MGP/MGP+ 2018 - Starts 18th Nov - Admissions Open.
Admissions for MGP/MGP+ 2018 are now open. Course begins from 18th Nov, 2018. Read Complete details here. To subscribe visit http://instamojo.com/ForumIAS

Countdown targets for CSE 2016

The last 75+ odd days of the race is here..
Let us post what our targets are each day and how much we have achieved to motivate and to be motivated..

Hope everybody chips in to make it a fruitful thread. Tagging a few..
@IWRA @DrKingSchultz @chameli_aunty @florencenightingale @Collector_9
*Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.*

Comments

• 60% completed: April vision CA( good culture part for prelims).

Modern India: revised charters and GoI acts, last leg of Indian independence ( CR formula, Gandhi- Jinnah talk, Wavell plan etc)
    One day, perhaps, love may die of disuse, left to rust in wind and weather.
  • Vision CA international affairs=>from oct 2015 to april 2015>=>have to be completed today.
  • Revising Modern India... nt able to put a time limit... i knw i sud put a timer... but really not able to put it most of the time... m jst reading with my natural speed... :s
  • 5 days target:
    ancient history and culture
    world geo
    current affairs vision of April
    *Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.*
  • @IWR
    @lapizlazuli:7 months CA done in a day? Impressive.
    @DrKingSchultz :waiting for the good progress
    @running_2win: as long as you complete and remember it, it is fine.
    @lalsalaam12
  • last 5 days:1.insights current affairs
    2.jagranjosh current affairs
    3.self made current affairs
    4.affairs cloud free pdf compilation
    5.drisht ias current affairs pdf compilation

made a list of topics and first reading,roughly 800 topics..

the only hurdle between you and success is lack of genuine belief
  • Vision IAS CA : August 2015 done
    Today's target: Sep+Oct2015
    सर झुकाओगे तो पत्थर देवता हो जाएगा
    इतना मत चाहो उसे, वो बेवफ़ा हो जाएगा |

हम भी दरिया हैं, हमें अपना हुनर मालूम है
    जिस तरफ भी चल पड़ेंगे, रास्ता हो जाएगा ||
  • edited May 2016
    **** PHILOSOPHY.....
    **** HUMAN HUMAN RATIONALISM...

Mod Note : romain, remain calm and use decent language
  • awesome thread ...will help us achieve our day to day targets ...which wl eventually help in achieving bigger ones ...nice initiative @Silver_Star
    my target for 22/05/16 :
    1. take forum ias test + analyse with solutions(pls dont criticize me for this coz it ll take quite some time to take with proper analysis :neutral: )
    2. complete spectrum modern indian history (>=40 pages)
    3. read last 3 days newpapers

is this is enough for 1 day? pls comment
  • From 30 May- 10 June ( Complete Environment and Science )

Environment ( September- May Hindu News) Plus Down to earth and Gktoday notes
    Science ( September- May Hindu News), Scientific India Magazine ( December to June), Class 11 and 12 Ncert Biology ( Selective) plus chronicle Science and Technology ( 2016 ) notes

Do u have pdfs of down to earth and scientific India.. If yes do upload it please..
  • awesome thread ...will help us achieve our day to day targets ...which wl eventually help in achieving bigger ones ...nice initiative @Silver_Star
    my target for 22/05/16 :
    1. take forum ias test + analyse with solutions(pls dont criticize me for this coz it ll take quite some time to take with proper analysis :neutral: )

Get a register... Make notes of difficult questions that you encountered.. Write them with solutions.. If possible do more tests... Like insights or vision...
  • 50 pages of Ancient India (including summarised notes for revision).
    Planning on 40 more by stumps today. :grimace:
    Will finish it on Monday (out of town tomorrow) and then continue with Art and Culture.

Source for ancient India...?
  • 50 pages of Ancient India (including summarised notes for revision).
    Planning on 40 more by stumps today. :grimace:
    Will finish it on Monday (out of town tomorrow) and then continue with Art and Culture.

Source for ancient India...?
    Keep uploading the summarised notes lol.. Will be beneficial for all it would save our energy and time... If you want too..
    my target for 22/05/16 :

Get a register... Make notes of difficult questions that you encountered.. Write them with solutions.. If possible do more tests... Like insights or vision...
    ya @Truly Urzz its possible but am revising the pre syllabus now so not giving much time to tests at present ...i think revising the syllabus 1st is more important ..may be i ll start giving more tests starting from june 15 ..pls tell me if this is a ryt approach?
    my target for 22/05/16 :

ya @Truly Urzz its possible but am revising the pre syllabus now so not giving much time to tests at present ...i think revising the syllabus 1st is more important ..may be i ll start giving more tests starting from june 15 ..pls tell me if this is a ryt approach?
    yaa its right approach.. u can stretch it till june 30.. from 1st july to 15th july give 2 tests each day (hardly takes 3 hours).. after that introspect the areas where u are making mistakes and revise them in next 15 days.. and from 1 august to 6th august have one more go at basic books..
  • @DrKingSchultz All the best brother - I am sure you will make it Prelims -3 Mains -1 Interview -1 AIR XY {2 digit} :)
    What I cannot do:
    Spell "Antecedent".

What I can do:
    Crack CSE.
  • Become Unbeatable student : 7 Steps
    “We all are capable of doing much more than we think that we can”- Albert Einstein
    http://examsfunda.in/blog-detail.php?id=MTY=
  • See basically what upsc wants is culture as tina pointed out nobody is curious who killed whom.. Do u have ancient India booklet of vision.. I am thinking to download once em going through history section...
    my target for 22/05/16 :

Ur revising great here we are finishing... I dnt know your schedule but I would suggest that after you end your day.. Get hold of your lap and try solving test series.. Keep a pen n paper handy... And write down the answers.. Next day check it and note down solutions in your register.. That way u gonna know ur flaws and ur strong areas... Make extra effort towards your weak areas and there you go.... I think till June u should complete everything.. Notes making and everything.. From July onwards test series previous years paper and revision...
    my target for 22/05/16 :

Ur revising great here we are finishing... I dnt know your schedule but I would suggest that after you end your day.. Get hold of your lap and try solving test series.. Keep a pen n paper handy... And write down the answers.. Next day check it and note down solutions in your register.. That way u gonna know ur flaws and ur strong areas... Make extra effort towards your weak areas and there you go.... I think till June u should complete everything.. Notes making and everything.. From July onwards test series previous years paper and revision...

hmm yeah correct ...btw i make electronic notes on Evernote ,dont use pen and paper coz i wna reduce the dependence on it and its easy to revise e-notes again and again as we dont have to waste time in arranging our hand written notes.. hmm yea thats a good approach ..i have to finish revision till the end of June and I think I may give 1 daily test starting from July or late June say from 25th or so and before that i gta revise almost all subjects ,I have just started revision I have been revising since just last 15 days or so i need at least 1.5 months more to revise fully to start giving tests daily later as it consumes much time..meanwhile i am giving tests in every 7 days which i guess will suffice for now... is it cool @Truly Urzz ?
  • Don't neglect previous year questions.
  • yeah for sure @MK420 :smile:
    my target for 22/05/16 :

:)no thanks needed..im glad everybody is active and contributing.
  • Hi :) can anyone suggest me good question Banks for rote learning like who , when , where in history , geography etc ? something like Ghatna Chakra in English....or any suggestion to improve such objective things will be immensely welcome ! Thanks :)
    वही शून्य है वही इकाय, जिसके भीतर बसा शिवाय ||
  • couldne read newspaper today..damn
  • Any good source for international organizations....
  • focus said:

Hi :) can anyone suggest me good question Banks for rote learning like who , when , where in history , geography etc ? something like Ghatna Chakra in English....or any suggestion to improve such objective things will be immensely welcome ! Thanks :)

Upsc prelims checks your knowledge... And understanding.. If you want to mug something mug red data list.. Ramsar sites national park wild life sanctuary...
  • Today as on 25th May, my target is

1. revise 20 chapters done earlier from Laxmikanth
    2. Study 3 chapters from Shankar ias Envt
    3. some current affairs if time left
  • Any good source for international organizations....

:/
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog