Courses for CSE 2018 by ForumIAS
MGP 2018 - ( 40 Tests : 20 Half Length Tests + 20 Full Length Tests) - Beins 1st October | Prelims - 1st October | CGP 2018 - 25th September

Book for Essay

edited April 2016 in Essay
Most of the time it happens that after writing essay I realise that I kept on writing from one perspective only.
So I think reading some good essays could help in widening the worldview.
Suggest some good book to for essay. Just to get an idea about different topics and how to touch upon different dimension.
This is what I found online. http://www.amazon.in/A-Compendium-Essays-J-K-Chopra/dp/8183571891
Please review, if anyone has read it.
·

Comments

• not good..see ramesh singh one
    ·
  • Have you read ramesh Singh ?
    ·
  • uncertinity pinciple applies for upsc essay as well
    ·
  • edited April 2016
    ·
  • @Heisen_berg.. you can try spectrum book of essays.
    ·
  • Lexicon is good
    “Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.”
    ·
  • Lexicon is good

Can you give the title of the book.
    ·
  • Lexicon is good

·
  • Lexicon is good

Catapult Essays

LExisNexis publication
    ·
  • @harry90 spectrum is not that good, I've read some essay from that

If not specifically essay book, then please suggest some novels which could be useful to build up the content for essay
    ·
  • @Heisen_berg.. Otherwise you can read Amartya sen books..they will give you solid content on a wide variety of issues

Previous yojana issues can be looked for covering a wide variety of topics.
    ·
  • Argumentative Indian you are talking about ?

Have you read gurucharan das , India unbound ? I'm planning to start with it.
    ·
  • u should read land of seven rivers by sanjeev sanyal too along with india millennium by tharoor
    ·
  • Have you read ramesh Singh ?

I read it last year. ..I would not recommend it because essays were economics oriented. ..
    I read fellow aspirants essay on vvrias website nd insight...
    they helped a lot...
    you may form a group of 3 or 4 friends with different optionals and write on same topic.. it will be more helpful :-)
    ·
  • Tat sounds good idea..is anyone interested to share and review essay?
    ·
  • @wisdom_tooth land of 7rivers is actually a very good book, heard alot

@Aksbi29 i too use to read insights essay, but I don't find it useful any longer
    ·
  • insights has become more leftist than their father the hindu newspaper u can see their topics of debates extreme left communists..
    ·
  • Its not just about topics, even the answers people write are not so good, and they do not give any synopsis.. So as long as i don't get to read a good essay , i won't understand where I made mistake and what was the right way to approach that topic

Btw I gone through this another book , contemporary essays by alok ranjan
    if anyone got any idea please enlighten, I think I'm gonna buy it.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

UPCOMING EVENTS by ForumIAS
No upcoming events

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog