ForumIAS Prelims 2018 Open Test:Result Declared
A score of 80+ would be a good score whereas 70+ is a decent score.To Check Result Click here
There are some changes in Solution and Answer Key. Click here

Subscribing to EPW

edited September 2015 in Current Affairs
Any body has an idea, how does one subscribe to epw? (on their web-site the only option is subscribing to 1 year offer costing 1975)
CSM 2015 - Economics

Comments

• edited June 2013
    I have another question here... Is EPW really necessary for Mains ? I have no plans of referring EPW as of now.
  • its not about any particular magazine or book being absolutely necessary for the mains, keeping the current syllabus in perspective.. what applies to the rest, applies to EPW as well.. take whatever you need, or you feel can be applicable.. the judgement is totally yours.. EPW is a scholarly magazine and a few articles can really be helpful to add that much needed extra bit of perspective.. its all about knowing where to look and what to look for..
    [ CSE-2013 ]
  • Any body has an idea, how does one subscribe to epw? (on their web-site the only option is subscribing to 1 year offer costing 1975)
    The subscription cost (Print Edition) for an individual based in India is Rs. 875/- for 6 months. You may contact them at circulation@epw.in. The link for subscription is http://www.epw.in/subscribe.html

One is not born, but rather becomes, a woman.
  • edited June 2013
    Any body has an idea, how does one subscribe to epw? (on their web-site the only option is subscribing to 1 year offer costing 1975)
    The subscription cost (Print Edition) for an individual based in India is Rs. 875/- for 6 months. You may contact them at circulation@epw.in. The link for subscription is http://www.epw.in/subscribe.html
    They have discounted rates for UPSC aspirants. I think it is 750 per year. Do confirm once.
  • Here are the rates for EPW :)

Go for the students category.
    They are not going to cross check.
    2013-06-16 10.10.48 pm.png
    674 x 226 - 21K
    Law

"We've got to live, no matter how many skies have fallen."
  • @alexiaaicha They do cross check. I have subscribed to epw, they requested a scanned copy of my id.

- There was a full page advertisement in Yojana - Discounted rate for UPSC aspirants.
  • edited June 2013
    @alexiaaicha They do cross check. I have subscribed to epw, they requested a scanned copy of my id.

- There was a full page advertisement in Yojana - Discounted rate for UPSC aspirants.
    I subscribed one year edition at 825/- and they didn't crosschecked. :) i did when i was employed ;)
    | Commerce | "Conformity is the slowest form of Suicide."
  • @alexiaaicha They do cross check. I have subscribed to epw, they requested a scanned copy of my id.

Even I had seen that but can't find it now :( Any idea which issue that was?

@alexiaaicha
    We better not circumvent rules :)

One is not born, but rather becomes, a woman.
  • @Partho I didn't get any request from their end for my ID.
    If they do then I'll have to come up with something!

@Vazu lucky you! ;)
    Law

"We've got to live, no matter how many skies have fallen."
  • @Partho I didn't get any request from their end for my ID.
    If they do then I'll have to come up with something!

@Vazu lucky you! ;)
    - Any id will do - Just tell them you are an upsc aspirant - Send the copy of your pre admit card too!

• They make the whole copy available online. At any point of time, current issue as well as 3 previous EPW issues can be read free of cost. I find it easier way and that's what I do in office.
  • They may or may not verify student subscriptions...
    I think a working professional/unemployed person subscribing as student is in the moral grey area...

But the same working person paying for the EPW subscription of a student close to him (neighbor/sibling) and later "occasionally" "borrowing" the magazine is morally and legally clean...
    Don't you think...?
    TAX ASSISTANT IN CUSTOMS (CGLE 2014)
  • edited June 2013
    EPW readily available free in online , I prefer to download it , rather subscribing .
    Definitely Editorials [one or two pages max] which I love to read and make notes from it , rest bit scholar work . Only read those if useful for preparations , rest kept avoided
    2017--> 8th attempt
  • They may or may not verify student subscriptions...
    I think a working professional/unemployed person subscribing as student is in the moral grey area...

But the same working person paying for the EPW subscription of a student close to him (neighbor/sibling) and later "occasionally" "borrowing" the magazine is morally and legally clean...
    Don't you think...?
    Dear,

1.) Are you using PDFs of books?

2.) Have you downloaded any single material from sharing notes thread where people shared test series , Notes, Material of different coachings which were specifically for them(Individually) and not for others?

3.) And about sponsoring neighbour, how many times you or many of us donated money to wikipedia which we are using since childhood?

Too much of paper four will not make you administrator brother, but i wish for you "Best of Luck"

:)
  • thanks everybody...I e-mailed them, they said upsc admit card is enough for the student discount. I need to read it more comprehensively as my optional is eco and that why prefer the hard copy rather than the online version
    CSM 2015 - Economics
  • I saw this book today for the first time. And found it good from mains point of view. I will subscribe. Please specify what other materials/magazines you follow (apart from cst, frontline etc.)

Even I had seen that but can't find it now :( Any idea which issue that was?

Yojana May 2013 issue, Page 20 :)
  • edited November 2014
    will anyone of you having subscription to EPW upload this article-
    Women Participation and Rationing in the Employment Guarantee Scheme
    http://www.epw.in/special-articles/women-participation-and-rationing-employment-guarantee-scheme.html
    I want to see how these 'locked' articles are, & offcourse read this one :D TIA
    There is a tide in the affairs of men. Which, taken at the flood, leads on to fortune.
  • EPW-to read digital archived articles we need subscription but am not able to create account .
    मैं खड़ा हूँ उसी दोराहे पे, आज भी इंतज़ार में तेरे !
    या तो ज़िन्दगी आये तेरे लिबास में! या मैं चलूँ फिरदौस की तलाश में !!
  • @Joe how to read epw online link please?
  • If you want any article from EPW, paste the link here, I will upload the PDF.
  • How to subscribe "World Focus" e-magazine?
  • @UjjalBharat shukriya for your generosity but i had already subscribed for 3 months afterward i will contact to you only ;)
  • How to subscribe "World Focus" e-magazine?
    Subscribe here:
    http://www.magzter.com/IN/WORLD-FOCUS/World-Focus/Education/

Few months back they were giving the magazine for 2 years at the price of 1 year. Don't know if the offer is still available.

@jatsab Sure bro. Just ping me a message if you want any article.
  • @UjjalBharat thanks dost :\">
  • @RaisinaKing below is step to subscribe in free follow it ....

Subscribe here:
    http://www.magzter.com/IN/WORLD-FOCUS/World-Focus/Education/

1st - Login

2nd -After login go in "REFER A FRIENDS"

3rd - when you refer to your friends email id, for every reference you get 5$ .... 5$*60 = 300rs

4th - suppose you need BUSINESS TODAY - 1 year subscription = 399rs, so refer 2 friends you get 10$ means 10$ * 60rs = 600rs then you easily buy it.

5th - remember when you refer to your friend email id, from that email id he/she will login atleast once, then only you get 5$.

6th - if you want more magazine like wise refer to your more friends and get 5$.

and enjoy reading as many as you like magazine in free
  • @UjjalBharat Thanks for the info.

@jackisbck Just checked the website. The website is offering a 'Gold' Package, which offers magazines like World focus, Caravan, Outlook, PD, Competition in Focus, and Frontline among others for Rs 499 a month (It includes downloading the magazine for offline reading, It also includes past issues of the said magazines). They are also offering a 7 days free trial. I have tried to subscribed the package but they have a "credit card only" policy and i do not have any credit card :(
  • edited February 2015
    @RaisinaKing

bro, i will subscribe it in free and you are talking to pay 500rs ... what i say, in the end its your money...

follow my step and subscribe any magazine you want in magzter website.... world fous, frontline, PD, outlook, etc.... no credit card needed no money deposit ... just do what i say and enjoy reading...

one thing, about download .... download means in website it will download not in your laptop/pc, once you download in website then it will store in your library so you read as many number of time..

i subscribe 20 magazine in free
  • @jackisbck I wanted to subscribe it because i want to access the magazines offline too.. but as you are saying that i can't download it on my laptop... Subscribe karne ka koi faayda nahi hain :(

Actually i live in a small town and have no access to English newspapers and magazines, Only Hindi newspapers like Hindustan and Dainik Jagran etc are available here, further no broadband services and/or 3G/4G mobile/data services are available here. Only option for me---> e-magazines.

Thanks anyway :)
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://blog.forumias.com/courses

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog