NEW REVISION CLASSES PRE'17 History+ Environment+Govt Schemes

Thank you for your tremendous response, to the revision classes for Prelims 2017being conducted in New Delhi. Based on your requests and suggestions, we have come up with new classes as per below schedule
(1)Art & Culture Revision ( REPEAT ) - May 27th & 28th, (2) Modern History ( REPEAT ) - May 30th (3) Govt Schemes + Allied Issues - May 31st (4) Environment & Ecology - Friday, June 2

Seats fill up in a few hours, and we don't plan any more repeat classes, so register early. Click Here to get more details and register early to avoid inconvenience. All revision classes will be held from 5PM to 8PM.

How to prepare Punjabi Optional for UPSC Mains?

Kindly share as to how to approach this optional?
How much time does it take to prepare this optional??
Do we have to read lot of books in this optional??

Any useful online resources available??
·

Comments

• kindly share
    ·
  • plz comment
    ·
  • there is group related to punjab civil services...search and ask in that group...u might get some help
    ·
  • anybody done coaching ???? any notes/material..?
    ·
  • http://prabhjotsinghgujral.blogspot.in/2011/08/guidance-for-punjabi-literature.html
    You may find this link useful.
    Or there is some coaching by Mitali mam in ludhiana.I dont know any detalils though because my optional is not punjabi literature.
    I have just heard of her.
    ·
  • Glory7 said:

http://prabhjotsinghgujral.blogspot.in/2011/08/guidance-for-punjabi-literature.html
    Or there is some coaching by Mitali mam in ludhiana.I dont know any detalils though because my optional is not punjabi literature.

have u done with coaching of punjabi optional?
    ·
  • edited February 2016
    thanks a lot guys for the feedbacks.... @renolds @Glory7 @wackytooth

how much time does it take to cover punjabi optional?? i m switching from geography to punjabi....and I know its herculean job to cover its syllabus and new research keeps happening in it which leads to new types of questions every year...

If I am correct, punjabi is more or less a static optional....or does new type of questions are still framed in it??
    ·
  • renolds said:

Glory7 said:

http://prabhjotsinghgujral.blogspot.in/2011/08/guidance-for-punjabi-literature.html

have u done with coaching of punjabi optional?
    No,i have not done.
    ·
  • thanks a lot guys for the feedbacks.... @renolds @Glory7 @wackytooth

how much time does it take to cover punjabi optional?? i m switching from geography to punjabi....and I know its herculean job to cover its syllabus and new research keeps happening in it which leads to new types of questions every year...

If I am correct, punjabi is more or less a static optional....or does new type of questions are still framed in it??

punjabi lit is definitely more static compared to geo. but for the last 2 years new type of questions are coming. These require indepth study. Moreover now u have to study complete syllabus and can not leave even a section. 4 months of dedicated study is required.

·
  • edited February 2016

thanks a lot guys for the feedbacks.... @renolds @Glory7 @wackytooth

punjabi lit is definitely more static compared to geo. but for the last 2 years new type of questions are coming. These require indepth study. Moreover now u have to study complete syllabus and can not leave even a section. 4 months of dedicated study is required.

thanks a lot friend :) have u taken any coaching for for it?? given any attempt with it ?? what r d average marks obtained in it?? if i m correct, abt 300 people take this optional.
    @sachinnew1
    ·

thanks a lot friend :) have u taken any coaching for for it?? given any attempt with it ?? what r d average marks obtained in it?? if i m correct, abt 300 people take this optional.
    @sachinnew1
    not more than 50 candidates appear in mains with this optional. I have written mains twice. Could not clear. reason was not punjabi. last time got 240. this time dont know.
    ·

@sachinnew1
    not more than 50 candidates appear in mains with this optional. I have written mains twice. Could not clear. reason was not punjabi. last time got 240. this time dont know.
    brother can u please suggest the prep tips for punjabi optional and books to read.
    ·
  • books are same as suggested by Prabhjot sir. For coaching there are 3 options--
    1) Joshi sir in Jalandhar
    2)Abhimanyu in Chandigarh
    3)Rahi sir in Patiala

or try this
    https://www.facebook.com/Punjabi-Literature-for-IAS-917428421624409/?fref=ts
    ·
  • thanks sachin...

plz give any feedback about mitali talwar mam also if u have any...
    ·
  • sorry bro
    No idea
    ·
  • thanks sachin :)
    ·
  • how to do bulleh shah kalam?? do we have mug up all the poems by heart or read them in some other manner??

kindly suggest
    ·
  • how to do bulleh shah kalam?? do we have mug up all the poems by heart or read them in some other manner??

kindly suggest

22 mai vi mithali mam da contact labda piya ....... thinking about shifting to punj literature ....... my skype id batthworld ........ othe gal kar de is bare
    ·
  • 22 main skype te ni aa.....inbox me here please
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google