ForumIAS Simulator Tests ! Starts April 2 ( UPDATED LINKS )

ForumIAS Simulator Tests commence from April 2, 2017. Click here to download Test Plan. Click here to enroll for the online Test Series . Click here to enroll for the Classroom Test Series.

SBI PO Recruitment 2016-17 Exam Notification - 2000+ vacancies

edited May 2016 in Banking
Dear friends
Sbi po notofication is out and this time thr is lot of vacancies and exam pattern in mains exam is changed
·

Comments

• How to practice for sbi po, any relevant book? Have previous years papers book.. Is that sufficient? Anyone who have cracked sbi po earlier please throw some light on how to prepare or practice for it.
    ·
  • generally kitni hoti hai vacancies? Agle saal apply karna hai wese..is saal to na ho payega
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
    ·
  • What is the application fees ??
    ·
  • generally kitni hoti hai vacancies? Agle saal apply karna hai wese..is saal to na ho payega

~ itni hi hoti h

Karma - the Panacea
    ·
  • koi bta do yar kitna milta hai......CTC se to dhoka lg rha h kuch.....?
    ·
  • Why does people say sbi po is a very 'pathetic' and 'exhausting' job?

Not only Sbi but all bank po jobs are so hectic that one cant find time to study. I have seen many people leaving po jobs to resume their preparation
    Karma - the Panacea
    ·
  • edited May 2016
    My cousin joined Ahmedabad circle last year. Withing 2 months he gave his 3 months' notice to resign. By now almost 30-40 of the guys in his whatsapp group have resigned.
    He says work pressure in SBI is far far more than in any other Public Sector bank.
    I'm wondering if i should apply, considering salary here in hand is around 44,000, whereas in other banks it is 38,000 with far less work pressure.
    Besides SBI PO Mains , is 1 week before CS Prelims !!
    ·
  • edited May 2016
    vijay_24 said:

koi bta do yar kitna milta hai......CTC se to dhoka lg rha h kuch.....?

This CTC is including the lease you get.

In hand is around 43,000 in most rural areas to 49,000 in Mumbai.
    But believe me, you really have to earn each and every paisa in SBI ;) Work day is from 9 to 7,8 pm in the night. And heavy, i mean really heavy public dealing.
    ·
  • ramon said:

vijay_24 said:

But believe me, you really have to earn each and every paisa in SBI ;) Work day is from 9 to 7,8 pm in the night. And heavy, i mean really heavy public dealing.
    sat n Sunday to off hogi hogi? Aur 3-4 week ki holidays mil jati hai ,mains ke tym pe??

·
  • Guys can anyone help in its preparation?? Want to know from where to practice questions,...
    ·
  • edited May 2016
    In hand is around 38000 for a new joinee , and yes including other reimbursemnts it hovers around 43k. Now coming on to work pressure its not that much like in IT sector nd all but yes the basic issue is like ths job keeps u engrossed so u cant do anything in branches though job perse is not hectic and above all vary from branch to branch .Last but not the least we need to consider it that most of aspirants of UPSC who join SBI they say its hectic ,cant study nd all becoz they have switched in SBI from an all free 24 hour envrmnt only for studyng to mere 4-5 hours of study ,that to depending on ones own conviction.This is one of the factor why people say so though not the most important and not the only factor.
    ·
  • Applied. B)
    ·
  • edited May 2016

In hand is around 38000 for a new joinee , and yes including other reimbursemnts it hovers around 43k. Now coming on to work pressure its not that much like in IT sector nd all but yes the basic issue is like ths job keeps u engrossed so u cant do anything in branches though job perse is not hectic and above all vary from branch to branch .Last but not the least we need to consider it that most of aspirants of UPSC who join SBI they say its hectic ,cant study nd all becoz they have switched in SBI from an all free 24 hour envrmnt only for studyng to mere 4-5 hours of study ,that to depending on ones own conviction.This is one of the factor why people say so though not the most important and not the only factor.

how about hearing from a guy who has come from that job to 24 hrs environment... i was po left it....
    first work pressure very high...you deal with money here....money is crucial for the poor and the rich and neither will spare you for any mistakes when you deal with it...so full concenteration on job..
    boss may be good bad ...young and understanding...some 30 + or bad old geezer who would use strategic incompetence manoeuvres..
    usually underr staffed will have to get into other shows as well..
    branches specially SBI are filled in urban areas by guys and new rural openings are given to the new bakras p.o
    north guys may be sent to deep rural south language,food problems
    if after all these obstacles you will have time to read but concentrated reading is not possible...slowly leading to lethargy and then bye bye upsc......
    my last say on this if you are very desperate you may go and join but upsc you will not crack..its a complete truth...oh yes ...a.c. main bhi pasina nikal dete hai yaha .....
    all the best take wise decision .
    ·
  • ramon said:

vijay_24 said:

thanks....
    ·
  • In hand is around 38000 for a new joinee , and yes including other reimbursemnts it hovers around 43k. Now coming on to work pressure its not that much like in IT sector nd all but yes the basic issue is like ths job keeps u engrossed so u cant do anything in branches though job perse is not hectic and above all vary from branch to branch .Last but not the least we need to consider it that most of aspirants of UPSC who join SBI they say its hectic ,cant study nd all becoz they have switched in SBI from an all free 24 hour envrmnt only for studyng to mere 4-5 hours of study ,that to depending on ones own conviction.This is one of the factor why people say so though not the most important and not the only factor.

how about hearing from a guy who has come from that job to 24 hrs environment... i was po left it....
    first work pressure very high...you deal with money here....money is crucial for the poor and the rich and neither will spare you for any mistakes when you deal with it...so full concenteration on job..
    boss may be good bad ...young and understanding...some 30 + or bad old geezer who would use strategic incompetence manoeuvres..
    usually under staffed will have to get into other shows as well..
    branches specially SBI are filled in urban areas by guys and new rural openings are given to the new bakras p.o
    north guys may be sent to deep rural south language,food problems
    if after all these obstacles you will have time to read but concentrated reading is not possible...slowly leading to lethargy and then bye bye upsc......
    my last say on this if you are very desperate you may go and join but upsc you will not crack..its a complete truth...oh yes ...a.c. main bhi pasina nikal dete hai yaha .....
    all the best take wise decision .
    how about hearing from somebody who is still there...nyways will focus only on some imp aspects :smile:

In first two years there is not much of responsibility and especially in first year ,ofcourse there will be expectations but its upto u whether u let them increase or mainatain a low profile and have guts to say NO to ur manager .Its all about learning to say NO and knowing what ur actual work is ,because most of them time in these two years u will be doing managers pending work only.

Secondly let me tell the people apt way to go for it, joining comes around December ,take three months extension in joining which is given easily ,then work for few months then again take medical post prelims for 3- 6 months as per ur convenience and ur ability to show the necessary docs when required but yes in tht case be ready to put ur career in SBI at stake in terms of growth .

now coming on to ur half truth of postings .First of all not all people are given rural posting ,half are given rural and half are given urban or semi urban .One who gets urban initially will be staying in same place for about 7 months nd then 5 months in rural.
    now talking about adverse posting in terms of south location for northen people there are literally very few people in entire batch who gets such posting and above all if u get there is no such harm as in that case u get an excuse and mostly have to do the system related data type work where u can easily read ur materials ,

still i will suggest try to finish ur optional before joining SBI and then u wont find any issue adapting to it. and those who are thinking to join SBI and then prepare for UPSC ,then it will be very tough though i wont say u will not get through in that case as u said.

The most important thing is those who can afford the luxury of preparing full time are anyway not going to join .So the people who are even considering to join are those who somehow wants to create a security either bcoz of increasing age , family pressure , uncertainity of UPSC etc etc etc..So anyway there are hoping to strike a balance between the two if at all it can be created.

All the best :)
    ·
  • I didnt want to make people scared..and ofcourse desperate job seekers because of age and all can ofcourse apply...i just wanted to present them hardships there ..anyways its good that you are enjoying banking ...most dont
    roses are with thorns ...you got the petals most of my pals got thorns in our batch of 40 ..only 7 stayed..sbi and upsc is tough ...mano ya na mano :) ;)
    ·
  • everyone know that brother but my only motive was to let people know the best possible alternative in worst possible scenario as there are two best ways to handle them
    1.extend joining
    2.Take extended medical post prelims straight away as being in SBI u have this luxury if u can back it with necessary papers which many people in IT sector dosent get and have to strive for even 1 month of medical.

Nd then see how thorns turn into roses. ;)
    ·
  • edited May 2016
    all the best for cse 2016 :) :#
    ·
  • ^^Don't fight like girls here. :D

;) :# :D
    ·
  • Hi.....
    Could anyone share their strategy to clear Sbi PO??
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google