Writing a good Essay in UPSC Mains, Explained by Anudeep Durishetty Answer Writing Focus Group for Mains 2018 – Details DOWNLOAD: UPSC Prelims 2018 GS Paper I UPDATE : Answer Writing Group ( Offline | New Delhi ) Registrations Are Now Open! Community Meet 3 – June 10th | 2PM | Meet Anudeep, Abhishek, Sachin, Apurva and Ankita Mishra & the Toppers of CSE 2017

Insights prelims test series review

Guys, plz review insights prelims test series. i was thinking of taking it. u can also ur comparisons and experiences of other test series.
Mein rahaan te nahi turda,
Mein turda taan raah bande..

Comments

• It is good...you can take it.
    If you are in Delhi it is available on xerox shops..
    Or online too avlble ..
    Or you can join ...
    But tests are good.

There are better starters than me but I'm a strong finisher.
    Usain bolt
  • Usainbolt said:

It is good...you can take it.
    Or online too avlble ..
    Or you can join ...
    But tests are good.

thx. do they upload comprehensive and explained answers after the test?.

• Usainbolt said:

It is good...you can take it.
    Or online too avlble ..
    Or you can join ...
    But tests are good.

thx. do they upload comprehensive and explained answers after the test?.

Yeah they do.
  • It is good. I have joined it. Cheap and best.

thankyou. what abt other test series. like forumias, vision ias, vajiram etc. or is insights the best and comprehensive. money is not the factor. i want a test series that is comprehensive and high quality.
  • @kaisersoze

Insightonindia is gud..their explanation part is very good.
    Vajiram is tough many say but I dint feel.
    Vision is good too.
    Gs score is new ..their pattern of test this year is entirely different.
    Forum ias test series I have no idea as of now.

Facotrs which one must consider for pre tests-
    1-no. Of tests offered.
    2-level of questions.not too tough not too easy..not entirely factual..it shud be a judicious mix of moderate to tough not easy to tough..factual+conceptual..
    3-explanation part.
    4-arrangement of syllabus in test.

Now-
    Insight-fullfills all above.
    Vajiram-poor explanations in answers ...but question level is good..but less test and not good syllabus arrangement in test..
    Vision -fullfill all except explanation if compared to insight.
    Gs score- it too fullfills all criteria and covers syllabus this year in very diffrnt way.explanation part is to be seen yet..
    Forum ias-i have no idea as of now.

P.S.- I am doing insight ,vajiram, vision ..and others buying from xerox shops in Delhi.
    Joined Gs score ..
    So funda is solve all randomly and follow one as per schedule ..in my case I am doing all randomly ...schedule wise doing gsscore which I have joined for prelims.

Usain bolt
  • Usainbolt said:

@kaisersoze

Vision is good too.

1-no. Of tests offered.
    2-level of questions.not too tough not too easy..not entirely factual..it shud be a judicious mix of moderate to tough not easy to tough..factual+conceptual..
    3-explanation part.

Now-
    Vajiram-poor explanations in answers ...but question level is good..but less test and not good syllabus arrangement in test..
    Gs score- it too fullfills all criteria and covers syllabus this year in very diffrnt way.explanation part is to be seen yet..

P.S.- I am doing insight ,vajiram, vision ..and others buying from xerox shops in Delhi.
    Joined Gs score ..
    So funda is solve all randomly and follow one as per schedule ..in my case I am doing all randomly ...schedule wise doing gsscore which I have joined for prelims.

Thankyou Mate.
  • Usainbolt said:

@kaisersoze

Vision is good too.

1-no. Of tests offered.
    3-explanation part.

Now-

Joined Gs score ..

I see that you have gud experience with all the test series. I am currently doing vision. Downloaded them online. My score is around 100+-10 in tests. I saw last year's pre paper and there were lots of factual questions but vision seems too conceptual. Is this right or am I analysing it wrong? And also tell how much score is good enough in these test series?

IFS - my dream......
    Be true to yourself ......
    One step at a time....
    If you can take it, you can make it
    A moment's pain is worth a lifetime's glory
  • IFS - my dream......
    One step at a time....
  • 100+ is good score in vision tests.
    Yes,vision tests are conceptual.
    Last year upsc paper was more on factual side.still we never know what may come this year.so prepare both factual and concept parts.
    110+ is a good score this time.by the time of July end try to maintain this much atleast and try to reach the level of 130.
    Usain bolt
  • Usainbolt said:

100+ is good score in vision tests.
    Last year upsc paper was more on factual side.still we never know what may come this year.so prepare both factual and concept parts.
    110+ is a good score this time.by the time of July end try to maintain this much atleast and try to reach the level of 130.

@Usainbolt thanks
    IFS - my dream......
    One step at a time....
  • Usainbolt said:

What is a good score in insights test series and I feel vision's test series is tougher than Insights.What score in insights test series wud give a comfortable chance for clearing prelims if the level of difficulty of UPSC is same as insights this year
  • Usainbolt said:

What is a good score in insights test series and I feel vision's test series is tougher than Insights.What score in insights test series wud give a comfortable chance for clearing prelims if the level of difficulty of UPSC is same as insights this year
    120+
    Usain bolt
  • @Usainbolt : forum ki test series Kaisi lagi aapko compared to.insights and vision
  • edited May 2016
    Mane join nahi kee ,forum ki test series.
    Only first stimulator yes diya tha,so I don't have any idea.
    But vision+insight+score is good combo to practice. attend free all India mock conducted by vision each month. I do attend them.these are helpful .many people take these tests.conducted in very professional exam like environment.

@Usainbolt : forum ki test series Kaisi lagi aapko compared to.insights and vision

Usain bolt
  • guys please can you share the insights test series..
  • Usainbolt said:

Usainbolt said:

120+
    So 120 wud be d cutoff score if the actual exam is of d same difficulty level,dat's what u mean by a good score right?
  • Usainbolt said:

@kaisersoze

Vision is good too.

1-no. Of tests offered.
    3-explanation part.

Now-

Joined Gs score ..

Thanx
Sign In or Join to comment.

Courses by ForumIAS for CSE
ForumIAS is trusted by over 10,000+ students for their Prelims, Mains and Interview Preparation and we currently run several assistance programs to help students from Civil Services prelims preparation to rank upgradation to IAS. You can enroll for these programs by visiting http://academy.forumias.com

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google

Subscribe to ForumIAS Blog