[ForumIAS COMPREHENSIVE PROGRAM 2018:] BEGINS ON 25th SEPTEMBER
Dear Friends, The wait is finally over. The ForumIAS 2018 Comprehensive Guidance Program 2018 is now out and admissions Open. 5% Early Bird Offer for Non-MGP Students and 10% Early Bird Offer for MGP Students.

Anyone going with Agriculture optional ?

edited July 2013 in Miscellaneous
Kindly post here. We may help each other.
Do anyone know good correspondence coaching center for Agriculture ?
"A lot can be done in 24 hours..still time left to rock. ATB"

Optional: Agriculture (message if you have the same one)
·

Comments

• i am not sure you can inquire evolution coaching class,delhi.
    i am following anoop shetty's book list,here is the link
    http://mrunal.org/2013/05/toppers-interview-anoop-shetty-air-140-cse-2012-kannada-litt-agriculture-no-coaching.html
    Indian Forest Service 2016
    pre= 2, mains= 0, interview= 0.
    ·
  • Ya i inquired. They are not providing postal package. and yes, i am also following Shetty's book list.
    just today i bought all books finally. I think we should go along with it only. and ofcourse with some websites.
    Thanks for your post.

·
  • If you know then can you post the link to Any blog/website particularly for agri optional?
    What did I do to tank me?
    ·
  • *thank
    ·
  • i m also opting agri.
    ·
  • Hi, I am preparing with agriculture (and NOT from Delhi). This website contains some notes - www.agriinfo.in... If you know any websites devoted to AGRI OPTIONAL, plz post the url here.
    ·
  • Ya i know about this site, other which i generally see is: http://agricoop.nic.in/ & http://www.icar.org.in/en/aggregator

Second one is quite good.

·
  • did anyone gave mains this time from forum with agriculture as the optional?
    if yes, how was it? :)
    ·
  • Here is the list of books which i had bought for agriculture optional .interested person may contact me
    docx
    docx
    BOOKS OF AGRICULTURE FOR SALE.docx
    ·
  • Anyone going with agri can contact me for mutual help.. thank you
    ·
  • please anyone help me to get books for agriculture optional

pratheep.418@gmail.com
    ·
  • @Pratheep Ajith bro if u r in delhi u can go to pusa institute and buy books..otherwise flipkart and amazon jindabad
    ·
  • Frnds any test series offered by institutions...?? Kindly help
    ·
  • @DivyadharsiniR evolution and kaveri both offers..call them..
    ·
  • Is there any introductory book which covers major portions of the syllabus, so that one may read it before going for the other ones?

Thanks
    ·
  • Hey gyz plz help me i am going through lots of stress whether to take agri or not iam from agri backgroud with 8.9 gp plz help i require guidence
    ·
  • edited February 2016
    Lucky123 said:

Hey gyz plz help me i am going through lots of stress whether to take agri or not iam from agri backgroud with 8.9 gp plz help i require guidence

@Lucky123 Why under stress when you have such good GP ? I'm not from agri background yet choose it.Earlier I had History but left it because of its vast & dry syllabus. Agri group is there on telegram,where you can ask your doubts, if interested inbox me your no.
    ·
  • yes basic book is introduction to agriculture by A.K.VYAS
    ·
  • Can we get Evolution notes from any other source other than actual institute itself??
    ·
  • @bdon there are many booksellers in rajendra nagar, delhi, google it and tell them, they can courier u..
    Try brilliant material too, i found it quite apt.
    ·
  • incydk said:

Is there any introductory book which covers major portions of the syllabus, so that one may read it before going for the other ones?

Thanks

It's AK vyas.v good introductory book
    ·
  • Should non bio people take agriculture or forestry ?
    ·

• is there any institute for agri preparation and notes ?
    ·
  • Hello fellow aspirants,

I am going to give my first attempt in 2017 and really confused between optionals. I have finally narrowed it down to two viz, Geography OR Agriculture.
    Reason: I am from science background, so based on analysis of question papers from last few years of several optionals, i felt most comfortable in these two only( i have good knowledge of bio as well, so comes agriculture).
    Problem/Dilemma:
    1. Geography: Best optional considering availability of resources when you wish not to go along with coaching but you have to fight with people who have mastered this subject and are like Super Pros. No matter how good you are in it, there are so many Baap/Mata in knowledge as well as executing when giving mains. Result- confused

2. Agriculture: Although course content is not much as compared to geo, and also no fear of Baap/Mata here, but lack of guidance and resources is major KO factor here. Only one person (Anoop shetty) gave some recommendation and that too i can't rely in full confidence as everyone has their own strategy.Result- confused

So far my inclination is more towards agri than geography.
    Anyone who is in delhi (or in contact with people as such), who have faced same dilemma, please could you enlighten with what would be the best optional to go with or strategy to fix?
    Would be really thankful.
    PS: so far i don't see any value in joining evolution or any other coaching for agri or geo.
    Do or do not, there is no try.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by making the payment through the links below

1. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - July 1st : Batch C ( 24 Seats | 21 GS + Essay Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link |
2. Mains Guidance Program 2017 - 7th August : Batch D ( 50 Seats| 8 GS Tests ) | Test Plan | Payment Link
3. Current Affairs Classes for Mains 2017 (OFFLINE) - 16th August - ( 200 Issues for Mains 2017 ) | Class Plan | Enrollment Link
4. Current Affairs (Online) Classes for Mains 2017 - 20th August | Details | Enrollment Link
5. Prelims Test Series 2018 - Coming Soon 6. Mains Guidance Program for Mains 2018 - Coming soon

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
No upcoming events

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog