How to Conquer GS in UPSC Mains, Explained By Anudeep Durishetty AIR 1 CSE 2017 Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open!
27 JULY | 200+ Issues for Mains 2018 ForumIAS is conducting classes for Current Affairs Mains. Cover upto 200+ Issues important for Mains , with specific focus on holistic coverage and content differentiation. Attend the first session ( Open to All ) at 11AM, on Friday July 27 at ForumIAS Offline Center, New Delhi.
CLICK HERE to read more and register for the First Open Class

FCI MT interview preparation

Anyone?
What's the job profile salary etc?

Comments

• No idea...you are from which zone ? Mine north....tech...civil
  • +1 North Zone MT any idea about the interview dates ??
  • Heard Its not that great !!
  • Mt gen cadre North zone interview any idea
  • MT North Zone, waiting for interview dates !
    Want to sell cooler.
  • Which Stream ?? Any Idea about interview dates ?? How is the interview ??
  • Fci wale sote rehte hai,matlab 6 mahine mein result.chalo aacha hai jitna late interview utni hi late joining.
  • Hmm...ye bhi hai...but is it fair....kisi se idea laga...any of your friends who have joined ??
    How much are you getting and post ??
  • I am getting around 79 for mt gen gen cat north zone
  • edited April 2016
    Interview will be proceeded by GD, both of which will be held in the Zonal Office. Interview is a mix of biodata specific questions, food grain management, MSP, CCEA, Economy and current events thereto and thereof.. You can also expect subject specific questions as per your degrees.

Wish you guys all the very best and if selected, a fulfilling training regime at IFS, Gurgaon
  • @The_Tomahawk what's the job profile of depot? Salary?
    Is it better than banks and SSC?
  • Kisaan said:

@The_Tomahawk what's the job profile of depot? Salary?
    Is it better than banks and SSC?

Depot cadre is the most harassed cadre in FCI unless you are a well connected individual and are able to get yourself ported to the Offices rather than field. Salary is around 44 K gross and around 38 in hand excluding house lease.
    As far as profile is concerned, it would depend on the place of your posting. In PB and some parts of HRY, it is like virtual hell.
    If you can take it, you can make it.
    I will fight till the end, be it bitter, be it glorious.
  • ^and why is that?
    Also, how are postings in Delhi and the hill States?
  • FCI reflects and imbibes all the ills and moral decadency that plagues this nation. Plum postings in Haryana and Punjab are traded IPL auction style and people have made killings milking the system. The kind of collection system that exists in FCI is unparalleled. Scoundrels thrive and any positive change is frowned upon. The management is full of dumb retards who only pass orders without having even an iota of knowledge about the field.
    Whatever has been said is applicable only to HRY, PB, western UP, Chhatisgarh and Delhi.
    In rest of the states, the work pressure is negligible, specially in the hill states and consequently the conditions too are good.
  • FCI reflects and imbibes all the ills and moral decadency that plagues this nation. Plum postings in Haryana and Punjab are traded IPL auction style and people have made killings milking the system. The kind of collection system that exists in FCI is unparalleled. Scoundrels thrive and any positive change is frowned upon. The management is full of dumb retards who only pass orders without having even an iota of knowledge about the field.
    Whatever has been said is applicable only to HRY, PB, western UP, Chhatisgarh and Delhi.
    In rest of the states, the work pressure is negligible, specially in the hill states and consequently the conditions too are good.

Dude, you are as stereotyped as one cane be in your abv post! pls be reasonable when you write on public platform about any organization. Thanks :blush:
    @aspirants you all should ignore whatever has been written in above post by @Samar_Singh91 , atleast for the simple reason that It is of absolutely no help/use for Interview, and most of all, is highly exaggerated, preconceived one sided notions based on heresy.

Now, coming back to the topic of the thread- well summarised by @The_Tomahawk , be prepared for:

1.) GD Round on topics based on current affairs/discourse. Some of the examples may be like discussion on implementation of RTE, RTI, MGNREGA, Make in India etc.- Group of 8-10 ppl before a panel of 3-4 judges/observers
    2.) Interview Round: Ranging from 5 to 20 Mins- Generally not long interviews,
    Questions will be based on
    -Personal & Professional: work Ex./profile if any, why now FCI?
    -Food Policy of India, PDS in general
    - About FCI and its working in particular ( No need of deep knowledge here- FCI website, wiki page and a few article will suffice)
    - Regarding FCI's Storage problem, Labour problem
    - Shanta Kumar Committee report etc.

Now, Regarding Work Profile:
    @Samar_Singh91 in his earlier post was correct- Depot cadre spcly in surplus states like PB, HR etc. work under a bit of pressure of managing several things like- Labour issues, contractor/miller pressure, managing SL/RTL etc.
    However, pls remember that a manager(depot) is the boss of a depot and thus enjoys great flexibility also. A manager (Depot) certainly has more authority and flexibility in comparison to Managers from other cadre.
    Other cadre like General, movement generally do office work though posting is not always fixed/cadre dependent.
    Salary was correctly explained by @Samar_Singh91 .

Lastly, I would certainly rate FCI Manager higher than Bank PO, and non-interview SSC jobs...
    But, yes few higher SSC profiles would be better than FCI MT.
    If one is in General cadre or Movement cadre s/he will get ample time to prepare for exams like state PSCs or UPSC.
    Place like Delhi region, Headquarter, Zonal offices are generally chilled out.
    If posted in Regional offices or above in any region/zone, you may certainly expect a good work environment and opportunities to continue your study/preprn.

Hope it helps! All the best.. :)

• edited April 2016
  • @aandha any chance of city posting for depot?
  • District offices, HQ, Regional Offices are in the cities and many Depot Cadre officers get their postings there. Plus most of the Depots are situated in the cities only.
  • If you are not a well connected individual don't go for depot cadre.. I am in a hill state and its not too long before I suffer from depression.. I agree with most of what is said by @Samar_Singh91, being an insider. SSC jobs are much much better. Almost 70% new AG3s left since last recruitment. Most of the field offices and even districts work on 20-40% strength. There is a vibrant culture of chargesheets in FCI especially in North zone. You may find the job challenging and all but remember two things- you are not here to dedicate your life to FCI you need to study too and believe me there are not even Sundays in FCI leave alone public holidays for depot cadre. Secondly promotion opportunities are as weak as India winning football world cup. So a depot cadre with no connections is going to fight and lose for the rest of her/his life. Training is the most exciting part but don't expect to experience anything like it for next 30-35 years. And I can count atleast 10 reasons why an SBI po is way better than FCI depot cadre if that is the only option you are left with. Try for movement and general cadre. These are better than POs and many SSCs posts too.
  • @Panditji
    Bhai, you have spoken the truth. and may be both of us are able to at least wean some innocent people away from this wretched job.
  • @Panditji .... how is MT civil eng in FCI ? is it also that bad ? I am waiting for interview date in vain :( ?
  • @snapdragon everything other than depot is decent but don't expect any executive feel. Most of the postings have less workload. Promotion prospects will be good. Overall its a decent job. Best cadres in fci are accounts>engineering>general>movement>>qc>>>>>depot.
  • @Panditji ......thank you for the info! Some back up job is urgently needed as i cannot sustain my cse prep without any job for long ! Seeing the lethargy of FCI...shayad joining tak prelims to ho hi jaega... :) (if selected finally !)
  • @snapdragon
    You will get plenty of time if selected during the training also. Perhaps all the time one needs.
  • Though Interview Dates have not come still can you help me answer some possible questions that may be asked like :
    1) You have an Engineering Degree then why join FCI in Gen/Movt/Depot cadre ??
    2)You have a gap of 2 years what were you doing then ?? Should we say preparing fr CSE and If we say preparing fr CSE then they might ask why join FCI....you will join and still prepare wasting resources of company...at the same time it becomes difficult to justify sitting at home for so long..
    3) If we have an offer in hand say PO . Should we tell that ?? If yes they might ask why not to join that only !!

Your advice will be much appreciated !!
  • Anyone for FCI MT Movement North?
  • @panditji what are we supposed to do in depot? How is South zone depot cadre
  • Anyone for FCI MT Movement North?

+1
    How much are you expecting ??

• Though Interview Dates have not come still can you help me answer some possible questions that may be asked like :
    1) You have an Engineering Degree then why join FCI in Gen/Movt/Depot cadre ??
    2)You have a gap of 2 years what were you doing then ?? Should we say preparing fr CSE and If we say preparing fr CSE then they might ask why join FCI....you will join and still prepare wasting resources of company...at the same time it becomes difficult to justify sitting at home for so long..
    3) If we have an offer in hand say PO . Should we tell that ?? If yes they might ask why not to join that only !!

Your advice will be much appreciated !!

Despite the living lethargy that is FCI, the interview and GD setup is thoroughly professional and well conducted. Before GD, they may ask you a few questions about your profile and even some cross questioning can take place. They will give you 5-8 minutes to prepare the topic before actual evaluation. Everyone is given opportunity to speak and conclude.
    As far as the answers to your questions is concerned, it is a given that they know by now that everyone walking through the door is preparing for IAS. They did not specifically target anyone for elimination based on this criteria. And it also takes care of the gap question. FCI has a very low attrition rate at officer level and they do not even bother if you will stay or leave.
    FCI is like Indian service providers like Infi and wipro. Open to all without discrimination regarding expertise. For example, one of the last batches even had a Doctor. So chill out.
    Why do you have to tell them at all that you have a better offer in hand? No need at all.

• @BrokenArrow. 77. what about you? and others, if you know any?
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog