ForumIAS Simulator Tests ! Starts April 2 ( UPDATED LINKS )

ForumIAS Simulator Tests commence from April 2, 2017. Click here to download Test Plan. Click here to enroll for the online Test Series . Click here to enroll for the Classroom Test Series.

Public Administration Optional help needed

hello guys.
i appeared for prelims last year but could not clear. so i dont have any personal experience of writing Mains with Public Administartion. Now i have decided to appear for cse 2017 so i have complete 1 year with me to prepare for exam and that's the reason i want your advice that whether i should go ahead with pub ad or should start preparing with some new optional. This year many people have cleared with Public Administration but a the same time i have seen many people who despite being selected earlier with pub ad could not score well with this optional - that means all is not well with this optional. Kindly spare few minutes of yours to tell me what should be the right way.

@mango_dolly @deusAdeeb @JohnSnow @IWRA -- sirs please help me out of this confusion as you are among the best knowledgeable persons here having pub ad. Thank you !

@mods i know there are many threads running for pub ad but pls dont close this thread for some time. Thanks.
·

Comments

• hello guys.
    i appeared for prelims last year but could not clear. so i dont have any personal experience of writing Mains with Public Administartion. Now i have decided to appear for cse 2017 so i have complete 1 year with me to prepare for exam and that's the reason i want your advice that whether i should go ahead with pub ad or should start preparing with some new optional. This year many people have cleared with Public Administration but a the same time i have seen many people who despite being selected earlier with pub ad could not score well with this optional - that means all is not well with this optional. Kindly spare few minutes of yours to tell me what should be the right way.

@mango_dolly @deusAdeeb @JohnSnow @IWRA -- sirs please help me out of this confusion as you are among the best knowledgeable persons here having pub ad. Thank you !

@mods i know there are many threads running for pub ad but pls dont close this thread for some time. Thanks.

Hello buddy...

Choosing optional is the most difficult task in CSE exam... PubAd is not doing well and there are hardly 6-8 students who have cleared with PubAd as optional .... This is mainly due to very tough nature of question paper, current based approach (you need to include the latest happening and report summaries of committees in the field of administration), lack of comprehensive material, a very tough competition(most toppers from this optional are very senior players and study 14-16hrs a day), lack of proper coaching(there used to be Vajiram and Ravi which was the best, but after new pattern and dynamic nature of paper, they have not able to cope with the changes brought about by the UPSC, Pavan's test series is good as the questions asked in his test series are of UPSC level but their coaching class is very bad according to the students) and also scaling... which decreases the PubAd marks

Now, since you are going for 2017 exam.. I have a very nice advice for you, you have almost one and half year for your mains exam... and that is more than enough to prepare for exam thoroughly.... I would give u criterias to chose your optional.... and weightages you must use to decide on those criterias... and may be then you can get an objective evaluation of your optional you would want to choose

1) What is your field of interest- Always pick what excites you cause IAS exam is a marathon and not a sprint which can be done away with pure muscle power. If you like what you read and enjoy it, then you can top it. Gaurav Agrawal, Rank 1, 2013, took the most unconventional optional which was Economics cause he liked it and he was good at it. The sheep mentality in UPSC doesnt work anymore, where everyone used to take PubAd and more than 60% of the selected students had PubAd as their optional. If you like your subject you can dig deeper and the optional wont be a burden to you. So pick up XII NCERT of any subject that you feel you like, and see if you are good at it. (Almost all subject has NCERT on it even Business Administration). And remember you should be able to learn even the most boring part of your chosen optional. Cause, every optional has a boring part. Even if you love History or Maths, there are many boring parts in it and thats what makes the mastery of optional very difficult. Give 5 weightage to it.

2) Availability of subject material - This is the second most important thing. If you cant acess great material, then the battle is already lost. You are done. Even with best brains and aptitude in the given optional you cant make it. There is dearth of good optional material in PubAd. No coaching has yet come up with comprehensive material on pubad adn claim that 90% of teh questions will be from their material or notes. Even the standard books are not enough. However in sociology, the material avaialable is very good as it is taught at university level throughout the world and you can get tonnes of material. Same is with Geography or maths etc. Give it 4 weightage

3) What you have already studied lessens your burden. Choosing an optional from your graduation year can be a great boost. As you are already familiar with the subject. All you have to do is expertise in that subject. Taking a new optional is not the best idea as you have to start from scratch and you will have to do 5 year course in one year. And also there is a very good probability that what you chose in graduation was mainly because you were good at it and so choosing that optional will help boost your performance, take less time, bore you less and will be less of a burden. Gaurav Agarawal chose Economics cause he had studied it extensively in his MBA program and also cause he was interested in it. This made it easier for him to concentrate on other new areas GS1 to GS4 and essay. Tina Dabi Rank 1, 2015 had studied Political science in her 10+2 and in graduation as well. ie 5 years of continuous exposure made her good in her optional and required lesser preperation and lesser time to develop writing skills needed for her optional sparing her more time for GS and Essay. Give it 4 weightage.

4) Dyanamic/Static nature of the subject. Very important in current scenario. The pattern of current exam is such that in dynamics subject such as PubAd and IR(International relations), the landscape is changing quickly. As you might have heard, PubAd is still not a fully developed subject and its roots are very new. And so a lot of new changes keep taking place. IR also changes very rapidly due to so many conferences and meetings. Thats why people are not able to get good marks in GS2 due to dynamic nature of subject IR. But IR still has the advantage of being discussed widely and so material is available. PubAd is an esoteric field, only understood by a few professors in IIPA or the working IAS at top rung of their job who have undergone good amount of training and very few reports. ARC 2 reports are out dated now. Almost 10 years have gone by. Static subjects such as Psycology, History, Maths etc are doing good in such new scenario. So, I will give this aspect 4 weightage

5) Availability of proper Guidance There is a need for proper guidance on your subject. It can be through a blog of topper or through coaching institute or through some topper you know and is ready to guide you. There is tonnes of material to be studied for optional and if you are not sure what to study and what to leave, you are going to decrease your cost-benefit ratio. In fact what you dont need to study is more important than what you need to study. Cause many times we study useless books and find our time is gone. Here guidance is very important. But still, if you have great enthusiasm for your optional and can analyse your weakness and concentrate on what to study without being affected by market forces(i.e. millions of books and magzines in market), then guidance may not be that important as happened with Gaurav Agarwal with his Economics optional. There was not much good optional guidance available but he still made it after studing million new papers from EPW. In PubAd also, good guidance is not available. So, I will give Guidance3 weightage.

6)Optional doing well This can be one way to choose. Sometimes UPSC does favour a few optionals. Antropology did great during the 1980s. During 1995-2000 it was science especially Maths. Then from 2002-2012, PubAd had a dream run. 2012-2014 Sociology, Philosophy and literature were doing good. Literature is still doing great. Law, Maths and Medical science are other optional that are doing great. Someone pointed out that for past 3 years, one question in Pali has been repeated every year. And students give special focus on that question and get good marks out of 25 marks. Also Literature according to many have very small syllabus and can be completed in 15days to 1 month leaving a lot of time for other subjects. Anthropology seems to make a comeback these years. That was one of the main reason, UPSC tried to delete the Literature optional in 2013 but public pressure forced them to make it stay. But, still I dont think that is a good way to choose optional. So if your choice of optional is within currently good optionals, you can give it a try. But you never know, UPSC can give stepmotherly treatment to any optional any year. This has happened to many and can happen to you. So, give UPSC current favourite optional 2 weightage.

After doing this objective exercise and reading basic NCERTs of optionals you are trying to chose for a week, you can arrive at an optional best suited for you. Good Luck
    ·
  • banksy_ said:

Hello buddy...
    Choosing optional is the most difficult task in CSE exam... PubAd is not doing well and there are hardly 6-8 students who have cleared with PubAd as optional .... This is mainly due to very tough nature of question paper, current based approach (you need to include the latest happening and report summaries of committees in the field of administration), lack of comprehensive material, a very tough competition(most toppers from this optional are very senior players and study 14-16hrs a day), lack of proper coaching(there used to be Vajiram and Ravi which was the best, but after new pattern and dynamic nature of paper,

I certainly DO NOT agree with items marked in bold above.

I have 6-8 people on my phone list who have cleared through pub ad this year and you're talking about all over India ? :o
    there is no lack of material - infact on the contrary, Pub ad is one subject which has huge study material list ..

senior players study 14-16 hrs a day .. if I may call myself senior (since i have given 3 attempts with pub ad) .. I studied hardly for 7-8 hrs and that too GS + pub .. For Paper 1 of pub ad I used to give 2-3 hrs and paper 2 I studied everything in last 1 week before exams and nothing apart from that !

lack of proper coaching - every nukkad will have a pub ad coaching centre .. there are more of them than rickshaws in old rajender nagar !

good luck !
    Indian Revenue Service
    अबकी बारी, ज़िला अधिकारी ||
    ·
  • banksy_ said:

Hello buddy...
    Choosing optional is the most difficult task in CSE exam... PubAd is not doing well and there are hardly 6-8 students who have cleared with PubAd as optional .... This is mainly due to very tough nature of question paper, current based approach (you need to include the latest happening and report summaries of committees in the field of administration), lack of comprehensive material, a very tough competition(most toppers from this optional are very senior players and study 14-16hrs a day), lack of proper coaching(there used to be Vajiram and Ravi which was the best, but after new pattern and dynamic nature of paper,

I have 6-8 people on my phone list who have cleared through pub ad this year and you're talking about all over India ? :o
    there is no lack of material - infact on the contrary, Pub ad is one subject which has huge study material list ..

senior players study 14-16 hrs a day .. if I may call myself senior (since i have given 3 attempts with pub ad) .. I studied hardly for 7-8 hrs and that too GS + pub .. For Paper 1 of pub ad I used to give 2-3 hrs and paper 2 I studied everything in last 1 week before exams and nothing apart from that !

lack of proper coaching - every nukkad will have a pub ad coaching centre .. there are more of them than rickshaws in old rajender nagar !

good luck !
    6 to 8 on your phone list... I think you have scoured the whole internet and added all those successful with Pub ad.... Please share the contacts in my message ... I would love to take their help in my only final attempt left... Also may be.. since i didnt scour the whole net and saw only those interviews which were easily available... it is quite possible that there might be more... around 15.. but definately not more... I just checked Pavan Kumar's website... All I can find is only 6 names... and the lowest rank is 570... So he has included almost all who cleared from his coaching(including those who did only test series).... and this is currently the best coaching for PubAd

Pub Ad has huge material list .... Good joke buddy... May be there are a lot of material... But quality material ... almost zero... Except MB and Arora and Arora... there is not much material available.... If You have good material please tell me the sources and how to include current affairs in answers... I will be highly grateful...

senior players study 14-16 hrs a day---- I mean those who clear and are serious aspriants... I myself have given 3 attempts .... and I hardly study more than 3-4 hrs a day .... And thats why I am not in the list.... I cant concentrate... Give me some tips... even 6-8 hrs will be a great boost for me..

lack of proper coaching --- how many selections per coaching??? I think there are around 50 coachings in Delhi for Pub ad as per ur every nukkad has a coaching... and even if they take one batch... and 200 person per batch ... that means 10000 students..... and for a quality coaching there might be at least 10% success ratio... That means 1000 students should have qualified.... Even Pavan's coaching doesnt have 20 students who qualified with PubAd optional(even after including those who joined his test series)... and it is currently considered the best coaching... How is that a quality coaching??? All those who clear do so because of their own hard work and not coaching material. I read an interview of a guy with under 50 rank. He said after prelims ... he studied 10 hrs for PubAd only cause he knew that if he didnt then he wont get selected.
    ·
  • 6 - 8 ppl cleard with pub ad??
    Are u talking about top 100??
    If not, then u do not know the reality!!
    I personally know 4 ppl excluding me who cleared from my state.

@Man_of_steel Pub ad will ensure u in the list, but to be in the top service n top cadre u need to master the subject. This is my two cents.

Rest follow other's advice.
    ·
  • microman said:

6 - 8 ppl cleard with pub ad??

@Man_of_steel Pub ad will ensure u in the list, but to be in the top service n top cadre u need to master the subject. This is my two cents.

I will get back to you after UPSC comes up with its annual report. 20 is maximum, I can say.... Pavan Coaching has only 6 on their website(including test series student).. and they are best... May be Vajiram has 6 more... and 6 more from other institutes.

how you know so many toppers. I dont even know one person who has qualified UPSC. May be there lies the difference between toppers and failures...
    ·
  • banksy_ said:

microman said:

I will get back to you after UPSC comes up with its annual report. 20 is maximum, I can say.... Pavan Coaching has only 6 on their website(including test series student).. and they are best... May be Vajiram has 6 more... and 6 more from other institutes.

how you know so many toppers. I dont even know one person who has qualified UPSC. May be there lies the difference between toppers and failures...
    7 ppl in top 100 with pub ad!!
    When u say max 20 selection from pub ad, only 13 in remaining 978 rank??

Now u decide the number of selection.
    Don't want upsc annual report to prove ur max 20 theory!!

I'm from one of the southern state.
    Never took any coaching or test series from any delhi institute, but still I'm able to clear.

So don't give false info n try to prove the info with samples from few coaching institutes.

Screenshot_2016-06-13-17-31-48.png
    1080 x 1920 - 245K
    ·
  • edited June 2016
    banksy_ said:

hello guys.

Hello buddy...

Choosing optional is the most difficult task in CSE exam... PubAd is not doing well and there are hardly 6-8 students who have cleared with PubAd as optional .... This is mainly due to very tough nature of question paper, current based approach (you need to include the latest happening and report summaries of committees in the field of administration), lack of comprehensive material, a very tough competition(most toppers from this optional are very senior players and study 14-16hrs a day), lack of proper coaching(there used to be Vajiram and Ravi which was the best, but after new pattern and dynamic nature of paper, they have not able to cope with the changes brought about by the UPSC, Pavan's test series is good as the questions asked in his test series are of UPSC level but their coaching class is very bad according to the students) and also scaling... which decreases the PubAd marks

Now, since you are going for 2017 exam.. I have a very nice advice for you, you have almost one and half year for your mains exam... and that is more than enough to prepare for exam thoroughly.... I would give u criterias to chose your optional.... and weightages you must use to decide on those criterias... and may be then you can get an objective evaluation of your optional you would want to choose

1) What is your field of interest- Always pick what excites you cause IAS exam is a marathon and not a sprint which can be done away with pure muscle power. If you like what you read and enjoy it, then you can top it. Gaurav Agrawal, Rank 1, 2013, took the most unconventional optional which was Economics cause he liked it and he was good at it. The sheep mentality in UPSC doesnt work anymore, where everyone used to take PubAd and more than 60% of the selected students had PubAd as their optional. If you like your subject you can dig deeper and the optional wont be a burden to you. So pick up XII NCERT of any subject that you feel you like, and see if you are good at it. (Almost all subject has NCERT on it even Business Administration). And remember you should be able to learn even the most boring part of your chosen optional. Cause, every optional has a boring part. Even if you love History or Maths, there are many boring parts in it and thats what makes the mastery of optional very difficult. Give 5 weightage to it.

2) Availability of subject material - This is the second most important thing. If you cant acess great material, then the battle is already lost. You are done. Even with best brains and aptitude in the given optional you cant make it. There is dearth of good optional material in PubAd. No coaching has yet come up with comprehensive material on pubad adn claim that 90% of teh questions will be from their material or notes. Even the standard books are not enough. However in sociology, the material avaialable is very good as it is taught at university level throughout the world and you can get tonnes of material. Same is with Geography or maths etc. Give it 4 weightage

3) What you have already studied lessens your burden. Choosing an optional from your graduation year can be a great boost. As you are already familiar with the subject. All you have to do is expertise in that subject. Taking a new optional is not the best idea as you have to start from scratch and you will have to do 5 year course in one year. And also there is a very good probability that what you chose in graduation was mainly because you were good at it and so choosing that optional will help boost your performance, take less time, bore you less and will be less of a burden. Gaurav Agarawal chose Economics cause he had studied it extensively in his MBA program and also cause he was interested in it. This made it easier for him to concentrate on other new areas GS1 to GS4 and essay. Tina Dabi Rank 1, 2015 had studied Political science in her 10+2 and in graduation as well. ie 5 years of continuous exposure made her good in her optional and required lesser preperation and lesser time to develop writing skills needed for her optional sparing her more time for GS and Essay. Give it 4 weightage.

4) Dyanamic/Static nature of the subject. Very important in current scenario. The pattern of current exam is such that in dynamics subject such as PubAd and IR(International relations), the landscape is changing quickly. As you might have heard, PubAd is still not a fully developed subject and its roots are very new. And so a lot of new changes keep taking place. IR also changes very rapidly due to so many conferences and meetings. Thats why people are not able to get good marks in GS2 due to dynamic nature of subject IR. But IR still has the advantage of being discussed widely and so material is available. PubAd is an esoteric field, only understood by a few professors in IIPA or the working IAS at top rung of their job who have undergone good amount of training and very few reports. ARC 2 reports are out dated now. Almost 10 years have gone by. Static subjects such as Psycology, History, Maths etc are doing good in such new scenario. So, I will give this aspect 4 weightage

5) Availability of proper Guidance There is a need for proper guidance on your subject. It can be through a blog of topper or through coaching institute or through some topper you know and is ready to guide you. There is tonnes of material to be studied for optional and if you are not sure what to study and what to leave, you are going to decrease your cost-benefit ratio. In fact what you dont need to study is more important than what you need to study. Cause many times we study useless books and find our time is gone. Here guidance is very important. But still, if you have great enthusiasm for your optional and can analyse your weakness and concentrate on what to study without being affected by market forces(i.e. millions of books and magzines in market), then guidance may not be that important as happened with Gaurav Agarwal with his Economics optional. There was not much good optional guidance available but he still made it after studing million new papers from EPW. In PubAd also, good guidance is not available. So, I will give Guidance3 weightage.

6)Optional doing well This can be one way to choose. Sometimes UPSC does favour a few optionals. Antropology did great during the 1980s. During 1995-2000 it was science especially Maths. Then from 2002-2012, PubAd had a dream run. 2012-2014 Sociology, Philosophy and literature were doing good. Literature is still doing great. Law, Maths and Medical science are other optional that are doing great. Someone pointed out that for past 3 years, one question in Pali has been repeated every year. And students give special focus on that question and get good marks out of 25 marks. Also Literature according to many have very small syllabus and can be completed in 15days to 1 month leaving a lot of time for other subjects. Anthropology seems to make a comeback these years. That was one of the main reason, UPSC tried to delete the Literature optional in 2013 but public pressure forced them to make it stay. But, still I dont think that is a good way to choose optional. So if your choice of optional is within currently good optionals, you can give it a try. But you never know, UPSC can give stepmotherly treatment to any optional any year. This has happened to many and can happen to you. So, give UPSC current favourite optional 2 weightage.

After doing this objective exercise and reading basic NCERTs of optionals you are trying to chose for a week, you can arrive at an optional best suited for you. Good Luck
    Thanks. i will consider these things

·
  • microman said:

banksy_ said:

microman said:

Never took any coaching or test series from any delhi institute, but still I'm able to clear.

So don't give false info n try to prove the info with samples from few coaching institutes.

Thanks for clarifying it.... Seems some hope still left for me then ... This is my last attempt.... I almost left preperation...

I also never took any coaching... Thanks for sharing this info.

Thanks
    ·
  • banksy_ said:

hello guys.

Hello buddy...

Thanks. i will consider these things

Good Luck.
    ·
  • banksy_ said:

banksy_ said:

Hello buddy...

good luck !
    6 to 8 on your phone list... I think you have scoured the whole internet and added all those successful with Pub ad.... Please share the contacts in my message ... I would love to take their help in my only final attempt left... Also may be.. since i didnt scour the whole net and saw only those interviews which were easily available... it is quite possible that there might be more... around 15.. but definately not more... I just checked Pavan Kumar's website... All I can find is only 6 names... and the lowest rank is 570... So he has included almost all who cleared from his coaching(including those who did only test series).... and this is currently the best coaching for PubAd

Pub Ad has huge material list .... Good joke buddy... May be there are a lot of material... But quality material ... almost zero... Except MB and Arora and Arora... there is not much material available.... If You have good material please tell me the sources and how to include current affairs in answers... I will be highly grateful...

senior players study 14-16 hrs a day---- I mean those who clear and are serious aspriants... I myself have given 3 attempts .... and I hardly study more than 3-4 hrs a day .... And thats why I am not in the list.... I cant concentrate... Give me some tips... even 6-8 hrs will be a great boost for me..

lack of proper coaching --- how many selections per coaching??? I think there are around 50 coachings in Delhi for Pub ad as per ur every nukkad has a coaching... and even if they take one batch... and 200 person per batch ... that means 10000 students..... and for a quality coaching there might be at least 10% success ratio... That means 1000 students should have qualified.... Even Pavan's coaching doesnt have 20 students who qualified with PubAd optional(even after including those who joined his test series)... and it is currently considered the best coaching... How is that a quality coaching??? All those who clear do so because of their own hard work and not coaching material. I read an interview of a guy with under 50 rank. He said after prelims ... he studied 10 hrs for PubAd only cause he knew that if he didnt then he wont get selected.

@banksy_ bhai @mango_dolly has cleared it twice and that too with good score in public administration so he's a senior as well as a serious player here.
    ·
  • microman said:

thanks @microman bhai

·
  • microman said:

banksy_ said:

microman said:

I searched a few days after final result was over.. and every one said that Goyal ji was topper from Pub Ad... and 2 more names were given in top 100.. so i figured on that basis that very poor result. But Now i see Goyalji is third topper. Great to see ppl within top 10. Last year the topper from Pub Ad was Rank 52.
    ·
  • banksy_ said:

Hello buddy...

good luck !
    @mango_dolly sir please throw some light :blush:

·
  • banksy_ said:

banksy_ said:

Hello buddy...

good luck !

@banksy_ bhai @mango_dolly has cleared it twice and that too with good score in public administration so he's a senior as well as a serious player here.
    @mango_dolly sorry bhai... galti se galti ho gayi... hame bhi kuch gyaan de... bahut phati hui hai meri ... Thanks
    ·
  • Average marks of Pub Ad was definately fown this year. It has become very risky. If you can change your Optional, you shouls as you have one year. But that cant be a sure shot guarntee as any other Optional may get this treatment in 2017.
    My watch has ended.
    ·
  • edited June 2016

@mango_dolly sir please throw some light :blush:

Like ? please ask a specific question ..

Me suggesting any book will not work because what will matter is what you write in those 180 minutes inside exam hall and that cannot be assured by reading any fixed book ! read any book but try to relate it to question asked !

My principal book has been Mohit Bhattacharya !

Core mantra if any for Pub Ad these days: Read less and think more and relate to current affairs the most !!

I could not study dedicatedly last year, due to personal reasons and therefore took max. budgeted time from Pub Ad Paper 2 and Ethics paper ! I studied for Paper 2 only for last 1 week and relied mostly on current affairs and managed to get 115 (though less but return on investment of 1 week is high) ..
    Indian Revenue Service
    ·
  • I have seen many answers of people writing on ForumIAS - which are so complex and of a level, majority of which goes off my head ! I have never ever written such answers in my exam and have stuck to simple and "popular notions" of thinkers and concepts !

Those high level answers may be fetching marks but even my simple answers are fetching marks so why tax yourself with such things !

You may argue that in Pub Ad these days you get questions in which half of the things you have never heard of .. true .. and I agree here !

.. but you will also agree that it is not humanely possible to catch up with UPSC examiners of Pub Ad and try and cover all their sources !

So the best strategy will be to stick to basic and revise them again and again and in exams .. when you come across a question which is off the mark .. try and read it couple of times to understand what it is trying to ask and then link it to some element of the question which you have understood and then write "basic understanding" about it ..

I have followed this approach since 2013 and it has not hampered me ..

what has hampered me is my slow pace of writing which is what I will target this year !

Good Luck !
    Indian Revenue Service
    ·
  • JohnSnow said:

Average marks of Pub Ad was definately fown this year. It has become very risky. If you can change your Optional, you shouls as you have one year. But that cant be a sure shot guarntee as any other Optional may get this treatment in 2017.

thanks @JohnSnow sir :blush: . Yes you are right that any optional can be butchered and pub ad has definitly performed better than last year this time.

·
  • I have seen many answers of people writing on ForumIAS - which are so complex and of a level, majority of which goes off my head ! I have never ever written such answers in my exam and have stuck to simple and "popular notions" of thinkers and concepts !

Those high level answers may be fetching marks but even my simple answers are fetching marks so why tax yourself with such things !

You may argue that in Pub Ad these days you get questions in which half of the things you have never heard of .. true .. and I agree here !

.. but you will also agree that it is not humanely possible to catch up with UPSC examiners of Pub Ad and try and cover all their sources !

So the best strategy will be to stick to basic and revise them again and again and in exams .. when you come across a question which is off the mark .. try and read it couple of times to understand what it is trying to ask and then link it to some element of the question which you have understood and then write "basic understanding" about it ..

I have followed this approach since 2013 and it has not hampered me ..

what has hampered me is my slow pace of writing which is what I will target this year !

Good Luck !

Thank you @mango_dolly sir for detailed reply :blush: . i will definitly remember your words during my journey with pub ad.

·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google