Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes for 2018 : Attend three days of Classes at FourmIAS Offline Center in New Delhi.
Learn how to make own notes from newspaper and alayze issues for CSE.

Click here to : (1) Register, (2) Download Broucher (3) Click here to enroll ONLINE | OFFLINE Click
Course commences on 28th October at 5PM

Please Post your Sociology Marks in CSE 2015

Hey guys,

Please post your sociology marks here and what you expected. In my opinion this year they have given very less marks. Lets find out.
Ahista chal ae jindagi abhi, kai karz chukana baki hai.

Comments

• I got
    Paper 1 - 112
    Paper 2 - 88

My paper 1 was awesome. I was expecting >140 and in paper 2 100-120
  • Paper 1 - 109
    Paper 2 - 112

Was expecting better in both. :neutral:
    CSE 2015. Got in.

CSE 2016. Hopefully, the hallowed All India Services.
  • Paper 1 - 109
    Paper 2 - 112

Was expecting better in both. :neutral:

I have 355 in GS and 131 in Essay, PT-143. PT and Socio ensured that I did not find my name in the merit list :neutral:

• Paper 1 - 113
    Paper 2 - 127

Expected more in Paper 1. Last year, I got 127 in Paper 1 and 119 in Paper 2.
  • P1 101
    P2 119
  • Paper 1 - 118
    Paper 2 - 102

Studied hardly for even a month. Went completely blackout while writing answers. Left around 40-50 marks in both. Looks there was very lenient marking.
    It's not over until i win!!
  • 102 n 111
  • within expectation
  • 111 + 126 = 237
  • 116+105=221
    Was expecting 230-250
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"
  • TDH said:

Paper 1 - 118
    Paper 2 - 102

Studied hardly for even a month. Went completely blackout while writing answers. Left around 40-50 marks in both. Looks there was very lenient marking.

Attempt - 500/500
    Study period - 4 years, rigourous.
    Half-hearted, half-preparation first attempt score - 296.
    Current status - lower than novices.
    Life - Unfair.

A big FU to UPSC and a bigger FU to socio.
    A Lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
    https://www.facebook.com/jaime.kngslyr.1
    https://twitter.com/JFL_Kingslayer
    https://jflkingslayer.blogspot.in/
    jlkingslayer@gmail.com
  • 120+101
  • TDH said:

Paper 1 - 118
    Paper 2 - 102

Attempt - 500/500
    Life - Unfair.

.... same thing with a friend of mine ... the more he studied in socio, the less marks he got every year ... finally last attempt hai uska, can't risk changing his optional now ... there is no pattern to socio marks ... very arbitrarily given

what about you ? Are you thinking of switching the optional ? ... even i want to ... .. but i'm not sure ki 3 months mein kaunsa optional cover hoga

• mein kya bolu
    p1: 58 (how come)
    p2: 94
    In order to survive,we cling to all we know & understand.And we label it reality.
    But knowledge & understanding are ambiguous.That reality could be an illusion. All humans live with the wrong assumptions.
    Isn't that another way of looking at it???
  • ab koi mere ko strategy bta do :D >:) o:)
    In order to survive,we cling to all we know & understand.And we label it reality.
    But knowledge & understanding are ambiguous.That reality could be an illusion. All humans live with the wrong assumptions.
  • P1: 97
    P2:107
    Left questions for more than 50 marks combined. More than expected,especially paper2
  • TDH said:

Paper 1 - 118
    Paper 2 - 102

Attempt - 500/500
    Life - Unfair.

.... same thing with a friend of mine ... the more he studied in socio, the less marks he got every year ... finally last attempt hai uska, can't risk changing his optional now ... there is no pattern to socio marks ... very arbitrarily given

what about you ? Are you thinking of switching the optional ? ... even i want to ... .. but i'm not sure ki 3 months mein kaunsa optional cover hoga

I can't go back to it after saying FU, can I? :wink:

But if you are thinking of changing now I suppose it's better to skip 2016 or continue with socio.
    A Lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.
    https://www.facebook.com/jaime.kngslyr.1
    https://twitter.com/JFL_Kingslayer
    https://jflkingslayer.blogspot.in/
    jlkingslayer@gmail.com
  • ^^^ lol

... i'm thinking of law or management .... but they both have humongous syllabus so it would mean skipping this year... i don't want to pick up any other humanities subject .... what about you ? zeroed in on anything ?
  • 108 & 93 missed mains by 32 marks..
    Defining year of life has already begun, as I move toward final date with destiny. Final attempt with UPSC Civils in 2017* (6* Attempts, 3* Mains, 0* PI).
  • @

TDH said:

Paper 1 - 118
    Paper 2 - 102

Attempt - 500/500
    Life - Unfair.

@Jaime_Lannister hard luck bro. :| :/
  • Does anyone know how much rank 7 rank 11 n other toppers got in socio?
  • 108+106.last year same total 113+101
  • @it
    itachi said:

mein kya bolu
    p1: 58 (how come)
    p2: 94

@itachi how come you get this low!! :o :o
  • itachi said:

ab koi mere ko strategy bta do :D >:) o:)

Ur score in socio was better last year afaik.. Correct if I am wrong

Defining year of life has already begun, as I move toward final date with destiny. Final attempt with UPSC Civils in 2017* (6* Attempts, 3* Mains, 0* PI).
  • @Jaime_Lannister bhai mere ko btao mein kya kru
  • 111 + 126 = 237

You must have made it to the list?
    Share paper 2 sources if possible
  • P1 - 111 , P2 - 126 , total 237 , total attempt 450 / 500
  • @Jaime_Lannister just to windup our discussion post mains 2015 regarding surprises post marks display, if u remember - well upsc has stopped surprising me - becoz now everything is within expectations as i have stopped expecting. infact, now i don't even know what to expect. but thinking retrospectively, the unexpected and more than deserved mark, with half hearted preparation in my first attempt of socio paper, seems to have come back at present times to claim it's due.
    however dice is now cast, got to keep playing the game. btw no one said that game of thrones were easy.

@all sorry for digressing from the topic. aadat se majboor, upsc or dialoguebazi, yeh dono hain mere fitoor.
  • KarmaYogi said:

itachi said:

ab koi mere ko strategy bta do :D >:) o:)

Ur score in socio was better last year afaik.. Correct if I am wrong

122 + 125 = 247 last yr

• @itachi what went wrong this time, if u have any clue
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog