NEW REVISION CLASSES PRE'17 History+ Environment+Govt Schemes

Thank you for your tremendous response, to the revision classes for Prelims 2017being conducted in New Delhi. Based on your requests and suggestions, we have come up with new classes as per below schedule
(1)Art & Culture Revision ( REPEAT ) - May 27th & 28th, (2) Modern History ( REPEAT ) - May 30th (3) Govt Schemes + Allied Issues - May 31st (4) Environment & Ecology - Friday, June 2

Seats fill up in a few hours, and we don't plan any more repeat classes, so register early. Click Here to get more details and register early to avoid inconvenience. All revision classes will be held from 5PM to 8PM.

Is it a good idea to appear for SSC, Banking, CAPF and State PCS etc. while preparing for UPSC?

I am preparing for UPSC. I was thinking of writing other govt competitive exams like IBPS, SSC and CAPF while preparing. Is it a good idea to prepare for these exams?

Or will it be a distraction?

I am not looking for a career backup option as of now, and I dont want to go for backup jobs either. Perspective of @Jon_Snow and @VIP @Nocturnal90 and others will be very useful.

Thanks
Writing CSE Mains 2016
·

Comments

• If it doesn't become over load for you then do give a shot.
    Being engineer you don't need to work any thing extra for maths except bit practice,and these exam might help improve your english ability (as learning has no limits),and english being asked in SSC is of good level.So, in short give them a try but ensure that ur UPSC prepration is not hampered as daily competition is increasing astronomically. :)
    ·
  • VIP said:

If it doesn't become over load for you then do give a shot.
    Being engineer you don't need to work any thing extra for maths except bit practice,and these exam might help improve your english ability (as learning has no limits),and english being asked in SSC is of good level.So, in short give them a try but ensure that ur UPSC prepration is not hampered as daily competition is increasing astronomically. :)

Sir, that has been my biggest concern.

I have no knowledge of these exams, but one think I know after solving the papers is that SSC and all can be easily cracked with some practise and giving 5-10 days for GK . I was seeing UPPCS Tests papers and found that 5-10 days of dedicated studies is enough for it.

The distraction is definitely a possibility, but what is also there that writing exams keeps one in flow and if you write a couple of exams, by UPSC mains, you are well acquainted with the competition.

I think this flow will help in the exam, but I did want to have some deliberation on the forum for the same.

Thank you so much for your reply sir.

@neyawn @Jon_Snow sir, any views on this?
    Writing CSE Mains 2016
    ·
  • @VivekJ2 bhai sahab don't take SSC CGL , RBI grade B so lightly..they select best out of the best. For thousands of post more than millions apply and 80-90% are serious candidates unlike in UPSC where % of serious candidates is low.
    You are gonna need immense practice for these two exams
    Never Out of Fight
    ·
  • @VivekJ2 bhai sahab don't take SSC CGL , RBI grade B so lightly..they select best out of the best. For thousands of post more than millions apply and 80-90% are serious candidates unlike in UPSC where % of serious candidates is low.

I agree ,competition is vv tough.
    ·
  • bhai ....ek baar km ache se UPSC ka exam to de do.....tumhara to goal hi nhi clear h ....mtlb aise bol rhe ho ki ye exam de doon wo exam de doon....kahin bhi nikal gya to chala jaunga.....pehle decide kr lo kahan jana h ...4 jagah dimaag rakhoge to na idhar k rahoge na udhar k .....becoz yahan log baithe h UPSC ki tayari mein who will make ur life more harder if u dont give ur 100% in this exam .....
    PS : ye janhit mein jaari h .....iska kisi ko demotivate krne se koi taaluuq nhi h
    ·

+ 11
    ·
  • edited March 2016
    I never appeared for the exams you mentioned but there is no doubt on @Captain_Peroxide 's wisdom that giving exams keeps our momentum alive otherwise usually we don't study if we don't have exams overhead (atleast I don't) however with no csat these exams are not going to help much. There is nothing wrong in filling up the application forms, and any success whether you aim for it or not will boost your confidence. I had appeared for mppsc prelims but then didn't appear for its mains because the dates were too close to ifs mains exam. My suggestion would be fill up the forms it is always your choice at the end of the day.
    IFS-2015 AIR:12. Joining FC on 29th August

http://nehasrivastavaifs.blogspot.in/?m=1
    ·
  • Capf - yes. Because no need of extra prep. Ssc- yes because you are an engineer. Ibps - beware. They ask crap in the name of general awareness.
    pre - 2, mains - 1*
    ·
  • SSC mein bhi todu competition hai bhai.
    ·
  • If you dont need a backup then you should not give any exam having syllabus different from civils. Directly/indirectly they will only distract and in case you appear without preparation then may demotivate you.
    Karma - the Panacea
    ·
  • If you dont need a backup then you should not give any exam having syllabus different from civils. Directly/indirectly they will only distract and in case you appear without preparation then may demotivate you.

+1
    ·

kisne kaha h bhai 80-90% serious students hote h ......it is the level of exam jo competition high kr deta h. Jitna easy utna competition.... seriousness is not the necessary and sufficient condition for determining the competition level in any exam. Agar 80-90% serious log ho gye na to India top pe pahuch jayega.
    ·

agreed man, but backup is necessary for the people who are not from the prestigious colleges.
    Character has to be established through a thousand stumbles...
    ·

agreed man, but backup is necessary for the people who are not from the prestigious colleges.
    Bhai he has himself said that he dont need backup dats y i said that.
    You are right about a backup as i am myself in the desperate need of a backup. (Logon ne naak me damm kar rakha h :s )

Karma - the Panacea
    ·
  • VivekJ2 said:

I am preparing for UPSC. I was thinking of writing other govt competitive exams like IBPS, SSC and CAPF while preparing. Is it a good idea to prepare for these exams?

Or will it be a distraction?

I am not looking for a career backup option as of now, and I dont want to go for backup jobs either. Perspective of @Jon_Snow and @VIP @Nocturnal90 and others will be very useful.

Thanks

why would you appear for other exans if u aint looking for backup..???
    ·
  • Dont give..dese ppr 2 poles apart evn capf,.dese exam hv drevown style n prep level..upsc takes d best out of every indian exam wid req inputs frm itself to take it a diff exam oltogether...dese exams r seemingly but competition in them ll demotivate u..cgl aspirants just do maths eng reasonin fr years while upsc aspirant is husy in his yojana n surveys
    ·
  • ek baar bhi upsc nahi diya aur baaki exams ko aise dekh rahe ho... u think uppcs prelims requires 10 days only?? and ssc doesnt require anything./?? i know 2 people who failed in ssc but cleared upsc.. so without giving exams , dont compare them .. pehle swimming seekho fir paani ko kuch bolo.. baahar se toh mere uncle bhi bolte hain ki ye easy hain wo easy hain... all the best...
    It is Job Hi Karwalo .. not Jo Bhi Karwalo.... mind it
    ·
  • ek baar bhi upsc nahi diya aur baaki exams ko aise dekh rahe ho... u think uppcs prelims requires 10 days only?? and ssc doesnt require anything./?? i know 2 people who failed in ssc but cleared upsc.. so without giving exams , dont compare them .. pehle swimming seekho fir paani ko kuch bolo.. baahar se toh mere uncle bhi bolte hain ki ye easy hain wo easy hain... all the best...

Bhai sahi bole ho.
    ·
  • What i think is,

If you have completed the syllabus once whole heartedly, then you should definitely prepare for and take other examinations.

If not, then just focus on either UPSC alone or first clear some other exam by focusing on it, as there syllabus and pattern is quite different.

Otherwise you will be doing a different preparation every month which will give you good results in all but not enough to qualify all stages and you will be keep doing that.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google