ForumIAS Simulator Tests ! Starts April 2

ForumIAS Simulator Tests commence from April 2, 2017. Click here to download Test Plan. Click here to enroll for the online Test Series . Click here to enroll for the Classroom Test Series.

[Economic Survey] Will Vision IAS's Summary on Economic survey be sufficient for Prelims?

Has anybody done Vision IAS's(or even GS Score's) Econ Survey Summary thoroughly, preferably last year and can compare or share his experience on the ROI of Visions' Econ Survey and the actual one.
As Time is less, picking up the entire Survey can cost crucial static portion.
·

Comments

  • Yes please do help.
    ·
  • No bro..they skipped many things..gsscore is just copy paste in point format without diagrams,tables,chart,box etc..
    ·
  • Ohk @rkr06
    Lets focus on discussing Vision's ROI then. Any comments on it?
    ·
  • Vision is more simplified..i guess written for mains perspective..u can do 1 thing read gascore and check all the tables,boxes etc from eco survey..but if get time do read 1st part of ecosurvey..
    ·
  • Civilsdaily + mrunal + self study of first chapter of both volumes for me.. .prelims as well as mains
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"
    ·
  • Just finished part 1 of survey few days back, if u are regular with papers, there isnt much new stuff. I wonder whether to read P2 or go with some sort of summary..
    ·
  • PolicyGuy said:

    Has anybody done Vision IAS's(or even GS Score's) Econ Survey Summary thoroughly, preferably last year and can compare or share his experience on the ROI of Visions' Econ Survey and the actual one.
    As Time is less, picking up the entire Survey can cost crucial static portion.

    A good way to find out will be to try reading the compilation yourself. I can tell you that it can cover pretty much - most compilations do.

    However, with some experience I can tell you that reading the Economic Survey is neither very time consuming, nor is it a difficult task if you know what to read and what to skip.

    Reading the Economic Survey will almost have the same benefit of having done Hindu Economics News for past 1-2 years. It is that good.

    I know this because there was a time, when i was afraid to take a look at ES myself. I would suggest you take a look at the original publication and try reading - Say Agriculture. You will begin to like it.

    Also, in the first reading, try to read fast , and NOT ponder over every word or sentence. An entire para or 2-3 paras may at max have one point to tell . You should write down that one point there on the edges of the book.

    If you still want to refer to a compilation, yes they do decent. It is usually compiled by aspirants and they do a fine job.

    Lastly, sometimes indecision wastes more time than wrong decisions. Make sure you are not falling into that.

    I could assure you that you will not be wasting time even if you decided to pick up a compilation and actually finished it, rather than postpone decision to do so on a daily basis.

    Hope it helps, @PolicyGuy
    Currently Answering Questions on ForumIAS | Do not call me Sir, I am no Knight |
    ·
  • Neyawn said:

    PolicyGuy said:

    Has anybody done Vision IAS's(or even GS Score's) Econ Survey Summary thoroughly, preferably last year and can compare or share his experience on the ROI of Visions' Econ Survey and the actual one.
    As Time is less, picking up the entire Survey can cost crucial static portion.

    A good way to find out will be to try reading the compilation yourself. I can tell you that it can cover pretty much - most compilations do.

    However, with some experience I can tell you that reading the Economic Survey is neither very time consuming, nor is it a difficult task if you know what to read and what to skip.

    Reading the Economic Survey will almost have the same benefit of having done Hindu Economics News for past 1-2 years. It is that good.

    I know this because there was a time, when i was afraid to take a look at ES myself. I would suggest you take a look at the original publication and try reading - Say Agriculture. You will begin to like it.

    Also, in the first reading, try to read fast , and NOT ponder over every word or sentence. An entire para or 2-3 paras may at max have one point to tell . You should write down that one point there on the edges of the book.

    If you still want to refer to a compilation, yes they do decent. It is usually compiled by aspirants and they do a fine job.

    Lastly, sometimes indecision wastes more time than wrong decisions. Make sure you are not falling into that.

    I could assure you that you will not be wasting time even if you decided to pick up a compilation and actually finished it, rather than postpone decision to do so on a daily basis.

    Hope it helps, @PolicyGuy
    +1
    ·
  • @Neyawn Thanks man.
    Very reassuring. Picking up the survey will be a better idea.
    Its only a matter of conviction.
    ·
  • I just completed it and part one is more easy then second part... Do remember one thing Google everything that you find new like guargam in agriculture.. Smile scheme. Aspire scheme. Try reducing the survey into short notes... Most of the Para occupies mundane data that's of no use in pre.. But those in box are important like green finance.. And our most portion hovers around crude oil productions and wto conference in Kenya... That's highly repeated I finished it in 4 days... So do it accordingly.. All the best
    ·
  • @"Truly Urzz" Thanks for the yardstick.
    ·
  • PolicyGuy said:

    @"Truly Urzz" Thanks for the yardstick.

    Your welcome plus bro I would like to tell you that read it dnt be in a rush to make notes do vision ias booklet after that compare which schemes are not covered in vision.. If you have new vishals year book it will be a plus point... Cos it contains matter the way we need... Then make notes from the survey...
    ·
  • PolicyGuy said:

    @Neyawn Thanks man.
    Very reassuring. Picking up the survey will be a better idea.
    Its only a matter of conviction.

    Do share how it goes :smile:
    Currently Answering Questions on ForumIAS | Do not call me Sir, I am no Knight |
    ·
  • I just completed it and part one is more easy then second part... Do remember one thing Google everything that you find new like guargam in agriculture.. Smile scheme. Aspire scheme. Try reducing the survey into short notes... Most of the Para occupies mundane data that's of no use in pre.. But those in box are important like green finance.. And our most portion hovers around crude oil productions and wto conference in Kenya... That's highly repeated I finished it in 4 days... So do it accordingly.. All the best

    +1

    I would like to add that there are two ways where we spend time when reading compilations like Economic Survey and say Second ARC.

    1. One spends time deciding what to read and what not to. ( Decision Making )
    2. Actually reading it. ( Execution of decision )

    Now, one good way to save on time is to first go through the pages of compilation - glance through them and with a pen or a pencil, put a hige tick mark on paras that make sense and simply cross out entire pages which have useless data and/or dont make sense. ( We respect books, and it is painful to cross out such things )

    Doing this has the benefit that you will eliminate at least 100-150 pages ( which will be fully crossed out ) of the book and you immediately know that you have done 40% of the book :-)

    But this is not merely a mind hack I am talking about . This will help you even further.


    I am assuming that you will be reading the ES 2-3 times and upto 5-6 times by Mains.

    Every time you actually read the book, and you have not crossed out pages, you are bound to look at every page and spend 2-3 minutes reading some lines from the book and then skip it. Now those 2 minutes spend on say 100 pages add up to 200 minutes . And that will happen with every revision. One gets greedy and wants to read everything.

    Save on that time and cut out irrelevant pages as early as you can so that you can so that you don't spend time on ""deciding what to read" every time you open the book.

    Again, this is a personal tactics, not a standard way of reading any book. Use it only if you face time issues. :)
    Currently Answering Questions on ForumIAS | Do not call me Sir, I am no Knight |
    ·
  • +111111111
    Neyawn said:

    I just completed it and part one is more easy then second part... Do remember one thing Google everything that you find new like guargam in agriculture.. Smile scheme. Aspire scheme. Try reducing the survey into short notes... Most of the Para occupies mundane data that's of no use in pre.. But those in box are important like green finance.. And our most portion hovers around crude oil productions and wto conference in Kenya... That's highly repeated I finished it in 4 days... So do it accordingly.. All the best

    +1

    I would like to add that there are two ways where we spend time when reading compilations like Economic Survey and say Second ARC.

    1. One spends time deciding what to read and what not to. ( Decision Making )
    2. Actually reading it. ( Execution of decision )

    Now, one good way to save on time is to first go through the pages of compilation - glance through them and with a pen or a pencil, put a hige tick mark on paras that make sense and simply cross out entire pages which have useless data and/or dont make sense. ( We respect books, and it is painful to cross out such things )

    Doing this has the benefit that you will eliminate at least 100-150 pages ( which will be fully crossed out ) of the book and you immediately know that you have done 40% of the book :-)

    But this is not merely a mind hack I am talking about . This will help you even further.


    I am assuming that you will be reading the ES 2-3 times and upto 5-6 times by Mains.

    Every time you actually read the book, and you have not crossed out pages, you are bound to look at every page and spend 2-3 minutes reading some lines from the book and then skip it. Now those 2 minutes spend on say 100 pages add up to 200 minutes . And that will happen with every revision. One gets greedy and wants to read everything.

    Save on that time and cut out irrelevant pages as early as you can so that you can so that you don't spend time on ""deciding what to read" every time you open the book.

    Again, this is a personal tactics, not a standard way of reading any book. Use it only if you face time issues. :)
    After continuous failures,distractions,frustrations.........."Finally God has accepted my pain, and given me one more chance to stand up once again."
    ·
  • I just completed it and part one is more easy then second part... Do remember one thing Google everything that you find new like guargam in agriculture.. Smile scheme. Aspire scheme. Try reducing the survey into short notes... Most of the Para occupies mundane data that's of no use in pre.. But those in box are important like green finance.. And our most portion hovers around crude oil productions and wto conference in Kenya... That's highly repeated I finished it in 4 days... So do it accordingly.. All the best

    I took 4 days for vol1 only, how did u finish it so fast, thats amazing
    .wish i had that much speed.
    ·
  • where i can find vision summary or gs score summary
    please provide if any one have pdf
    kya mai pagal hun ?
    ·
  • Vision ke website pe dia hai current affairs section mein...gsscore ke downloads section m check kro.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google