MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

Power Bank required to keep the phone alive and access Forumias during the job hours.

edited June 2016 in Tools & Technology
I need to keep my samsung galaxy A5 (SM-A 500 G,android ver 5.0.2) alive during the job hours(site job mostly with only some days within the office).
Please suggest a good power bank compatible with my smart phone.Cost is secondary,primary preference is the proper functioning of the phone.I mean,the use of power bank shouldn't cause any harm to the cellphone.
Btw i know ,the above concern is only an irrational obsessive thought.

Ps:never had the need to use any such charging source earlier.
Atleast Pcs

Comments

• any power bank works good....check in flipkart...i have hitech's power bank of 10000 mAH capcity , works quite fine within this 2 years....cost is around 700 rs..recently bought another one at around 1200 Rs.(PNY Power Bank of 10400 capcity with led,torch etc,..and has safety features) ..working gud...check specifications and review from flipkart
    wind power α v^3. That's how speed matters to generate power required to drive upsc exam.
  • Thankyou very much @Wind_Energy .I donot rely on flipkart for gadgets .i do not have faith.Although,they have tried very hard to woo and assure the customers recently.
    Btw thanks for the descreption.I would rather check out the models offline.
    Does mAh actually signify the number of hrs of backup?
    I know you would be busy with preparation but do reply if you could take out some time or when leisurely spending a few minutes.
    Atleast Pcs
  • Thankyou @Defcon1
    Atleast Pcs
  • You can buy intex 11000 mAh power bank..cost around 950 rs...very gud power bank..using since 1 year..
  • Dr_Raavan said:

Thankyou very much @Wind_Energy .I donot rely on flipkart for gadgets .i do not have faith.Although,they have tried very hard to woo and assure the customers recently.
    I know you would be busy with preparation but do reply if you could take out some time or when leisurely spending a few minutes.

mAh is milli Ampere Hour. Its the amount of charge a battery can hold. Also the maximum current discharge capacity (its called C) of your battery is related to it.. if its 1C, then max current draw from power bank will be 10A or if its 5C then 50A and so.

For example, if your power bank is 10000mAh or 10Ah and 1C.

If there is a constant current draw of 10A from your load(mobile), then the battery will discharge in approximately one hour or if there is a constant current draw of 1A(typically it is when using a lot of applications together), the power bank should last about 10 hours.

Usually the current drawn in normal usage will be in hundreds of milli amps. So a 10000mAh power bank should give u at least 20 to 30 hours of battery life on your phone(it may vary, but this is my estimation).

PS, never used a power bank :tongue:
    Good Bye. See you Later.
  • ^ Dr sahab .. chaar saal engineering karte karte physics maths chemistry sab recycle bin mei chala jaata hai :tongue:
    Good Bye. See you Later.
  • edited June 2016

Aap engineer ho aur mAh nahi pata?
    Strange.. :frowning:
    Itna physics toh 11th mein hi aata tha. :neutral:

Anyways, koi bhi lelo.
    I have a 5200 mAh Mi powerbank. Works awesome.

Also, e-commerce is growing at >20% per annum. I suggest you develop faith in it.. :tongue:

@DrKingSchultz sir, did engg. by fixing a seat ,that too from a college very near(100 m) to my home.

Btw,faith in business requires much more than stats. :)
    Atleast Pcs
  • pizza said:

Dr_Raavan said:

Thankyou very much @Wind_Energy .I donot rely on flipkart for gadgets .i do not have faith.Although,they have tried very hard to woo and assure the customers recently.

mAh is milli Ampere Hour. Its the amount of charge a battery can hold. Also the maximum current discharge capacity (its called C) of your battery is related to it.. if its 1C, then max current draw from power bank will be 10A or if its 5C then 50A and so.

For example, if your power bank is 10000mAh or 10Ah and 1C.

If there is a constant current draw of 10A from your load(mobile), then the battery will discharge in approximately one hour or if there is a constant current draw of 1A(typically it is when using a lot of applications together), the power bank should last about 10 hours.

Usually the current drawn in normal usage will be in hundreds of milli amps. So a 10000mAh power bank should give u at least 20 to 30 hours of battery life on your phone(it may vary, but this is my estimation).

PS, never used a power bank :tongue:
    Thankyou very much @pizza .
    Atleast Pcs
  • Thankyou @shubh04
    Atleast Pcs
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog