

His sociology part is horrible, disastrous and too vague and too boring to attend. Complete waste of time.
    His paper 2, this F**k*r completely skipped tribal part and asked to read on my own{why did he take money if he doesn't teach???}. He will ask u to buy Nadeem tribal Book and read it. He hardly spends more than 1 class for tribal and even in those 2 hrs he cracks jokes or somehow waste time to complete 2hr.
    He doesn't encourage doubt. I guess he wants to avoid embarrassing situation in class if he doesn't answer.

His +ves:
    Gives notes only to physical part.
    These notes are copy paste of P.Nath and B.M.Das.{You can buy hell lot of such notes in market and Please Please Please Don't decide to join him based on this +ve(as I did) because}

Because:
    You will feel complete waste of money and precious time for all his classes.
    You will feel cheated like me.

When coaching is about to complete he says coaching will not help but writing will help and ask you to register for answer writing test.
    Once you pay money for this test, he will irritate you by not evaluating papers(As i said you he wants money and not our benefit). OR even if he evaluate it, he will not write any remarks on paper. You can see that your paper was not evaluated but rather tick-marked with red pen by giving random marks.When you ask him the comments for your paper for a question he will asks you to come later and will he will avoid you finally. If you succeed to meet him at any cost he will ask you to forget of last test and suggest to write next test(the cycle repeats).

From his coaching i concluded that he don't have any knowledge of the subject but has read some toppers notes and mug them up every day before class(you can see him revising notes before class).

Finally after all these remarks you still don't believe me, try to get phone or email of persons who have joined him and ask them.
    How to get them? Ask the black receptionist boy(who is also a f**k*r in himself since he will only remind you to pay balance money and will never inform you if a class is cancelled or not) in srinivas IAS and ask him to give numbers of students of previous batches(say any reason).
    How to decide?
    If you succeed in getting numbers decide based on majority. Ask atleat 10 people and join him(SRINIVAS) only if >5 says he is good.
    I am sure 9/10 will recommend that his classes are wastage of precious time and scare money.
    Again if you ask me I would say Big NO with single justification that the idea of spending 45K without getting anything will haunt you once you complete coaching.
    He doesn't even know proper english and tells the same boring things again and again.
    All the advertisements of him are all false. They are taken from other institutions because no topper would verify this malpractice and so he(SRINIVAS)safetly would print them on papers and pamphlets and advertisements.

If you ask me how to study I can say the only mantra is self-study for anthro of delhites.

Please Please Please convey this message to other. I opened this account only to post this and convey my opinion.
    I hope you guys can understand.

If you still decide to join him I will say be strong and take his jokes and money,time waste as routine and OKish.
  • Hello, I have Braintree Xerox notes. I don't need them. So if anyone wants it then ping me. Btw I am in Lucknow right now, so anyone from the city can collect it.
  • As referred by Nikita,here is the website of Vijay Sir
    https://www.upscanthropology.com
  • target958 said:

share to other people because I don't want other to suffer like me by joining SRINIVAS>

I don't know of kaveri IAS but for sure I can say one should be cautious of SRINIVAS IAS.

He only bothers to take your money.
    He is not interested in teaching and guiding students but making money.
    All promises made by him in initial days like weekly test, monthly evaluation and extra classes if few people request are all false. The moment u pay money, he don't bother of who you are.He would ask you to wait till half the portion get over to write a test. Once you reach half portion he would either pretend as if he had not made such promise or even if students forces him(as happened in my batch) he will take atleat 40-50 days to get your paper evaluated. By that time either you will forget that you have given exam or he would deliberately choose not to remind you.

This is frustating:
    He takes 15-20 days of leave whenever he wants and goes to his home. He don't understand what students opinion is and to cover the lost days he rushes like anything or ask u to refer the topic own.
    This would be very frustating and irritating since all the plan you would make of syllabus completion by 3.5 month would be extended anything easly by other 1.5 to 2 months.(This is what happened with my batch. Everyone cursed him)
    He takes such vacation once in 1.5-2 month.

Coming to his classes:

His 1st hour (out of 2 hr class) is time pass; He somehow takes u to unrelated and non-contributing debate and waste time and in 2nd hour ask u to take notes(only for Physical). I felt like Why did I give him money and I should I have to listen to such non-sense debate(which lacks any justification).
    Even in class he makes statements which nobody on earth except him would agree.
    Few of his sentences are:
    1. When the topic of class is subjective he says(this is airy and liquid).
    2. In topic of inheritance he says (the rickshaw puller might be ashoka's lineage)
    3. Understand what i am saying
    All such statements are to waste time and not to give concept(which I understood later).

I am telling you, he doesn't teach Anthro except Physical part. Again even in physical he has no clarity on human evolution and various fossils and he will ask you to directly take down notes without explaining any thing. This will irritate you and will make you feel why did i join him ?

His sociology part is horrible, disastrous and too vague and too boring to attend. Complete waste of time.
    His paper 2, this F**k*r completely skipped tribal part and asked to read on my own{why did he take money if he doesn't teach???}. He will ask u to buy Nadeem tribal Book and read it. He hardly spends more than 1 class for tribal and even in those 2 hrs he cracks jokes or somehow waste time to complete 2hr.
    He doesn't encourage doubt. I guess he wants to avoid embarrassing situation in class if he doesn't answer.

His +ves:
    Gives notes only to physical part.
    These notes are copy paste of P.Nath and B.M.Das.{You can buy hell lot of such notes in market and Please Please Please Don't decide to join him based on this +ve(as I did) because}

Because:
    You will feel complete waste of money and precious time for all his classes.
    You will feel cheated like me.

When coaching is about to complete he says coaching will not help but writing will help and ask you to register for answer writing test.
    Once you pay money for this test, he will irritate you by not evaluating papers(As i said you he wants money and not our benefit). OR even if he evaluate it, he will not write any remarks on paper. You can see that your paper was not evaluated but rather tick-marked with red pen by giving random marks.When you ask him the comments for your paper for a question he will asks you to come later and will he will avoid you finally. If you succeed to meet him at any cost he will ask you to forget of last test and suggest to write next test(the cycle repeats).

From his coaching i concluded that he don't have any knowledge of the subject but has read some toppers notes and mug them up every day before class(you can see him revising notes before class).

Finally after all these remarks you still don't believe me, try to get phone or email of persons who have joined him and ask them.
    How to get them? Ask the black receptionist boy(who is also a f**k*r in himself since he will only remind you to pay balance money and will never inform you if a class is cancelled or not) in srinivas IAS and ask him to give numbers of students of previous batches(say any reason).
    How to decide?
    If you succeed in getting numbers decide based on majority. Ask atleat 10 people and join him(SRINIVAS) only if >5 says he is good.
    I am sure 9/10 will recommend that his classes are wastage of precious time and scare money.
    Again if you ask me I would say Big NO with single justification that the idea of spending 45K without getting anything will haunt you once you complete coaching.
    He doesn't even know proper english and tells the same boring things again and again.
    All the advertisements of him are all false. They are taken from other institutions because no topper would verify this malpractice and so he(SRINIVAS)safetly would print them on papers and pamphlets and advertisements.

If you ask me how to study I can say the only mantra is self-study for anthro of delhites.

Please Please Please convey this message to other. I opened this account only to post this and convey my opinion.
    I hope you guys can understand.

If you still decide to join him I will say be strong and take his jokes and money,time waste as routine and OKish.

I completely agree with him. Have Attended his classes in 2015, it was such a waste of time and money.
    I know the people whom he is advertising, I know how they have prepared.
    None has got anything from him. It was all self help.
    Although all are useless teachers here but don't join Srinivas.
  • Hi All,

Vijay Sir's Anthropology classes can be considered for Optional coaching in Delhi. I have recently completed my coaching under the guidance of Vijay Sir and I am quite satisfied with my progress. Sir has 30+ teaching experience, which is reflected in his unique teaching style. Few positives, I would like to share regarding the Institute -

1. Command over Paper II, a rarity in Delhi, I suppose.
    2. Anthropological way of teaching - linking biological portion in Social part and Socio-cultural approach in Physical
    3. Question-answer based way of covering topics, covers the past UPSC past questions while explaining topics.
    4. Dictation and note-making in class itself.
    5. Notes covers reference from latest Anthropological journals.
    6. Punctuality and regularity in classes.
    7. Personal attention to students. Will take extra-class, post regular class for missed classes even for single student.
    8. To the point discussion in classes with no random gyaan, batch finishes in 2.5 months.

I have tried to be objective and realistic in my account but still the views are totally personal. Anyone interested in presenting additional view-points is totally appreciated.
  • Definitely Vijay sir is the best...got to know about him through samir saurabh ips 2015 ..His teaching style is phenomenal.. more so in socio cultural part..he explained it all in a very lucid manner with Indian examples and case studies, something you won't find in other coaching.. through him only I got to know the relevance of interconnecting..he taught both the paper in an integrated manner linking one aspect of the syllabus with other..In Short he made anthropology all the more easy..

Why be satisfied with the better when you can have the best at vijay sir classes..

You can visit his website at
    https://www.upscanthropology.com/

Happy preparation..
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog