NEW REVISION CLASSES PRE'17 History+ Environment+Govt Schemes

Thank you for your tremendous response, to the revision classes for Prelims 2017being conducted in New Delhi. Based on your requests and suggestions, we have come up with new classes as per below schedule
(1)Art & Culture Revision ( REPEAT ) - May 27th & 28th, (2) Modern History ( REPEAT ) - May 30th (3) Govt Schemes + Allied Issues - May 31st (4) Environment & Ecology - Friday, June 2

Seats fill up in a few hours, and we don't plan any more repeat classes, so register early. Click Here to get more details and register early to avoid inconvenience. All revision classes will be held from 5PM to 8PM.

Please suggest a Good Tablet

Hi Aspirants!!!! :)
Actually i want to buy a tablet within the range of 10k-15k
Sole purpose is reading and nothing else!!!!
by reading i mean reading PDFs only!!!! :)
·

Comments

• Buy some Samsung or you can get kindle the best for reading in that budget
    ·
  • @Ashika Sharma

Had hai yaar
    Ye Forumias ka platform jute chappal paints shirts watches laptop tablet kharidne k liye suggestions lene ka jariya nahi
    In sab chij apne ghar walo aur dosto se discuss kar lo yaha thread bana k kyu is platform ki maa bahan karna
    ·
  • Kindle uses a different technology which helps in reading for longer hours. E-ink, it mimics the experience you have while reading a paper. Lesser strain in eyes. Other tabs uses normal screen which will strain your eyes if you read for hours.

But kindle doesnt have ANY other functionalities that you have in other tabs. You can't even surf the web smoothly, if at all. It is made solely for the purpose of reading. Even it's touch will not be as smooth as modern day phones.
    My watch has ended.
    ·
  • JohnSnow said:

Kindle uses a different technology which helps in reading for longer hours. E-ink, it mimics the experience you have while reading a paper. Lesser strain in eyes. Other tabs uses normal screen which will strain your eyes if you read for hours.

But kindle doesnt have ANY other functionalities that you have in other tabs. You can't even surf the web smoothly, if at all. It is made solely for the purpose of reading. Even it's touch will not be as smooth as modern day phones.

yess its browser sucks big time...even pdf u cant read smoothly...u hav to convert it to mobi format and then pray ki formatting thik ho jae..
    ·
  • JohnSnow said:

Kindle uses a different technology which helps in reading for longer hours. E-ink, it mimics the experience you have while reading a paper. Lesser strain in eyes. Other tabs uses normal screen which will strain your eyes if you read for hours.

yess its browser sucks big time...even pdf u cant read smoothly...u hav to convert it to mobi format and then pray ki formatting thik ho jae..
    Oh didnt know that. I have been lucky pdf has been converted perfectly. You can just email the pdf to your kindle id with subject line "convert" and it will get converted perfectly
    My watch has ended.
    ·
  • edited February 2016
    @"Abhishek Singh1"
    I m extremely sorry if it'd offended you somehow and also please dont be so judgemental!!!
    Thank you so much guys for the responses @Tabahi @JohnSnow @brahmarakshash :)
    ·
  • @"Abhishek Singh1"
    I m extremely sorry if it'd offended you somehow and also please dont be so judgemental!!!
    Thank you so much guys for the responses @Tabahi @JohnSnow @brahmarakshash :)

No need for being sorry
    I just expressed my views
    ·
  • JohnSnow said:

JohnSnow said:

Oh didnt know that. I have been lucky pdf has been converted perfectly. You can just email the pdf to your kindle id with subject line "convert" and it will get converted perfectly
    not always..if u dnt hav a well behaving pdf then the formatting is affected... eg...economic survey
    ·
  • Xiaomi Mipad

Pros:
    Budget,performs well in browsing ,reading offline, software experience like evernote pushbullet ,various android apps related to studies(thats not possible with kindle and apple products are costly),latest updates from MI

Con(Just one):
    No sim slot (only wifi option).
    That's the difference between you and me,you wanna lose small and I wanna win big!!!
    ·
  • @"ashika sharma" if ur purpose is to read pdfs only then just buy kindle paperwhite .no second thoughts for it as no strain on eyes while reading e books pdfs etc
    ·
  • edited February 2016
    @brahmarakshash couldnt agree with you more!!!!
    - i had kindle basic few months ago and reading PDFs on it was not satisfactory!!!!
    -Had to do a lot of zoom in/zoom out to read
    -also converted pdfs were not upto the scale of screen.... few of them were but not ones with a lot of diagrams and graphs
    ·
  • iPad 2...0ffer main you can get it for arnd 17k at snap deal or amazon.
    Google Nexus 9(HTC) 16 GB,non-LTE.you can get it for 16-17k at paytm or such site.
    Mipad....best in its price range.
    ·
  • Three things from my side:

1. Screen of Pad/Tablet should be large else go for Laptop coz Diagrams and Maps need to be fit in 1 Page for better understanding. In Big screen enlarged text can be viewed in single page.
    2. Kindle has poor compatibility with PDF and other files viz. Excel, PPT.
    3. Taking backup from Apple product is always cumbersome.
    ·
  • Try this hp 7 voice tab see review in YouTube budget 8000-10000 I m using it for last one year battery very good and screen resolution good
    ·
  • is apple laptop glare free i mean what is retina display that they advertise ... does it causes strain just like other laptops
    ·
  • Apple laptop bada chu hain they control you .not suitable In India where you can use pirated software for free apple main pirated nahi Chalta .ms office original Lena padega
    ·
  • aldoraine said:

Apple laptop bada chu hain they control you .not suitable In India where you can use pirated software for free apple main pirated nahi Chalta .ms office original Lena padega

Please elaborate. I want to buy a good laptop. They call it Ultrabook now a days? Apple mein issues hai kya? I have to use MS Office products mandatorily
    My watch has ended.
    ·
  • If you want to ms office in mac you need to buy the original pack torrent walla nahi Chalega 90% of any other software which you want it to installed in Mac should be genuine plus hard disk space is also less max they provide in India I guess is 512 gb that too the higher model one
    In dell you will get good specification with a high RAM graphic card ...Alienware of dell is the highest configuration laptop
    ·
  • As in many cities in India voltage do fluctuate ....specially Delhi during summers cause of which the graphic card on my Mac malfunctioned to get replaced the apple guys quoted a cost of 60k ...though it was under warranty I had ouch asked it from New York but Apple does not provide global warranty .. I had to get it done from USA
    ·
  • JohnSnow said:

aldoraine said:

Apple laptop bada chu hain they control you .not suitable In India where you can use pirated software for free apple main pirated nahi Chalta .ms office original Lena padega

Please elaborate. I want to buy a good laptop. They call it Ultrabook now a days? Apple mein issues hai kya? I have to use MS Office products mandatorily
    MS Surface Pro is a good choice. The problem with Apple device is their compatibility with others.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google