Write the Prelims 7 Times before you write it on June 3
Write Simulator Test 2 at 9AM on April 8. Get Scorecard same day by 9PM. Enroll now ! Do not wait till its too late! Enrollment Links :1) Simulator Tests : 8 GS Tests 2) Simulator Tests : 8 GS + 4 CSAT Tests
Unacademy Plus - Live Classes by India’s Best Educators
Seats going fast for all UPSC CSE Prelim's 18 courses. Click on the below link for details -

(1) Modern Indian History                                         (2) Environment & Ecology
(3) Polity, Current Affairs & Govt. Schemes            (4)Budget & Economic survey
(5) Geography with MCQ's                                        (6) Important Current Affairs
Learn from India’s Best Educators. Limited Seats! Register now

Is it compulsory to show your previous govt job in UPSC form

If we dont show that we have worked somewhere else in govt job before and have been dissmised /terminated from service for unauthorised leave
can UPSC will have issue on this
Is it compulsory to declare all the things
If we dont disclose what can be penalty
kya mai pagal hun ?

Comments

• I have the same question .Please any one answer to this query .
  • There is no such column of previous employer details in upsc form.
  • @crez i guess there would be a column in DAF about your previous employment.
    @PanamaPandit Bro what about the case when one was terminated from govt job fue to absence /absconding.Do upsc take any action on any such cases ?
  • @PanamaPandit does dimissal from psu dont disqualify me from upsc
    in wwhich column i have to write about my case
    In DAF form it is no where mentioned about previous dismiisal only if current job and in that proceding against you then uhave to inform i think
    kya mai pagal hun ?
  • @dukhi_bacha Nothing will happen if you have been terminated for absence from job bcs thats not a crime.You violated service rules and thats why company terminated you.You put on your past job details whichever is required in DAF and if they ask ypu at the time of document verification or in interview then justify your absence.It may hamper interview marks slightly (not necessarily)but i dont think you will not be eligible for job.So relax buddy.I am in process of being terminated , not yet terminated.
  • Thanks @PanamaPandit buddy for reply.
  • @RayinDark please see ur ur inbox
    kya mai pagal hun ?
  • @dukhi_bacha bhai company ne kis basis pe terminate kya aapko...unauthorised absence matlab u didnt inform them or you informed them but the competent authority did approve of it...m asking this bcoz me too thinking abt taking medical leave while informing them through correspondence..can they still dismiss if you inform them but they didnt authorised your leave
    Down-yes Out-No

कोशिश करने वालों की कभी हार नहीं होती।
  • @div27 i didnt inform them
    infact never replied to thier any letter tthis was my biggest mistake
    kya mai pagal hun ?
  • @dukhi_bacha
    u were earlier telling me abt ur cousin getting fired but nw u said u r being dismissed... bhai itna tention nahi lene ka....koi panga nahi hoga.. did u talk to HR ..like i told u to...???u might be reinstated...
  • @div27 i didnt inform them
    infact never replied to thier any letter tthis was my biggest mistake

ok bhai..can you tell me how for how long were u absent...and how many days after joining left without informing..
    bhai i knw u must be depressed right now...feel free to avoid answering if u dont feel like...m asking this bcoz m also abt to take medical till prelims...all the best brother
    Down-yes Out-No

कोशिश करने वालों की कभी हार नहीं होती।
  • Yes, you have to show the service period it in DAF. But you don't have to state why your service ended, whether you quit or were fired or dismissed etc.
    They dont even ask for work documents in interview stage.
    What I cannot do:
    Spell "Antecedent".

What I can do:
    Crack CSE.
  • @Antecedent What after final selectio ? Do they ask to submit work experience or resignation letter or any such thing ? Bcs in case of termination one will get termination letter.Throw light if you have idea about it.
  • edited June 2016
    RayinDark said:

@Antecedent What after final selectio ? Do they ask to submit work experience or resignation letter or any such thing ? Bcs in case of termination one will get termination letter.Throw light if you have idea about it.

+1

Even I have the same query. I left my job (central govt) two years back and I dont know the head and tail of that period. I vaguely have some idea about the months I joined and resigned. Will this create any problem during interview?

@Antecedant
  • It would be really kind on the part of aspirants who have attended interview to clear our doubts. Do we need to produce experience certificates, resignation letter etc at the time of interview? If so, then I'm dead. I dont even remember the date I joined and resigned from my last job which was in a Central Govt dept. I lost all the communication documents between them and me. :|
  • edited June 2016
    Wakaao said:

Do we need to produce experience certificates, resignation letter etc at the time of interview?

I've already answered this.

1) You have to show the service period in DAF.
    2) But you don't have to state why your service ended, whether you quit or were fired or dismissed etc. They dont even ask for work documents in interview stage.

@Wakaao

You are expected to write the date of joining and leaving in your DAF form - the form that UPSC expects of you after mains. However, the forms of UPSC don't ask reasons for why you quit, were you fired etc.

Here are the details UPSC asks for:

Designation/Position
    Monthly remuneration
    Whether Permanent/Temporary/Ad hoc etc.
    Period (From date, To date)
    Name of employer/Organisation/Firm/Individual
    Place of employment(Address)
    So you need to figure out those dates. Loss of communication is really no excuse. You can use bank statements, paystubs or whatever to figure that out. But what about termination etc. - for that part read the next part of this post.

RayinDark said:

@Antecedent What after final selection ? Do they ask to submit work experience or resignation letter or any such thing ? Bcs in case of termination one will get termination letter.Throw light if you have idea about it.

@RayinDark
    First understand who you mean by "they". Once UPSC recommends a name to DoPT - UPSC's headache is more or less over. DoPT might ask you, might not ask you. But irrespective of whether they ask you or not, you don't become ineligible for civil services only because you were terminated from your previous job (unless you were terminated for misconduct, or some such criminal offense). Generally speaking, here are the things that can disqualify you:

1. Criminal antecedents
    2. Serious dishonesty in any form

Here are the things that cannot disqualify you:

1. Being fired for low performance in your old job
    2. Being fired for taking too many leaves in your old job

People, just be honest with your forms and don't become neurotic about these things.
    What I cannot do:
    Spell "Antecedent".

What I can do:
    Crack CSE.
  • after being selected DOPT do send a letter to your previous employee if u mention it in DAF. This is done to check your precedent and your behavior in that organization and they specifically ask about your character, any disciplinary action etc during your stay in that organization.. This is done for all government jobs. So do't take it lightly. If you are going to mention it then DOPT is for sure will communicate with your past organization.
  • after being selected DOPT do send a letter to your previous employee if u mention it in DAF. This is done to check your precedent and your behavior in that organization and they specifically ask about your character, any disciplinary action etc during your stay in that organization.. This is done for all government jobs. So do't take it lightly. If you are going to mention it then DOPT is for sure will communicate with your past organization.

applicable only for government or semi goverment firms.
    they hardly do it for private firms or when you work on freelance basis anywhere.
    "i am the guy doing my job,you must be the other guy."
  • hey frnds i am thinking of filing a rti to upsc clearly asking them about this
    also to my previous psu job
    i have purchased Postal order of Rs 10 from post office today , now what is the next thing how to fill that postal order if some one knows please guide
    I will be asking to UPSc- if i am dismissed from PSU (Oil) whether eligible to UPSc
    this will confirm in writing and i can then now concentrate on Prelims
    Also I will be asking to Psu that if they dismissed someone Is he disqualified from other govt jobs
    kya mai pagal hun ?
  • today i requested my GM(state) to convert my dismissal from service to removal from service on humanitarian grounds and begged for not ruining my future let see what they reply
    kya mai pagal hun ?
  • removal is also penality but not bar on future
    kya mai pagal hun ?
  • is it apply only central govt jobs or
    state govt also...?
  • @TELangana what ???
    kya mai pagal hun ?
  • @

@TELangana what ???

my doubt is....
    is it must to tell about previous job for
    state govt emplyes also....
  • edited June 2016
    @TELangana

Any job, you must state in DAF.

Like I said before, just be honest with your forms and don't become neurotic about these things.
    What I cannot do:
    Spell "Antecedent".

What I can do:
    Crack CSE.
  • @TELangana yes all experience except pvt ones

i think we hve to show
    kya mai pagal hun ?
  • what will happen if DoPT will send a letter to previous employer- PSU and that PSU make adverse remark about your behaviour/conduct/character to settle personal score/revenge/jealousy...will it affect the appointment with UPSC..
  • friends please clarify, my close friend got irs this time, he has a problem with daf , in 2012 December he joined state government group B job . In 2013 aguest he received a court summon for the crime of 307, 324, 340 sections of ipc for the group clash occurred in 2009, where his father involved. police included his name in charge sheet after four years. my friend never revealed this issue to his office and he was acquitted in July 2014 and issue settled in local court. now he mentioned about his criminal case record and his government employment in daf, he is worrying about non intimation of his court case to his office. will it be a issue?
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog