Interview Assistance Program by ForumIAS

Congratulations on reaching the last leg of the Civil Services Examination. We would want you to clear this too. We are working on an Interview Assistance Program. Read here or leave your details by filling this form. Note : Since we have a limited handling capacity, things will happen on First Come First Serve Basis.
Mains Guidance Program 2017 - Schedule B

ForumIAS is now open for admissions to MGP 2017 - Schedule B starting from March 4 Click here to know more and enroll. Note : Number of seats is limited to 100.

Interview Board: Your opinion and Marks in previous Interviews

Friends,
Which of the board you think is best based on your experience?
Give ur past intrvw boards and marks..just an exercise to REMOVE ANY PRE CONCEIVED NOTIONS ABOUT ANY BOARD?
Mine
VINAY MITTAL SIR - 193
·

Comments

• plezz avoid this type of useless discussion before interview which is nt constructive, no one going to choose its board its totally random, we can discuss some basic board esp approach which can helpfull
    ·
  • The one which grills you enough to make you feel as you are discussing among friends and lets you feel a little proud of your performance when you do come back out of that door.
    ·
  • @hopkins I liked your description :) :)
    ·
  • David and Chattar Singh
    |If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine|| ||Upsc wars veteran|
    ·
  • what about david sir?
    Our survival instinct is our single greatest source of inspiration. - Dr. Mann
    ·
  • @rookie bhai can u tell ur marks and board too
    ·
  • edited February 2016
    i hope upsc members dont see this thread and alert david sir and chattar singh....Oh Man , you hv taken risk by asking this question in open forum..
    Our survival instinct is our single greatest source of inspiration. - Dr. Mann
    ·
  • edited February 2016
    Vinay Mittal, 179

I haven't heard of him to take stress interview. Questions weren't factual.

Kilmengsungla (spelling?) mam is retiring on 29th of this month. Rest all will be same.

Someone please share transcripts of new members who might have taken CAPF or IFS interview.
    My watch has ended.
    ·
  • JohnSnow said:

When is Alka Sirohi mam retiring?

lol .. on 03-01-2017
    Indian Revenue Service
    अबकी बारी, ज़िला अधिकारी ||
    ·
  • alka mam had given 195 and above too lats year..Itachi got that..anyone else
    ·
  • Hi,
    Is there any chance that Manbir singh board favours IFS aspirants?
    ·
  • Hi,

No board will favor or unfavor you based on such choices you make. But you will have to prepare the IR part in and out.
    My watch has ended.
    ·
  • alka mam had given 195 and above too lats year..Itachi got that..anyone else

yaar maa'm ka main prob is not about high or low score as such.
    but for avg person to score even avg marks will be problem.
    But who can score 180+ or like in any other board will score higher. She has not averaging tendency like some board.
    so most probably either u will score high or low.
    In simple language if u plot marks vs student in alka maa'm 2 peak u will get one ard 120-30 other ard 180-200.

others boards peak will be ard 150-70.

every board award whole range of marks.
    ·
  • This is a pointless discussion. Though I'm not the most experienced here having just one interview experience (of CAPF) but still here's what i think.

If you make up your mind or have some preconceived notions about a particular board before going in and you get a board that day which you think is brutal then invariably that'll affect your performance. So it's better to go with an oprn mind. Don't worry about the interview board, worry about your personality, your preparation, how you're going to tackle questions.
    Interview board is not sitting there only to reject candidates but also to select them.
    Simple point is, every year people get selected from every board, people get good marks in every board.
    So rather than worrying about what's not in your hand, worry about what is.
    ATB :) , may you succeed.
    Thus conscience makes cowards of us all
    ·
  • JohnSnow said:

When is Alka Sirohi mam retiring?

lol .. on 03-01-2017
    Ha ha. Just saw. I thought she was retiring but it was Kilmengsungla.

Does Alka Sirohi's focus more on factual questions?
    My watch has ended.
    ·
  • JohnSnow said:

Hi,

No board will favor or unfavor you based on such choices you make. But you will have to prepare the IR part in and out.
    thanks.
    ·
  • edited February 2016
    @warrior0602 wo kin logon ko jyada ragadti hai..who are average in what ??
    ·
  • edited February 2016

@warrior0602 wo kin logon ko jyada ragadti hai..who are average in what ??

if someone is less in confidence then every board awards less marks that's a fact one should admit it.
    but in some board like vm sir he may perform well as he generally asks logical ques and less factual so one prepared with daf and current end up with avg marks.
    but AS will start with factual ques (let me say not knowing is not prob I saw transcript of someone scoring 190-210/300 he was not able to answer many factual ques if he was honestly sharing script I believe him) then confidence play a role.
    In other way boards evaluate differently and sometimes it aligns with ur natural weakness or strength so same person scored 225 and 125 in consecutive attempts :|
    ·
  • edited February 2016
    Go with an open mind. I remember last year, as soon as it was announced that table no 5 wud go to sirohi mam's board, all on that table, looked so dejected... its not in our hands, so.. even i pray i get david sir's or chatar singh's board, esp chatar singh he, is v easy to talk, never puts anyone in stress, and interacts more... and is generous with marks too... But i have a strong hunch , i wud face dewan sir this time.. he does most of the talking ... not easy person.. but i have yet to see anyone not happy with his marking pattern. He focused more on current issues --
    one of friend, was asked to draw map of ukraine .. :)
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google