43 out of 86 MGP 2016 Students Appeared for their first Interview in CSE 2016. ForumIAS MGP 2017 ADMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN

ForumIAS MGP 2017 New Batch Admissions Plan Details and Admission Links are now ACTIVE, along with our performance of MGP 2016 in terms of conversion into interview calls for Mains Appearing Candidates.Click here to join NOW!

ForumIAS Community Meet #1 -Videos Now Available

Comments

• All the best guys. Hope you have fun. Wanted badly to come but a family event ruined it for me.

But I think this is just a start. ForumIAS will be a more tightly knit community if we do such events more often.
    My watch has ended.
    ·
  • gr8 session . Thank u ForumIAS team
    ·
  • Will you share it on YouTube for those who couldn't travel to Delhi?
    ·
  • Amazing session....thank you @Neyawn @yoga123 and others for organising this meet..:)
    ·
  • Great session... @Kachra gave meaningful insights on the preparation. All the best to him in academy.
    @crazyphoton gaurav Aggarwal sir is gem of a person and his speech was really inspirational.

Thanks forumias for this event
    The farther I go, tougher it gets
    The tougher it gets, determined I become
    ·
  • @Neyawn and all it was awesome event.And yes Gaurav sir is gem.
    @Kachra u are not kachra :D ,you rocked the session.

Forum should organize more session like this.
    ·
  • Amazing session.....many many thanks for organizing this meet....great learning experience..
    ·
  • Minutes of meet likho koi
    PS- some serious students write notes in every class :D

+1

Eagerly waiting for the video link
    सर झुकाओगे तो पत्थर देवता हो जाएगा
    इतना मत चाहो उसे, वो बेवफ़ा हो जाएगा |

हम भी दरिया हैं, हमें अपना हुनर मालूम है
    जिस तरफ भी चल पड़ेंगे, रास्ता हो जाएगा ||
    ·
  • edited May 2016
    What were my apprehensions before the session?
    I had a notion that it would be some regular toppers talk where there would be very little to take back.
    I thought it can be watched on the video as well.
    What actually happened?
    Good number of people showed up . The venue was well organised with proper ventilation .However due to shortage of space some people had to sit in the other room but still the speaker's voice was clearly audible in both the rooms.
    After a good opening by Neyawn, Kachra i.e Abhishek pandey took over the stage and presented some insightful talk. He emphasized on the need to remain happy throughout the exam and failure is not a question on your capability .Its just the conditions around that sometimes play their role.
    As kachra said the preparation for this exam is more personailsed .Thats why he could achieve all this in his first attempt though involving paucity of time. He accepts prelims is scarier than the other stages of this exam.
    Siddharth jain took over the mike and spoke on the regular things which can be seen on his videos on other platforms as well.
    USP of this session was Gaurav Agarwal sir's speech . He presented the ground reality of what it takes to work in a remote area of Rajasthan .This dominated the first part of his speech.
    Presently he is posted in jhalawar district in some remote village which has a power cut of 5-6 hours. AC and cooler are luxuries there. the administration is understaffed and the society is plagued with the problems of child marriage , dismal learning outcomes of govt school students, hospitals with no doctors and much more. Implementing schemes in the rural areas needs a lot of effort from the SDM of the area .It was eye opener to everyone hoping for the IAS , because not just Rajasthan its the story of every SDM in every state. The atmosphere is actually very challenging.
    Whats propells him or every other SDM in his position are those innocent eyes in a fragile body hoping for justice from the indiviudal in that office. These poor fellows out of sheer will, travel miles and miles in scorching heat daily ,from several years to get their right. And only that person(ias here) can fulfil it. ( personally i would regard him next to god if i'am in the position of that poor farmer or lady widow)
    Than prizes were distributed to the rankers.
    My take on this session :
    I'm thankful to forumias for inviting people to such a great forum .
    The situation is dismal in every state . Because no state of india can be regarded as a fully developed state. The beginning years would be tough ,be it IAS or IPS. The ground reality often goes unnoticed in the hindu newspaper. Thats why attrition rate is also high during this time.
    I wonder situation in chattisgarh or north east would be much more tougher where terrorism is another challenge in addition to a non native SDM.

video of the session has been recorded.
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Just keep doing , things will fall in place .
    ·
  • link please
    ·
  • Tushar . said:

What were my apprehensions before the session?
    I had a notion that it would be some regular toppers talk where there would be very little to take back.
    I thought it can be watched on the video as well.
    What actually happened?
    Good number of people showed up . The venue was well organised with proper ventilation .However due to shortage of space some people had to sit in the other room but still the speaker's voice was clearly audible in both the rooms.
    After a good opening by Neyawn, Kachra i.e Abhishek pandey took over the stage and presented some insightful talk. He emphasized on the need to remain happy throughout the exam and failure is not a question on your capability .Its just the conditions around that sometimes play their role.
    As kachra said the preparation for this exam is more personailsed .Thats why he could achieve all this in his first attempt though involving paucity of time. He accepts prelims is scarier than the other stages of this exam.
    Siddharth jain took over the mike and spoke on the regular things which can be seen on his videos on other platforms as well.
    USP of this session was Gaurav Agarwal sir's speech . He presented the ground reality of what it takes to work in a remote area of Rajasthan .This dominated the first part of his speech.
    Presently he is posted in jhalawar district in some remote village which has a power cut of 5-6 hours. AC and cooler are luxuries there. the administration is understaffed and the society is plagued with the problems of child marriage , dismal learning outcomes of govt school students, hospitals with no doctors and much more. Implementing schemes in the rural areas needs a lot of effort from the SDM of the area .It was eye opener to everyone hoping for the IAS , because not just Rajasthan its the story of every SDM in every state. The atmosphere is actually very challenging.
    Whats propells him or every other SDM in his position are those innocent eyes in a fragile body hoping for justice from the indiviudal in that office. These poor fellows out of sheer will, travel miles and miles in scorching heat daily ,from several years to get their right. And only that person(ias here) can fulfil it. ( personally i would regard him next to god if i'am in the position of that poor farmer or lady widow)
    Than prizes were distributed to the rankers.
    My take on this session :
    I'm thankful to forumias for inviting people to such a great forum .
    The situation is dismal in every state . Because no state of india can be regarded as a fully developed state. The beginning years would be tough ,be it IAS or IPS. The ground reality often goes unnoticed in the hindu newspaper. Thats why attrition rate is also high during this time.
    I wonder situation in chattisgarh or north east would be much more tougher where terrorism is another challenge in addition to a non native SDM.

video of the session has been recorded.

+1
    ·
  • Hi.how can i use this app.. plz say..
    ·
  • have anyone uploaded the session in youtube
    plz share the link :)
    ·
  • It was one of best seminar/meet attended by me . I am grateful to efforts of forumias for availing us such a great opportunity to explore. It was an unique experience from every angle as above mentioned speeches by @kachra @garauv were moved everyone there.
    @kachra or abhishek sir was in opinion that its your niyat that is major source to sustain ur tempo against all odds.
    And garauv sir's speech was so touchy that students in my row tried hard to stop their tears. Girl siting near me was crying unstoppingly. You may be thinking , kya dealing dera h . It is 100 taka true, you should refer his speech. He gave a apt picture that what an officer means to people at ground and how gloomy picture on ground which not even 1% o wre aware of.
    Listening his speech was worth to attend this meet. I wish best of luck to forumias and their team to making our sunday.

Post session, everyone (selected person) ) were so humble to share their points comprehensively made me Believe that to be an officer one quality we should have before we think to write this exam : humility !!
    Thank you guys !!
    ·
  • Seems like a great event. Do post the video today itself if possible :#
    Video would be a huge hit no doubt.
    ·
  • So many teasers are there, please post the video fast :weary:

haha... people in the real world are saying the same for game of thrones episodes... what a sad state of affairs we are in.
    Sorry about the sapphires.
    ·
  • @Neyawn
    Please let us know whether a video of the session was recorded or not.
    That way, we can decide whether to wait in anticipation or book tickets for Delhi for the next year's meet. :tongue:

Yes it was recorded @DrKingSchultz
    Karma - the Panacea
    ·
  • @silvermoon Expected release date? :p
    ·
  • Link
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google