ForumIAS New Batch Announcement 

MGP Batch C: (Starts 25th January, Ends 17th September)       PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 
MGP + Batch C: (Starts 25th January, Ends 17th September)    PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 
MGP Batch C (Rapid): (Starts 25th Jan, Ends 19th Apr)              PLAN DOCUMENT        PAYMENT LINK 

ForumIAS Community Meet #1 -Videos Now Available

15678911»

Comments

• alka said:

Etat said:

alka said:

I think mine is the closest. I used to pronounce "Neon" as in neon colors, something like this :p

Me three. :p

That fluorescent yellow just reinforced the idea. :D
    How yea doing, @Etat? And yeah, Neon Yellow fluorescent glow in dark t-shirt.

Like HP no longer means Hewlett Packard, Neon would no longer mean Neon on Forumias, just Neyawn. >:) >:)
    I'm doing alright. You?
    Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
  • Etat said:

One more important query.. hope i get a satisfactory answer !!..

WHO IS @root OUT OF THESE YELLOW T-SHIRTS ??...anybody ?? @Neyawn sir g?? .. ya fir Root ko bulana bhul gye..jese shadiyo m aksr hota h..bahr wale sb ko yaad kr kr k bula lete h ghar m se koi khaas 6ut hi jaata h bina invitation :D

That's an account. Sometimes they let @Neyavaan use it too. :p Don't ask who 'they' are. I can tell you but then I'll have to kill you.
    Haha..okk dada..I WILL NOT ASK :D Kingsman Secret Services should always remain Secret onlyyy :)
    Being IAS... 4 U Onlyyy... :-)
  • @Etat I am doing fantabulous.

I have an ex-student, he is 6. On phone, when I ask him the same thing, he says, thik hn (m alright). Then I will say, beta, that's not how we say it. Please say, acha hn (I am doing great).

It might seem a diversion here, but I learnt it from Alex Sir (Mr Alex Paul Menon), when he addressed few of us in Delhi. He told that while he was preparing, he used to tell everyone "m doing great", irrespective of how he really felt. And it works.

Hope it helps all of us.
  • One more important query.. hope i get a satisfactory answer !!..

WHO IS @root OUT OF THESE YELLOW T-SHIRTS ??...anybody ?? @Neyawn sir g?? .. ya fir Root ko bulana bhul gye..jese shadiyo m aksr hota h..bahr wale sb ko yaad kr kr k bula lete h ghar m se koi khaas 6ut hi jaata h bina invitation :D

That's an account. Sometimes they let @Neyavaan use it too. :p Don't ask who 'they' are. I can tell you but then I'll have to kill you.

Haha..okk dada..I WILL NOT ASK :D Kingsman Secret Services should always remain Secret onlyyy :)

@etat are you planning to reveal the justice league all at one go? :tongue:
    *No good deed goes unpunished*
  • BANE_007 said:

@crazyphoton gaurav sir k baare m kya hi kahein, likr neywan said, mere parents ye chahte the ki mai bada hoke gaurav agarwal banu, but i became myself. :p
    & @Neyawn sir, you organised it very well.
    Rofl moment was when that girl got disbalanced while meeting gaurav sir and neyawn comments on that.

although i feel that comment like "was it intentional?" was avoidable, even when said in a kidding manner!
    Like any human, i'm also looking for love and validation.
    Pre: 2; Mains: 1
  • CHANGEZ said:

BANE_007 said:

@crazyphoton gaurav sir k baare m kya hi kahein, likr neywan said, mere parents ye chahte the ki mai bada hoke gaurav agarwal banu, but i became myself. :p
    Rofl moment was when that girl got disbalanced while meeting gaurav sir and neyawn comments on that.

although i feel that comment like "was it intentional?" was avoidable, even when said in a kidding manner!
    Yup he kept on pulling her leg for a while even after the comment, but the girl took it quite sportingly.
  • BANE_007 said:

CHANGEZ said:

BANE_007 said:

Yup he kept on pulling her leg for a while even after the comment, but the girl took it quite sportingly.
    Bane bhai,kayde se video dekha hai poora.Maine 29 minute hee dekha.
    @BANE_007
    Bakayit,hum to poora feel leke dekhe hai, inspiration ki firaq m the na
  • "THE HERD MENTALITY & HYPE CREATED BY MEDIA"

Jab video mein gaurav agarwal kehte h ki " ias bnna tha...pr kyu bnna tha wo nhi ptaa tha" ya fir jb Tina dabi kehti h ki wo class 11th se ias ka preparation kr rhi thi ....to bs ek hi baat smjh mein aati h - "herd mentality".
    Ya to family walo ne kaha ias ban jao ya fir sharma ji ka beta dus saal pehle IAS bnaa tha....dekho aaj wo DM h. Uske power dekho and ye dekho wo dekho.

Apne desh ka sbse bada issue h ki bacho ko grow krne nhi diya jata taaki wo apne interest ko jaan sake. Par unko hmesa bacha bnaakr rakha jaata h aur class 11th se hi ias bnne k sapne dekhne ko kaha jata. Dont explore ur interest but join a college and the course which will help u cracking the exam. Bacha paida hua nhi aur unki career ki planning shuru.

Citi bank mein with no less than 70 lac salary, people return to India. Yahan swadesh movie wali koi incident bhi nhi hui thi. But definitely economic crisis of 2008-09 and share market mein paisa doobna with family pressure was the reason. Few people come to know "why they wanted to be an ias" after they become ias. Par kuch log honest bhi hote h, as they have the evils of the society with their naked eyes. Ek banda PHD krke USA se aaya aur gaaon mein electrcity generate kr rha h that too from husk. i think he shud hv also joined IAS.

I see that everyone says ias isliye bnna h taaki smaaj seva, desh seva wo seva ye seva krna h....class 11th mein to hme sirf yahi ptaa tha ki fauji hi desh ki seva krta h. Fir jb sabhi top krte h to news channel k interview mein kehte h, i want to become a role model. This seems to me very childish...they have not even joined...not even worked anywhere. Bina system ka internal structure jaane huye log itni saari baatein krte h. kuch naye ias officer ki harkat fb pr to aur bhi ajeeb hoti h except some people like SHAH FAESAL etc. Ye naye log to post krte h office ki pic " dekho maine aaj ye kaam kiye ...wo kaam kiya.... ye mera cabin h , etc."

sach to ye lagta h ki jo mangalyaan bnaa rhe ya jo CERN mein ....bina soye hue lagaatar kaam kr rhe h...asli deshbhakt to wo h .....jo puri duniya ke liye kaam kr rhe h....baaki ias to sirf media ka hype machaya hua h ....varna un researcher k bina to ye forumias ka server bhi nhi exist kr paata.

For ex: hmaare desh ki jara cyber cell ki haalat dekhiye... apne yahan dhang ke hackers nhi h....kyunki sbko bachpan se hi engineer aur ias aur doctor bnna h.

"THE HERD MENTALITY"
  • alka said:

@Etat I am doing fantabulous.

I have an ex-student, he is 6. On phone, when I ask him the same thing, he says, thik hn (m alright). Then I will say, beta, that's not how we say it. Please say, acha hn (I am doing great).

It might seem a diversion here, but I learnt it from Alex Sir (Mr Alex Paul Menon), when he addressed few of us in Delhi. He told that while he was preparing, he used to tell everyone "m doing great", irrespective of how he really felt. And it works.

Hope it helps all of us.

Excellent. :)
    Prelims : 2/5; Mains : 0/2; Interview : 0; Remainder : 1+1 (Tired but not; Retired) / Medical Science / Kolkata / Nihilist extraordinaire | Thanks a lot...
  • Neyawn said:

One more important query.. hope i get a satisfactory answer !!..

@etat are you planning to reveal the justice league all at one go? :tongue:

No way. I signed the omerta. :p
  • @sine .. You have the nail on the head.absolutely right :)
  • That is hit the nail on the head.
  • Thank you for sharing the video!
    1st attempt - 2018, Optional Med Sc
  • There are only perspectives!!!
    Why to be a "dahi bhalla" when you can become fried split black gram dumpling smothered with sweetened yoghurt, tamarind and mint sauce.
  • @Neyawn sir.. main bhi pehli baar sahi naam pronounce kar paaya hun aapka.. matrix wala connection ab pata chala.. aapka real name ayush hai na?

@Neyawn sir.. reply to karo :smiley: :smiley:

Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog