Current Affairs + Answer Writing Classes by ForumIAS

Admissions to the Revision Classes for Mains ( Current Affairs+ Answer Writing ) is now open at the Offline Center in New Delhi. Click here to know more and enroll.. Note : Rs. 1000 OFF for all MGP Students , valid till July 11. Email student@forumias.academy to request refund of Rs. 1000 or Visit our Offline Center at http://is.gd/ForumIAS

Hobby: playing badminton

Bhai log shuru ho jaao about probable questions.. I like playing it a lot ,but zero about technicalities and know only basic rules
·

Comments

• Sahi bhai thanks a lot...hope you will come up with more such questions...
    ·
  • Bhai please come up with questions....many people must have filled this great sport as hobby...so please enlighten each other
    ·
  • Do you know that badminton was started in India?? If yes then elaborate...
    2014:-1st attempt:-1st interview
    2015:-2nd attempt:-lost to mains cutoff by single mark
    2016:-3rd attempt:--(still processing.....)
    ·
  • Why is it called badminton and after whom??
    ·
  • When was it insulted in Olympics??
    Role of gopi chand as a private coach and Indian team coach?? Conflict of interest??
    ·
  • Bahut sahi @zalim_ias_07 bhai...I don't know any of these stuffs but such questions would lead me in right searchings
    ·
  • How many feathers in a shuttle cock and how to slow it??
    Name an old player other than prakash padukone...

Ps: I am a national level player.....
    ·
  • Bhai saheb pranam...aapse kya question kiye gaye the interview mein...I have recently picked up this hobby...I know its too late...and should have started when I was 12...but still please guide me
    ·
  • i was asked what the sports policy of india...
    name a state(chhattisgarh) specific sports policy of your area...
    how will give specific input if your made the incharge of sports for your state
    ·
  • Hmm bhai aapse isliye puchha ho ga cause u r national level khiladi...I don't think such questions would be asked to me...but then can't say anything about mighty upsc... Can u send me name of some good books or information manuals about badminton... Have u made any notes about same?
    ·
  • Bhai I know most of the technical terms..... No book..... Just go through Wikipedia and a little Search on current and old players should suffice bro..... Hobbies se vase bhi ek ya do hi question bante hai.... Do update on the recent south asian games...... They will be imp
    ·
  • Bhai I know most of the technical terms..... No book..... Just go through Wikipedia and a little Search on current and old players should suffice bro..... Hobbies se vase bhi ek ya do hi question bante hai.... Do update on the recent south asian games...... They will be imp

Thanks bhaai, will keep on asking things to u

·
  • I have same hobby..... Is any one active in this thread?????
    ·
  • I have badminton as my Games/sports in DAF and will be giving this interview. I Have played it but only till college tournament level...all of us need to start preparing for the probable questions immediately. Thanks to @Teddy and @zalim_ias_07 for their list of probable questions. @banke007 , @abhi2610 @zalim_ias_07 @Teddy lets group together and help each other out.
    IP&TAFs >> Mains 2016>>Waiting....Waiting...Waiting...
    ·
  • What are the important tournaments of last year or last month????
    How many did India win???
    What about domestic tournaments???
    Lets gather these type of obvious information at one place.............
    We can also make google doc file related to badminton...
    We all can contribute in that file
    ·
  • abhi2610 said:

What are the important tournaments of last year or last month????
    How many did India win???
    What about domestic tournaments???
    Lets gather these type of obvious information at one place.............
    We can also make google doc file related to badminton...
    We all can contribute in that file

A shared google doc will be an excellent thing. We can cull questions and answers related to interview.

Elsewise, if all of us agree, we can create a whatsapp group as well for discussing these questions.
    IAS 2016 batch.
    "My watch has ended."
    ·
  • Is any watsapp group or google doc is made?????
    I have interview on 8th march!!! first day!!!! My first interview of CSE!!!!!
    Someone please take initiative of making watsaap group or google DOC...
    I have collected material prepared some question and answers....
    I want active members to review the answers and put cross question and give their answers
    ·
  • we should start answering the questions as mentioned above...............
    Badminton Asia championship was held this week in Hyderabad in which winner was Indonesia in men and China in women...
    We can update this thread with current events also
    ·
  • http://www.badmintonindia.org/events/calendar/bai/

Its the official list of badminton events

Near your interview date or recently held tournament can be asked
    ·
  • Teddy said:

1.Why do u like to play Badminton?

2.Rules related to badminton

3.General information like court length,Racquet and Shuttle specifications,Height of the Net(does this gives advantage to tall players). etc.

4.Is it a Indoor game or outdoor game? For Indoor is there any limit for ceilings.

5.Why Racquet is oval shaped, is there any rule for the shape,size and weight of the Racquets and Shuttles? Thickness of the string,Tension of the string(If engg. background do read this all common badminton player like us talk is "Racquet ka taar dheela ho gya h islye shot sahi se nahi lag rha h or thats why I m not able to give my best" what's the reason for this does this help if tension is more what effect does it make etc..)

6.International Player names,ranking(top3 men and women Singles and Doubles) Indian player names,stadiums/Gymnasium,Famous Teams(PBL)

7.Why badminton is not so popular though is played by most of us? What can be done to make it popular?

8.Skirt issue(from shorts to skirts) =>Does this indicates Materialism,patriarchal mindset,Objectifying women etc.

9.Politics in Badminton..Jwala gutta issue.

10.Health benefits of playing badminton.

Ans 1: I play badminton for fun, fitness and developing quick reflexes. It teaches me coordination and team work in doubles and mixed double game.

Ans 3: The full width of the court is 6.1 metres (20 ft), and in singles this width is reduced to 5.18 metres (17 ft). The full length of the court is 13.4 metres (44 ft). The service courts are marked by a centre line dividing the width of the court, by a short service line at a distance of 1.98 metres (6 ft 6 inch) from the net, and by the outer side and back boundaries. In doubles, the service court is also marked by a long service line, which is 0.76 metres (2 ft 6 inch) from the back boundary. The net is 1.55 metres (5 ft 1 inch) high at the edges and 1.524 metres (5 ft) high in the centre
    Badminton racquets weighing between 70 and 95 grams not including grip or strings. They are composed of carbon fibre composite to solid steel
    Shuttlecock is formed from sixteen overlapping feathers embedded into a round cork base

Ans 4: It is indoor game. The minimum height for the ceiling above the court is not mentioned in the Laws of Badminton. Nonetheless, a badminton court will not be suitable if the ceiling is likely to be hit on a high serve.

I shall think about other questions and will add other answers....
    others please contribute
    ·
  • Does any one know what is the gap between two strings in badminton???
    Is there any standard????
    I did not get the information after searching over internet
    ·
  • One Query:

What are the types of badminton racket? I know isometric and round conventional. No other right?

·
  • I filled 'playing and watching badminton' as a hobby in my DAF ?

Anyone else here with similar hobby ??
    CSM 2015 | CSE 2016 - Ranked it Out!!
    Thank Lord Shiva...
    ·
  • yes me too ! mentioned it in other sports etc line
    He is out there holding your hand...
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog