Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes by ForumIAS

Admissions to the Revision Classes for Mains ( Current Affairs+ Answer Writing ) is now open at the Offline Center in New Delhi. Click here to know more and enroll.. Note : Rs. 1000 OFF for all MGP Students , valid till July 11. Email student@forumias.academy to request refund of Rs. 1000 or Visit our Offline Center at http://is.gd/ForumIAS

Is public administration optional , the reason of failure in CSE

As pre recent CSE results there is a speculations that public administration is worst optional ,so what should be right strategy for public administration preparing ...materials, topics and time management and more for CSE 2016
·

Comments

• ek pechan k bande ne clear kiya with pub ad..350s me rank hai..200 aya hai uska..baki optionals ka bhi to wahi hua haal
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
    ·
  • yes ........ 67 +126
    ·
  • Pub Ad chhodh sakte ho to chhodh do. Bohot Optional ka bura haal hai but Pub Ad Geography me selected log bhi 190-225 me hain. Rarely 230+ aur 255 shayad highest hai.

Geography ka aur bura haal hai. Pub Ad was the difference between me and top 100 rank. Got 149 in paper 1 in 2014, got 74 this year.

I have lost all confidence in Pub Ad. I got ~380 and 134 in gs and essay otherwise I would have been out.

Koi aur chara nhi. Ab jo hai so hai. Jo change kr skta hai change kr le. Jo nhi wo backup rkh le life me apna. Shalini Duhan got marks in 220's and she got rank in 20's. Pub ad k saath IAS bnnana hai to GS mein 400+ aur interview mein 180+ chahiye. Warna tata bye bye.
    My watch has ended.
    ·
  • Essay :142
    Gs: 396

But PA
    100 and 108

This optional has made life miserable for many !! Time to abandon ship !!
    ·
  • Will Economics be safe bet. I am thinking to leave Pubad now ...
    ·
  • how is marks allotted in socio??i mean it is also screwed this time??
    ·
  • i got 221 in pub ad..but in gs i got 340s..hence not recommened finally.

even if i cross 380s in gs..

i dont know whether i can get IAS or not..I may get post but not sure about IAS.
    ·

But PA
    100 and 108

Did you get selected?
    ·

But PA
    100 and 108

Did you get selected?
    i always get selected !! :neutral:
    ·
  • Pub ad paper1 81, missed final cut off by 12 marks.
    Last year p1 119
    Interview 2015 | Public Administration
    ·
  • I know many of my friends who miss out just bcoz of this.... Pub ad.... But they Score well in gs
    ·
  • I find Public Administration very interesting.But if such is the condition then going by the statistics which optional one should go for.Please suggest
    P.S.- I don't have any inclination for any other optional.But based on statistics I can change.
    ·
  • samarpit said:

I find Public Administration very interesting.But if such is the condition then going by the statistics which optional one should go for.Please suggest
    P.S.- I don't have any inclination for any other optional.But based on statistics I can change.

Interesting,i love it, ye sab chodo bhai...take an optional which has more success rate .clear the exam get out of this loop asap.
    ATB

·
  • edited May 2016
    250 last year and 197 this year. I have to get rank within 120 anyways. Anything after that is useless. I have tentatively decided to change to anthropology.

It's a shame that UPSC has failed to promote this extremely relevant optional.
    परित्राणाय साधूनां विनाशाय च दुष्कृताम् ।
    धर्मसंस्थापनार्थाय सम्भवामि युगे युगे |
    IRS(Customs and Central Excise) Probationer
    AIR-412 CSE 2014 | AIR - 450 CSE 2016 |
    ·
  • deusAdeeb said:

250 last year and 197 this year. I have to get rank within 120 anyways. Anything after that is useless. I have tentatively decided to change to anthropology.

This point echoes with me. Can you give your reason for thinking like this? Actually i want to reinforce my idea. As you have already in service, you can through light on it. TIA.

·
  • deusAdeeb said:

Interesting. Anthro ka course kam haibkya? Itne jaldi ho jaayega?
    My watch has ended.
    ·
  • deusAdeeb said:

This point echoes with me. Can you give your reason for thinking like this? Actually i want to reinforce my idea. As you have already in service, you can through light on it. TIA.

I have undergone weapons training at NPA and NISA. I don't respond well to authority. Police training and the job as well is all about micro control and discipline. Following orders without questioning and giving orders without being questioned. I would suffocate at NPA if I stayed there for an year.

I agree that it is necessary for maintaining law and order and keeping police forces subservient to civil authority but my freedom is of Paramount importance to me. For people who can follow discipline, IPS might be a good job.

Our department is not so hierarchical. I can pass adjudication orders based on merit without undue interference. I will enjoy a decent amount of influence over business entities.

I want to try the exam again for IFS since I love to travel and experience a variety of cultures.
    ·
  • JohnSnow said:

deusAdeeb said:

Interesting. Anthro ka course kam haibkya? Itne jaldi ho jaayega?
    Nahi hua to Agle saala De denge Saab. I am not in any hurry.
    ·
  • deusAdeeb said:

deusAdeeb said:

I have undergone weapons training at NPA and NISA. I don't respond well to authority. Police training and the job as well is all about micro control and discipline. Following orders without questioning and giving orders without being questioned. I would suffocate at NPA if I stayed there for an year.

I agree that it is necessary for maintaining law and order and keeping police forces subservient to civil authority but my freedom is of Paramount importance to me. For people who can follow discipline, IPS might be a good job.

Our department is not so hierarchical. I can pass adjudication orders based on merit without undue interference. I will enjoy a decent amount of influence over business entities.

I want to try the exam again for IFS since I love to travel and experience a variety of cultures.
    Thank you.
    One day, perhaps, love may die of disuse, left to rust in wind and weather.
    ·
  • deusAdeeb said:

deusAdeeb said:

deusAdeeb said:

deusAdeeb said:

Our department is not so hierarchical. I can pass adjudication orders based on merit without undue interrference. I will enjoy a decent amount of influence over business entities.

Thanks bro. Your answer cleared many doubts for me.
    ·
  • @JohnSnow The variation in your paper 1 marks is unbelievable..and really sorry to hear about it. I wanted to know whether you used similar answer writing style in both the attempts in paper 1..And how did you answer them..i mean like did you use linkages with paper 2, indian context examples, thinkers' quotes etc in all/most questions.

Sorry to bother you with so many questions..

@deusAdeeb sir i saw your answers in a pub ad thread of 2014...your level of answer writing is obviously good..but can you please answer this similar query..Thank you.
    ·
  • Yaar.. Pub Ad to le lega lagta hai... This is my last attempt(Age wise) .... there is no option right now.. but to stick with PubAd .... Aage Kuwan Peeche Khai waali haalat ho gayi hai...

GS pel k padhna padega ab to... GS me 600+ laana hai bas.... Aur apan to Bhagwan me bhi viswaas nahi karte hain... dua waala option bhi gaya.....So G ghishne k alawa aur koi rasta nahi hai...
    ·
  • There are so many people in the list with Pub Ad,there is no reason why we cannot make it!
    ·
  • edited May 2016

There are so many people in the list with Pub Ad,there is no reason why we cannot make it!

Wow, thats the exact summary of what all goes wrong while selecting pubad as optional... dude, check whether they are selected BCZ of pubad or DESPITE pubad..:)
    ·
  • JohnSnow said:

Pub Ad chhodh sakte ho to chhodh do. Bohot Optional ka bura haal hai but Pub Ad Geography me selected log bhi 190-225 me hain. Rarely 230+ aur 255 shayad highest hai.

Geography ka aur bura haal hai. Pub Ad was the difference between me and top 100 rank. Got 149 in paper 1 in 2014, got 74 this year.

I have lost all confidence in Pub Ad. I got ~380 and 134 in gs and essay otherwise I would have been out.

Koi aur chara nhi. Ab jo hai so hai. Jo change kr skta hai change kr le. Jo nhi wo backup rkh le life me apna. Shalini Duhan got marks in 220's and she got rank in 20's. Pub ad k saath IAS bnnana hai to GS mein 400+ aur interview mein 180+ chahiye. Warna tata bye bye.

sir jee..... gala sukh gaya (dar ke maare)
    but after 2 attempts i cant leave it now !
    'Believe'
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog