How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!

A Brief History of Modern India – spectrum pub

which Chapter’s important from
" A Brief History of Modern India – spectrum pub"
according to ias syllabus point of view ???
A 18y girl who just passout her 12th..& ready to Flying 4r her sky .. my main aim is to clear CSE without takeing any coaching...that's why i joined forumias platform ..so i get guidance from senior experince member like u people...so plz treat me like ur younger Sibling..my every question in this forum is just 4r confirming whether my effort's & hardwork going to right direction...or wasteing time to touching unnecessary topic which not worth 4r me in future... ...thankyou 4r u guidance and support

Comments

• Read 1st 2 and last 2 pages..enough..
  • which Chapter’s important from

Chapters 1 to 8 @lavanyaktr Skim over the rest

I can identify a newbie from a lineup of 200 guys with my eyes closed. In your 1st attempt you are giving "IAS ka exam" and you will settle for nothing less than IAS. By the 3rd or 4th you are giving Civils or UPSC exam and are happy even if you get IPS*.

Read Spectrum Ahir cover to cover and add ncert for parts between 1700-1857.

*Postal not Police
    A Lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
    https://www.facebook.com/jaime.kngslyr.1
    contactjaime123@gmail.com
    twitter @contactjaime123
    My Book https://www.amazon.in/dp/B07B2N695F
  • Which chapter? :o

You got to read and digest the book from cover to cover. It's already brief, you can't be more selective further.
  • Kya 'a brief history of modern india' aur hindi ki 'adhunik bharat ka itihas' ye dono ek hi books h ya alag h

I can identify a newbie from a lineup of 200 guys with my eyes closed. In your 1st attempt you are giving "IAS ka exam" and you will settle for nothing less than IAS. By the 3rd or 4th you are giving Civils or UPSC exam and are happy even if you get IPS*.

*Postal not Police
    :D
    pre - 2, mains - 1*

*Postal not Police
    forget about indian postal service...most people wud settle even with संविदा शिक्षक वर्ग 3।they dont even try for वर्ग 1 exam hahh.
    "revision is just like a paan leaves
    if it wudn't be turned continously it wud have rotten

similarly... if the revision has n't been done repeatedly it wud have forgotten".

• Which chapter? :o

You got to read and digest the book from cover to cover. It's already brief, you can't be more selective further.

Somewhere I have seen summary of Spectrum History
  • Lannister bhai ne bilkul Sahi kaha B)
    When the going gets tough, the tough gets going :)
  • Kya 'a brief history of modern india' aur hindi ki 'adhunik bharat ka itihas' ye dono ek hi books h ya alag h

@vivekias2016 dono ek hi hai
    A 18y girl who just passout her 12th..& ready to Flying 4r her sky .. my main aim is to clear CSE without takeing any coaching...that's why i joined forumias platform ..so i get guidance from senior experince member like u people...so plz treat me like ur younger Sibling..my every question in this forum is just 4r confirming whether my effort's & hardwork going to right direction...or wasteing time to touching unnecessary topic which not worth 4r me in future... ...thankyou 4r u guidance and support

*Postal not Police
    LOL :D :D :D :D :D

That was hilarious SIr hahahah IPS with an astreik :D EPIC :D
    Too good it made my eyes coming out of the socket..... He could be our next Crazy Phothon:p
  • Summary of summary bhai kuch mat Karo... Vision Kar lo.. 30 questions Kar loge.... 30 mai guess karna
  • Bachpan mai game kehtey they naa doodle wohi khelna aap. We guys are oiling our lamp and people looking for shortcuts
  • Summary of summary bhai kuch mat Karo... Vision Kar lo.. 30 questions Kar loge.... 30 mai guess karna

Hahah log ab spectrum m bhi shortcut maar re hai, ek samay aisa tha jb log bipan chandra ratt k jaya krte the..pta ni kitni mehnat ki hogi
  • If you are starting now then read only NCERTS for history
    CSE 2016 Indian Police Service ( IPS )

CSE 2017 Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
  • I have read bipin Chandra (the bigger book) but do not remember the small facts and details in the chapters. Do I need to read Spectrum as well too? Or is there an alternative?
    Time is short isiliye thoda problem hai..
  • I have read bipin Chandra (the bigger book) but do not remember the small facts and details in the chapters. Do I need to read Spectrum as well too? Or is there an alternative?

@BANE_007 @killer_queen @Captain_Peroxide Need ytour advice on this.
  • For

I have read bipin Chandra (the bigger book) but do not remember the small facts and details in the chapters. Do I need to read Spectrum as well too? Or is there an alternative?

Forget Mr. Chandra atm.. Concentrate on spectrum it's a small book having 408 pages.. In contrast to Mr Chandra 250 pages.. So it has helped people to sail through the ocean.... Plus u dnt remember small things from Mr. Chandra....

*Postal not Police
    roflol

@rkr06 @Jaime_Lannister @LBSNAA @BANE_007 @Truly Urzz with due respect ...sir sorry 4r correction its bhen not bhai...& i m just 18y 12th passout .. my main aim is to clear CSE without takeing any coaching...thats why i asking what to read by ias syllabus point of view...its doesn't mean i search sortcut..i just confirming whether my effort's & hardwork going to right direction...or wasteing time to touching unnecessary topic which not worth 4r me in future...that"s why i joined forumias platform ..so i get guidance from senior experince member like u people...thankyou 4r u guidance and support

@rkr06 @Jaime_Lannister @LBSNAA @BANE_007 @Truly Urzz with due respect ...sir sorry 4r correction its bhen not bhai...& i m just 18y 12th passout .. my main aim is to clear CSE without takeing any coaching...thats why i asking what to read by ias syllabus point of view...its doesn't mean i search sortcut..i just confirming whether my effort's & hardwork going to right direction...or wasteing time to touching unnecessary topic which not worth 4r me in future...that"s why i joined forumias platform ..so i get guidance from senior experince member like u people...thankyou 4r u guidance and support
    For the moment lavanya a serious advice if you want to give pre this year then buy spectrum I am sure you won't do that... So when talking about history it goes like this way... Ancient medival modern... For ancient buy ncert r. S Sharma for medival Satish Chandra or Romina Thapar. For modern bipin Chandra. (mains) spectrum(pre and mains)... Now history comes with culture portion added in it.. For culture get notes of Mr. Nitin. Sighania.. Plus ccrt website notes can be downloaded... But since you are a tyro I would say buy ncert class 11and 12 of geo. And gc leong plus laxmikant... And start reading.. Remember no notes making before 3 reading... And for notes use regular register.. Not a4 pages like me.. So when it comes to revise you should have notes in front of you... Not the bulky books.. If you are in Delhi things were much easier.. And one more thing read newspaper either hindu or express and develop art of writing.. Write anything but write... Develop that art have you thought about your optional if not start thinking...
  • Another thing go for graduation... Something like humanity.. Instead of technical cos being technical will land you at same place like non technical.. And remember topper too had humanity background..
  • why everyone is so dismissive of first timers , this girl is just 18 and still keeping an eye for CSE

what if we couldnt clear in first attempt , Dabi did , she can too , hell she can top too

there is no need to scare youngsters , they already are smater then us , knows to get more out of less time

she has every capabilty to clear and become an IAS , in first attempt itslef , and i hope she will , and please restrain from scaring aspirants or mocking them , when they are just genuinely asking for advise
    once again HUSTLE

Truly appreciate what you are up to,since you are only 18 and have a lots of time,I would suggest don't go according to syllabus,try to read books,make them up interesting for yourself,don't go according to chapters!Select good books and read them,try to be comfortable with them.Moreover I would suggest read Bipin Chandra rather then spectrum!

Keep failing till you/I succeed.
  • edited May 2016

How did u come to know about Forumias? Just curious.

I wish I had this enthusiasm and vision at your age.

I passed my entire college life without knowing this forum. U certainly are at a right place.
    One day, perhaps, love may die of disuse, left to rust in wind and weather.
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog