Download part 1 of the Economic Survey 2016-17 Vol. 2 summary by ForumIAS : Click here to DOWNLOAD

UPSC CSE - 2017 Thread

2017 CSE discussions, preparation strategy,material and other useful stuffs
When the Sun Rises, I wake up and Chase my Dreams!
An Attempt Old
·

Comments

• Count me in!!!
    ·
  • I m also preparing for 2017
    ·
  • I am in
    ·
  • edited May 2016
    I'm also preparing for 2017. I finished the hindu daily and in remaining time try to read other books which is relevant for upsc preparation
    ·
  • With time no of participants will be increased specially after this year Prelims.. so help each other till then!
    An Attempt Old
    ·
  • sid2ias said:

I'm also preparing for 2017. I finished the hindu daily and in remaining time try to read other books which is relevant for upsc preparation

Good.. keep this momentum up and Stay regular!

An Attempt Old
    ·
  • Guys
    ... Can anybody share here his/her strategy. What materials he is going to complete and by which month. Also, is there anybody who is still in college. How he manages his time between college and cse preaparion.

Sharing timeline will be useful for other aspirants ...
    ·
  • 17 said:

Guys
    ... Can anybody share here his/her strategy. What materials he is going to complete and by which month. Also, is there anybody who is still in college. How he manages his time between college and cse preaparion.

If you are beginner then from right now start reading news ppr and jot down notes on regular basis..it will take Arnd 3 hrs.. in rest of the time try to complete Ncerts by the time of july thoroughly... after that some basic books like Ramesh Singh, Laxmikanth, Bipan Chandra,Leong etc.. standard books must be completed by October.. aftr tht join any good test series like Insights for prelims and start your optional and set a deadline for completion by the month of march at max.. parallely revision and news paper must go hand in hand with all this!

An Attempt Old
    ·
  • 17 said:

Guys

If you are beginner then from right now start reading news ppr and jot down notes on regular basis..it will take Arnd 3 hrs.. in rest of the time try to complete Ncerts by the time of july thoroughly... after that some basic books like Ramesh Singh, Laxmikanth, Bipan Chandra,Leong etc.. standard books must be completed by October.. aftr tht join any good test series like Insights for prelims and start your optional and set a deadline for completion by the month of march at max.. parallely revision and news paper must go hand in hand with all this!

Thnaks a lot sir for your valuable reply
    ·
  • Bhai optional decide kar lo..n coaching kar lo agar zarurat lage to...sabse badi dikkat optional ki ati hai agar before hand preparation nahi hua hai to..
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
    ·
  • I am also In.
    ·
  • Shall I start optional prepration now or after completing basic books of GS.
    ·
  • I was thinking of first completing of NCERTs to decide for optional.
    ·
  • I am also attempting CSE 2017.
    ·
  • I'm not satisfied with my current affairs notes anyone please upload a well balanced notes relevant for upsc. I have not any kind of guidence from someone and not take any coaching yet. Total self relience. Please help me.
    ·
  • sud said:

Shall I start optional prepration now or after completing basic books of GS.

Go with GS and Optionals parallely.
    ·
  • Hi guys and gals, I have also started my preparations for CSE 2017 :)

Here's a list of all useful Books that are related to UPSC preparations: http://goo.gl/sOL9C3

:)
    ·
  • 2017 CSE discussions, preparation strategy,material and other useful stuffs

@simbathelionking have you joined any coaching?

Also please ask mods to put a space between CSE2017 in the title of the thread :)
    ·
  • sud said:

Shall I start optional prepration now or after completing basic books of GS.

Go with GS and Optionals parallely.
    Thanks.
    ·
  • Hi.. Anyone joining coaching this July for 2017 attempt?
    ·
  • I have chosen geography for optional as it is little bit technical
    Some pls help me which book to read as I am working and can not join coaching
    Pls help
    ·
  • edited May 2016
    Sabu_cena said:

I have chosen geography for optional as it is little bit technical
    Some pls help me which book to read as I am working and can not join coaching
    Pls help

You may want to refer:

Physical Geography by Savindra Singh
    Geography of India by Majid Hussain

There are more books, but complete above books first. Also there are alternative to above mentioned books. Wait for the reply of other forum members as they may suggest you alternatives :)
    ·
  • @Captain_Peroxide @mods @Etat @root @Neyawn Please change the title of this thread and put a space between CSE and 2017 - Thanks :)
    ·
  • Tulika_20 said:

Hi.. Anyone joining coaching this July for 2017 attempt?

I am thinking to join. Weekend batch
    ·
  • 2017 CSE discussions, preparation strategy,material and other useful stuffs

@simbathelionking have you joined any coaching?

Also please ask mods to put a space between CSE2017 in the title of the thread :)
    I guess the Name of the Thread is already updated!
    And No I didn't take any coachings so far (hopefully not in future too) ☺

An Attempt Old
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
1. Open Session on DAF Filling : What you fill in your Detailed Application form, will decide the marks you get in the Interview, the service that you will get and the state you will live in , for the rest of your life. Last but not the least, it will also decide who you will marry. Don't make mistakes. Join us for an open session on filling up the DAF. We will be assisted by ForumIAS Members who have secured a service or rank in this initiative.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog