MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

Important : Email subscriptions to Articles Posted on ForumIAS.com

edited June 2016 in Featured
Hi All,

ForumiAS takes up a few intiatives on the Study Portal. The link for it is http://forumias.com/portal

Those who would like to get automated emails as soon as a new article is uploaded, must subscribe to the form below.

http://forumias.com/portal/subscribe

We will end sending human written emails ( sent from ravi@forumias.com ) when new posts are created by June 30

Subscribing to this link will ensure that you get an automated email for every post.

This includes
  • The 9 PM Brief
  • Daily must read News Articles
  • Daily Subject Specific Quiz
  • Toppers Interviews
  • News Alerts regarding UPSC's important dates
We repeat again, that emails from ravi@forumias.com regarding posts will no longer be sent after June 30. Please subscribe to the below link to get instant updates from ForumIAS

http://forumias.com/portal/subscribe

Comments

• Why this subscription again?
  • Can't u guys make DB update with old subscriber's data. It ll b done overnight.

Lemme know if u need any IT specific help. I have requested change of my username to 'Eucalyptus' which wasn't entertained. Don't know why?

Shad is my real name and I joined this forum long ago when I was just contemplating whether to go for UPSC or not and gotta realise later that most of the users here are being anonymous.
  • Shad said:

Can't u guys make DB update with old subscriber's data. It ll b done overnight.

Lemme know if u need any IT specific help. I have requested change of my username to 'Eucalyptus' which wasn't entertained. Don't know why?

Shad is my real name and I joined this forum long ago when I was just contemplating whether to go for UPSC or not and gotta realise later that most of the users here are being anonymous.

No one would have thought that shad is your real name if you had not disclosed. :smile: :smile:
  • Shad said:

@mansi_pandey @Shad

Thank you for asking. We use some of the cheapest and most cost efficient services for sending emails. However, the costs for sending emails to over 1.5 lakh + people on a new post would mean 2 crores email per month.

This is costing us close to 1 million rupees per annum which is not sustainable.

So we have moed to Jetpack based free subscription. This will ensure emails as soon as new posts are written.

Jetback does not allow importing of existing lists, so we cannot automatically add you to the list. Hence people may need to resusbcribe.

Lastly, it will also help us concentrate on fewer but more loyal audience.

We are sorry, but we had to do this, as we explore ways and means to be more financially viable.
  • ForumIAS said:

Shad said:

@mansi_pandey @Shad

Thank you for asking. We use some of the cheapest and most cost efficient services for sending emails. However, the costs for sending emails to over 1.5 lakh + people on a new post would mean 2 crores email per month.

This is costing us close to 1 million rupees per annum which is not sustainable.

So we have moed to Jetpack based free subscription. This will ensure emails as soon as new posts are written.

Jetback does not allow importing of existing lists, so we cannot automatically add you to the list. Hence people may need to resusbcribe.

Lastly, it will also help us concentrate on fewer but more loyal audience.

We are sorry, but we had to do this, as we explore ways and means to be more financially viable.
    Okay. In that case, May I drop this ID but retain the email associated with it and make a new ID with my same email and subscribe you after 30th?
    Sorry, but it's quite cumbersome for me to maintain multiple personal email addresses.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog