"I really don't think there is anything that is better structured and more interactive in regard to Mains than the ForumIAS Mains Guidance Program." - Mitali Sethi (IAS-2016, AIR-56)
MGP Schedule C - Admissions Open Now!
Click here to read more
*Limited Seats. First Come, First Serve basis only.

ForumIAS Community Meet #1 -Videos Now Available

Comments

• @Neyawn @yoga123 and all others. Thanks for organising such a nice event. Thanks @kachra sir for sharing your thoughts and experience with us.
    And Thank you so much @crazyphoton sirji. Thanks for giving your time. :)
    Karma - the Panacea
    ·
  • Most interesting event was..somebody stole batua of root. Condemned to penury, forced to walk with a tore pocket, ashamed to announce his carelessness, root decided to beg for few pennies from a petty moderator who in hope of being elevated to super mod conceded finally.

Root has learned his lesson..that wearing a baggy pants is cool in music video but not in real life :p

Root ki root ukhad di kisne :D
    Waise this incident is v bad and if somebody might have took it by mistake,bhailog de do root ko,taki root ki green shoot aa jaye.
    ·
  • Most interesting event was..somebody stole batua of root. Condemned to penury, forced to walk with a tore pocket, ashamed to announce his carelessness, root decided to beg for few pennies from a petty moderator who in hope of being elevated to super mod conceded finally.

Root has learned his lesson..that wearing a baggy pants is cool in music video but not in real life :p

I am not surprised. Afterall money is the root of all evil.
    A Lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
    ·

I am not surprised. Afterall money is the root of all evil.
    My first slang here, but bkcd Ho bhai. Hehe . Just saw off Gaurav . Tired . . Will update tomorrow.

Jamie tum milo aake kabhi.
    *No good deed goes unpunished*
    ·
  • edited May 2016
    SUDOKU said:

It was one of best seminar/meet attended by me . I am grateful to efforts of forumias for availing us such a great opportunity to explore. It was an unique experience from every angle as above mentioned speeches by @kachra @garauv were moved everyone there.
    @kachra or abhishek sir was in opinion that its your niyat that is major source to sustain ur tempo against all odds.
    And garauv sir's speech was so touchy that students in my row tried hard to stop their tears. Girl siting near me was crying unstoppingly. You may be thinking , kya dealing dera h . It is 100 taka true, you should refer his speech. He gave a apt picture that what an officer means to people at ground and how gloomy picture on ground which not even 1% o wre aware of.
    Listening his speech was worth to attend this meet. I wish best of luck to forumias and their team to making our sunday.

Post session, everyone (selected person) ) were so humble to share their points comprehensively made me Believe that to be an officer one quality we should have before we think to write this exam : humility !!
    Thank you guys !!

+1
    Indeed it was very touchy... and infact this is the sheer reality beyond the city life... This is where we should aspire to bring change..
    ·
  • SUDOKU said:

And garauv sir's speech was so touchy that students in my row tried hard to stop their tears. Girl siting near me was crying unstoppingly. You may be thinking , kya dealing dera h . It is 100 taka true, you should refer his speech. He gave a apt picture that what an officer means to people at ground and how gloomy picture on ground which not even 1% o wre aware of.
    Listening his speech was worth to attend this meet. I wish best of luck to forumias and their team to making our

Thank you for the picturesque description :)
    Hope the video is uploaded soon, for those of us who missed the event!
    ·
  • nexgen said:

SUDOKU said:

Listening his speech was worth to attend this meet. I wish best of luck to forumias and their team to making our

Thank you for the picturesque description :)
    Hope the video is uploaded soon, for those of us who missed the event!
    +1
    ·
  • edited May 2016

Most interesting event was..somebody stole batua of root. Condemned to penury, forced to walk with a tore pocket, ashamed to announce his carelessness, root decided to beg for few pennies from a petty moderator who in hope of being elevated to super mod conceded finally.

+1
    Gajab likhe hai pandey ji.
    ·
  • Gift me kya mila bhaiyon :grimace:

Autograph of Soman Raini ;)

Akal Mrityu Vo Mare Jo Karm Kare Chandaal Ka.......Kaal Uska Kya Kare Jo Bhakt Ho MAHAKAL Ka
    ·
  • I don't think there were any dry eyes when gaurav sir spoke.. huge inspiration sir! hats off to you. big thanks to forumias for a flawless event.
    ·
  • @Sir_Potassium_Pandey ji spectrum ki line lag rahi h ... ;)
    ·
  • On account of Indian Broadband speed alone i think it will take a day to upload the video.
    ·
  • Thought that it would be just like any other seminar but seing the comments here it seems that i missed a golden opportunity..... :( chalo koi nahi video dekh kar hi kam chala lenge..
    ·
  • dcc said:

@Sir_Potassium_Pandey ji spectrum ki line lag rahi h ... ;)

hahahaha!! You are a clever one! Mai soch raha tha koi to pahchane waise..line exactly ye nahi hai ye modified hai..aur originally Bipinchandra ki hai spectrum ne to bas nakal ki hai :p
    Why to be a "dahi bhalla" when you can become fried split black gram dumpling smothered with sweetened yoghurt, tamarind and mint sauce.
    ·
  • dcc said:

hahahaha!! You are a clever one! Mai soch raha tha koi to pahchane waise..line exactly ye nahi hai ye modified hai..aur originally Bipinchandra ki hai spectrum ne to bas nakal ki hai :p
    Plight of zamidars on purview of 1857
    ·
  • dcc said:

i was awestruck by your literary skills .your clever use deserves ovation.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Just keep doing , things will fall in place .
    ·
  • Anyone here got a selfie with Gaurav ? Please share :-)
    *No good deed goes unpunished*
    ·

Root has learned his lesson..that wearing a baggy pants is cool in music video but not in real life :p <.
    Music videos wale cool baggy pants .. Reminds me of Falguni Pathak ..

·
  • when most admin machinery is not concerned abt the plight of poor...when neta the chosen represntative is not concerned abt the wrinkled old men women in remote villages... local mla mlc gram pradhan thinks u as their secratary...how can we bring abt change in society...
    a practicle answer .. i am a govt oficer bt not ias.
    ·
  • when most admin machinery is not concerned abt the plight of poor...when neta the chosen represntative is not concerned abt the wrinkled old men women in remote villages... local mla mlc gram pradhan thinks u as their secratary...how can we bring abt change in society...
    a practicle answer .. i am a govt oficer bt not ias.

Nobody can tell you THE ANSWER. You have to toil physically and mentally to find it. Had there been any ready-made answers for everything, human life would not have been this miserable. You can ask Gaurav Agrawal "how to get rank 1" he may tell you everything very honestly..but this does not mean you shall become rank 1 next year...actually this never happens.
    Why to be a "dahi bhalla" when you can become fried split black gram dumpling smothered with sweetened yoghurt, tamarind and mint sauce.
    ·
  • isnt earning enough and donating them to some poor ppl in villages make thier life better...
    ias officer may not chose to go to community health centre at any remote village..because his coming could make some work but shortage of staff medicine and equipment he cant fix in thise CHC... ias officer has less power to get things done at grass root in prqctical sense becoz ppl r not willing to work in such places... so DM is coming roumour helps do some work at CHC but no officer can help get work done at grass root level..soon a high energy oficer gets to know k kuch nahi badalne wala...

i hv seen it all so that kind of demotivates me.
    ·
  • isnt earning enough and donating them to some poor ppl in villages make thier life better...
    ias officer may not chose to go to community health centre at any remote village..because his coming could make some work but shortage of staff medicine and equipment he cant fix in thise CHC... ias officer has less power to get things done at grass root in prqctical sense becoz ppl r not willing to work in such places... so DM is coming roumour helps do some work at CHC but no officer can help get work done at grass root level..soon a high energy oficer gets to know k kuch nahi badalne wala...

i hv seen it all so that kind of demotivates me.

First of all get rid of this utopian moral sense that you are going to be last harbinger of morality in this world..and no prophet will ever be required to mend the distorted affairs oh humans. You are best among the human race if you are moral and have a deep sense of duty...but you may turn fool in a snap if you think you can make world the way you want it to be...it's goodness but a foolish goodness!

have you read "difficulty of being good"? have you read Geeta? have you pondered upon the dialogue "one has to pay price for being good" in movie "Apharan"? did you ever search the meaning of world "naive" when you come across it?

·
  • so whts ur take sir pottassium pandey
    your idea of doing good .. i never said i am harbinger of goodness or duty or morality.

it seems i hv said somthing to hurt u. but believe me i am telling you wht i have seen all thre is no value judgement in them..just fact and thoughtful questn on the situations thus seen.
    ·
  • so whts ur take sir pottassium pandey
    your idea of doing good .. i never said i am harbinger of goodness or duty or morality.

it seems i hv said somthing to hurt u. but believe me i am telling you wht i have seen all thre is no value judgement in them..just fact and thoughtful questn on the situations thus seen.

basic problem is such good thoughts occur only till you enter the service. After that motive changes. Gaurav agrawal has also turned into a hardcore right winger from the liberal he was two years ago.
    ·
  • actually want to know more abt how it feels to be an SDM/DM ..an honest extension of gaurav agarwal sirs experience that made evryone shed tears..
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google