The Only Test Series you will ever need to crack Prelims 2017
Join ForumIAS Prelims 2017 Test Series – 31 Tests to cover the full syllabus – with 10 Sectional Tests6 Subjectwise Tests and 8 Simulator Tests ™ to cover the full syllabus. This will be supplemented by 2 Full Length Current Affairs Tests and 1 Test on Economic Survey and India Year Book. On your request, we have also included discussion classes/videos for each Test.

11 of us detained and brutally beaten up @ South Avenue Police Station

11 OF US DETAINED AND BRUTALLY BEATEN UP @ SOUTH AVENUE POLICE STATION
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ITS A CALL TO SHOW SOLIDARITY HELP US RELIEVE THESE 11 STUDENTS WHO ARE BRUTALLY BEATEN UP AT SOUTH AVENUE POLICE STATION..PLEASE JOIN US IMMEDIATELY TO GET THEM RELEASED..

CLOSE TO 200 DAYS MORE THAN 50 PEOPLE HAVE WORKED THEIR BACKSIDES OFF SO THAT MORE THAN 4 LAKH AFFECTED CANDIDATES CAN DREAM AGAIN..11 PROTESTS, 7 DETENTIONS AT POLICE STATION, MEETING 100s OF LEADERS, GARNERING THE SUPPORT OF MORE THAN 180 MPs..ALL IS DONE..AND NOW THE POLICE IS IMPERIOUS TO US AND HAS TREATED US WITH BRUTE..IT IS A SHAME.. THIS IS AN EFFORT TOWARDS EMPOWERMENT..

TEAM CSE-JUSTICE
There's only one known heaven and i live in it
·

Comments

• Brutally beaten ... :o for what fault?
    This is bad :(
    ·
  • yeh to hona hi tha too much is bad for health.

isme 'too much' kya hai?
    it is better avoid jokes and jokers at this serious juncture @salvationseeker.
    ·
  • edited April 2016
    can any1 please enlist the rationales legitimizing use of violent means by state?

p.s. asking in general, not particularly for this instant; some1 who is or whosoever knows an ips or a trainee ips may provide good information on this. It would be very helpful, for this particular instant as well
    इस बात पर मुझे हँसना चाहिए।

Hobbies: Reading and Writing | Listening to Ghazals
    ·
  • Is dis 3 more attempts demand r beyond dose olrdy mentioned 6 attempts.
    if yes ,i m affraid d real protestors n genuine aspirants whose total life is now on helm of upsc .will ever harness d benefit of dis 3 more attempts.n only dose olrdy movd on wid strong backups will reiterate to earn dere berth in holy pdf.or dose who r completely tethar n living parasitic life of kya fark parta hain!!
    As dis exam like any grt competitive xms is real test of confidence beyond certain degree f hardwork.n dat confidence can only b earnd through financial empowerment. or through heightened tethrai!!
    btw i hav total soliderity wid u ol peple protesting.i just hope not only ur demands r met but also u book ur seat in upsc n come out f dis viscious cycle wid joy n pride!! atb
    ·
  • नीलोत्पल मृणाल से संपर्क करें और हो सके तो विकास दिव्यकीर्ति (दृष्टि कोचिंग के डारेक्टर) ..... ये वो दो लोग हैं जिन्होंने ऐतिहासिक csat आंदोलन को सफल बनाया हैं। एक ने पर्दे के आगे से भूमिका निभायी तो एक ने पर्दे के पीछे से। अगर मांगे मनवाना है तो इनका साथ बहुत जरूरी है।

विकास जी कोचिंग पर मिलेंगे मुखर्जी नगर में बाकी नीलोत्पल भैया से फसेबूक पर संपर्क करें। यदि मेरे पास उनका contact no होता तो जरूर देता मगर में डेल्ही से बहुत दूर हूँ तो मजबूर हूँ।
    Assistant Commandant ITBP
    ·
  • edited April 2016
    @finding_neverland my prayers and best wishes to students who were hurt/injured in this process. wish them speedy recovery.

@ruminance-1 sir/madam use of violence by state is a very complex issue. although imho state should use violent methods only when there is serious threat to the law and order and chances that the group of civilians/protesters are armed and pose threat to the public property(physical damage). i do not think peaceful protesters should be assaulted no matter how illogical or logical their their demands be.
    Character has to be established through a thousand stumbles...
    ·
  • UPSC - should be open to recruit candidates for civil services from all background and categories, till the age of 40 years with no restrictions in number of attempts.
    ·
    if yes ,i m affraid d real protestors n genuine aspirants whose total life is now on helm of upsc .will ever harness d benefit of dis 3 more attempts.n only dose olrdy movd on wid strong backups will reiterate to earn dere berth in holy pdf.or dose who r completely tethar n living parasitic life of kya fark parta hain!!
    As dis exam like any grt competitive xms is real test of confidence beyond certain degree f hardwork.n dat confidence can only b earnd through financial empowerment. or through heightened tethrai!!
    btw i hav total soliderity wid u ol peple protesting.i just hope not only ur demands r met but also u book ur seat in upsc n come out f dis viscious cycle wid joy n pride!! atb

Your post is interesting. Your choice of words and the typos generally don't go together. Hence Very interesting to say the least.
    ·
  • edited April 2016
    @finding_neverland call media attention and blow this issue....it would also help the cause
    ·
  • My sympathy and support lies with aspirants. I also attended the first protest outside the residence of DoPT Minister Jitendra Singh. But genuinely I dnt feel that the demand of 3 more attempt is genuine. After that I backed out from the movement as I feel 3 more demands as unjust. There could have been other demands to offset the injustice. Although the ritual of Syllabus Change every year by UPSC is disgustingly outrageous. It has ruined the life of thousands of candidates including me. Who should be held accountable is the moot point.
    ·
  • Beating up protesting aspirants is deplorable on Polices' part. I hope no more attrocities are heaped on already suffering aspirants.

A few suggestions,

Firstly, Have you guys tried contacting Rahul Gandhi in this regard? Last time he did help. Moreover, with congress in the fray BJP too shall take this more seriously.

Secondly, Instead of asking for 3 attempts, why not make this movement about removing the CSAT entirely or removing the optionals. This way many more would be able to connect to the cause. At present, only those who are nearing the age limit or have already crossed the age limit criteria are with us.

Ignore, if you guys have already considered this.

All the Best.
    ·

Your post is interesting. Your choice of words and the typos generally don't go together. Hence Very interesting to say the least.
    thnx..even if urs cmmnt iz sarcasm.lolz :D
    ·
  • edited April 2016
    yaar Gorkhaland ke liye bhi 1000 protestors aate hain.. aur Gorkhaland ki demand to CSE Justice ki demand jaisi hi "authentic" hai..
    lathicharge hota hai (that too on gurkha ex servicemen) aur arrest bhi.. fir bhi Gorkhaland nahi bana..

Somewhere these CSE Justice people have a weak line of argument.

Ab aao sab tuut pado mujhpe... Elitist bolo..Bacha bolo.. Chu**** bolo...Macaulay putr bolo.. Vacuous soch wala..
    aur CSE Justice walon ki favorite line bhi bolo --> "Haan tum ban gaye ho na IAS, List me naam aa gaya hai naa, leave us poor people at our own mercy."

bas khud ko sach mat bolo..

mujhe sab kuch bolo :)

Kaun kehta hai Aasman me chhed nahi hota ? Ek patthar toh tabiyat se uchhal ke dekho janaab
    Prelims -2 Mains-2* Interview - 0*
    ·
  • gaurav29 said:

नीलोत्पल मृणाल से संपर्क करें और हो सके तो विकास दिव्यकीर्ति (दृष्टि कोचिंग के डारेक्टर) ..... ये वो दो लोग हैं जिन्होंने ऐतिहासिक csat आंदोलन को सफल बनाया हैं। एक ने पर्दे के आगे से भूमिका निभायी तो एक ने पर्दे के पीछे से। अगर मांगे मनवाना है तो इनका साथ बहुत जरूरी है।

विकास जी कोचिंग पर मिलेंगे मुखर्जी नगर में बाकी नीलोत्पल भैया से फसेबूक पर संपर्क करें। यदि मेरे पास उनका contact no होता तो जरूर देता मगर में डेल्ही से बहुत दूर हूँ तो मजबूर हूँ।

In qtiyon ka naam mat lo.
    भैया लेकिन नैया पार शायद यही लोग लगा पाएं। इनकी राजनीतिक पकड़ भी मजबूत हैं
    Assistant Commandant ITBP
    ·
  • Katai accha nahi hua! Police should have not resorted to such violence! My heart goes out for the injustice suffered!

Keep it up, keep going ahead. U all have come too far to actually step back!
    The ultimate Upsc strategy that you will ever need: http://discuss.forumias.com/discussion/14380/beginners-adda/p1
    ·
  • Beating up protesting aspirants is deplorable on Polices' part. I hope no more attrocities are heaped on already suffering aspirants.

A few suggestions,

Firstly, Have you guys tried contacting Rahul Gandhi in this regard? Last time he did help. Moreover, with congress in the fray BJP too shall take this more seriously.

Secondly, Instead of asking for 3 attempts, why not make this movement about removing the CSAT entirely or removing the optionals. This way many more would be able to connect to the cause. At present, only those who are nearing the age limit or have already crossed the age limit criteria are with us.

Ignore, if you guys have already considered this.

All the Best.

optional toh bhaiya agle 5-10 saal tak nhi jaayega.. this is guarantee.. tumse zyada zor UGC lobby laagegi optional retain karne m..
    ·
  • Wo log sharam karo Jinko attempt bhi chahiye aur fir bhi ghar baithe update mang rahe hain. Handful of guys who were beaten mercilessly are staging fast till death. Thodi bhi sharam ho to chennai ho ya Surat chale aao.
    ·
  • This might sound inappropriate to a lot of ppl on this thread but lets start reasoning out...
    UPSC preparation if done sincerely would have instilled one thing in us and that is rationality, all those protesting for extra attempts for whatever reason ask urself if IAS(UPSC) is a means or an end...??

If it is a means then use ur rationality to find or create another route and if it is an end u need to ask urself what u want to do with ur life, analyse ur interests and strengths, its never too late....

This proces may or may not be easy but it will definitely be a learning and growing process....
    I am nobody to judge if getting beaten up in a police station is right or wrong, but I have every right to request you'll to start resoning and analysing....

Each one of us have opportunities, few of us use it to our best and few of us don't but opportunities don't end...
    If we narrow our vision and crave for only 1 thing our creativity and diversity will not be utilised to its fullest..
    ·
  • Jab sochna ko kaho tho bhashan hi lagegi, u don't use rationality and post threads such as getting brutally beaten up... nobody wants to identify the root cause....
    All the very best for all future endeavours.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google