Registration : Open Test by ForumIAS – May 24 | Online + Offline FEW DAYS BEFORE THE PRELIMS by CSE Rank 373 : SURYAWANSHI MAYUR
Online/Offline Batch Enrollment For Focussed Foundation Program 2019 (limited seats available)
Click Here :- Details | Register | Download Brochure
Unacademy Plus - Live Classes by India’s Best Educators
Seats going fast for all UPSC CSE Prelim's 18 courses. Click on the below link for details -

(1) Last Lap Current Affairs for Prelims 2018           (2) Science and Technology for Mains 2018 & Prelims 2019
(3) Comprehensive module for Ancient, Medieval, Modern History - Pre+Mains    (4) Concepts + latest developments in Environment/Ecology (Pre & Mains)
(5) Class 6-12 NCERT Summary for all the Subjects -Mains 18 & Prelims 19     (6) Important Topics for Mains GS Paper 2 and 3
Learn from India’s Best Educators. Limited Seats! Register now

Telangana or A Unified AP ?

k91k91
edited July 2013 in Current Affairs
This is nothing political ,,, I just want you all put your points in favour of both the options and weigh in your sides.

Comments

• Points for Telengana:

1. Underdevelopment wrt rest of AP and natural claims of regional neglect
    2. Very long standing demand for separate statehood. Tons of protests f or Telengana especially centered around Osmania University and even in the hinterlands
    3. Smaller states easier to govern and faster to develop (eg Goa).
    4. Popular support from pro-Telengana groups.
    5. State reorganization is very much a constitutional exercise and many states have been broken up in the past, eg. carving out of Jharkhand, Uttarakhand, Chattisgadh. So why not Telengana as well?

Points against Telengana:

1. Might not have sufficient resources to be a self-sustained state.
    2. Huge expenses in dividing of the state
    3. Popular opinion against Telengana from pro-AP-state groups
    4. Small state is no guarantee for prosperity and development
    5. The issues of Hyderabad - which state would get it. Hyderabad is in Telengana territory but is the capital of AP.
    6. Other statehood claims like Gorkhaland, trifurcation of UP, etc would also want the same, leading to further problems for the centre.
    7. Too many states would make politics far more complicated. There might be problems of sharing natural resources.

My personal view :

Thank goodness I'm not a politician, and therefore, not "required" to take a stand. I'll be happy with whatever the wise people of AP and the Telengana movement decided amongst themselves. But I would be very unhappy if development is not taken up in Telengana on a need basis.
    Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
  • "Thank goodness I'm not a politician"
    @ArindamSarkar Nicely written and they have not kept it a secret that they want to take credit in everything about this. Well may the moral judgements of people prevail.
    Hesitating to act because the whole vision might not be achieved, or because others do not yet share it, is an attitude that only hinders progress.
  • in ap of all regions, development is more in telangana compared to other two regions after unification of the state. thats what the reason telangana leaders are asking the state. development of telangana is proved officially by sri krishna committee. Now telangana leaders asking the state on the basis of sentiment of the people which is dangerous to the integrity of the country...
  • 1) Unders
    Points for Telengana:

1. Underdevelopment wrt rest of AP and natural claims of regional neglect
    2. Very long standing demand for separate statehood. Tons of protests f or Telengana especially centered around Osmania University and even in the hinterlands
    3. Smaller states easier to govern and faster to develop (eg Goa).
    4. Popular support from pro-Telengana groups.
    5. State reorganization is very much a constitutional exercise and many states have been broken up in the past, eg. carving out of Jharkhand, Uttarakhand, Chattisgadh. So why not Telengana as well?

Points against Telengana:

1. Might not have sufficient resources to be a self-sustained state.
    2. Huge expenses in dividing of the state
    3. Popular opinion against Telengana from pro-AP-state groups
    4. Small state is no guarantee for prosperity and development
    5. The issues of Hyderabad - which state would get it. Hyderabad is in Telengana territory but is the capital of AP.
    6. Other statehood claims like Gorkhaland, trifurcation of UP, etc would also want the same, leading to further problems for the centre.
    7. Too many states would make politics far more complicated. There might be problems of sharing natural resources.

My personal view :

Thank goodness I'm not a politician, and therefore, not "required" to take a stand. I'll be happy with whatever the wise people of AP and the Telengana movement decided amongst themselves. But I would be very unhappy if development is not taken up in Telengana on a need basis.
    1) Underdevelopement not an issue of only telangana region of AP. There are many still in india which is underdeveloped even more then telangana. take the example of vidhrbha of maharashtra or saurashtra of gujraat. well this are few prominent example there are many more in india. So, how many parts we can divide in india. and after division it is feasible to keep india united. Now they are demanding state, In future on same issue they demand Nation.
    2) Smaller state are easier to govern no doubt about this but if we divide india more then what we can co-ordinate. Then it is not going to beneficial for anyone.
    3) There is no popular support for telangana issue. It is just some party and greedy politician who want power to came into power they are raising the issue, because united AP they never able to come in power. it is just political party who playing there politics with people feeling.
    4)Underdevelopement on what senses they are raising the issue. From past 66 year there is no developement. who is responsible for that......state goverment, central goverment or the representative who are elected from these area?...of course we can't blame state goverment...because hyderabaad, capital of AP fall in telangana..and how it is possible for some goverment that they don't developed their capital and surrounding area..but gone for developement of others area.
    Now, coming to central goverment, As already told telangana issue is not unique in india. there are other such issue like that. Hyderabaad is one of the best city of india. there are many top educational institute in AP, all of them belong to hyderabaad and surrounding area, which is termed as "telangana". So,I think central goverement not ignorant to telangana area.
    Now, coming to what done by MP and MLA for there region?...after all they are also part of goverment. So, goverment can't ignore them. They are also in minister post, then why they keep there area underdevelop..just for sake of a New state....also those who are not in goverment they are also getting fund through MPLADS scheme ( 5 crore/MP) , what developement they doing with that fund.

5) India got Goa many year latter after independce. so, Goa doesn't gone through state reorganisation process. So, Goa is not created on developement issue. From begining it is part of india just like that only.

Last but not the least, we all are not a politician, agree with that. but we are a literate citizen of world biggest democracy. so, if people like us separate ourself from politics. then, politics is playground of corrupt, selfish, greedy people who just use for there own benefit. So, separating ourself from politics is not the solution of situation.
  • Just putting forward stuff that I got from the media.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1110830/jsp/opinion/story_14413602.jsp

http://caravanmagazine.in/perspectives/telangana-factor

Don't shoot the aspirant. I've not taken any sides on this.
    Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
  • ya , your point are good..i am not opposing you
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog