MITRA'S IAS - Fresh batches of Philosophy : 25th June (Evening) & 29th June (Morning) ; Registration open
For more information call us at - Tel. No :- 01145505509, Mob. No-8826469839, 9560928172 or
Mail us at :- mitrasiasclasses@gmail.com
, Website :- www.mitrasias.com

Political Science vs Sociology. Please suggest

edited June 2013 in Miscellaneous
Hello everyone. I am equally interested in both Pol Sci and Socio. However, as I need to finish the optional either Pol Sci or Socio quickly, please suggest which one has the shorter syllabus so that I can finish it within few months.
Thanks.
·

Comments

• :D Both are heavy-weights . Within 2 months , sorry none could be completed . If you have interest in Literature [not English] , try it .
    2017--> 8th attempt
    ·
  • edited June 2013
    @Vibin Thanks for replying. As I went through the syllabus Sociology seems to have lesser syllabus than Pol Sci. Could anyone please say if I am correct in this observation?
    ·
  • @Vibin Thanks for replying. As I went through the syllabus Sociology seems to have lesser syllabus than Pol Sci. Could anyone please say if I am correct in this observation?
    Depends, some people have an already high awareness of IR and politics which reduces load of Pol Sci. If you are not one of those, then Sociology can be said to have a more contained syllabus.
    ·
  • I concur what @Stardust1901 said @Rajiv . I'd habit of reading political affairs books , which included historical aspects of both national and international concepts . This helped me lot in dealing with Political Science as a subject.

If you had an experience with these political kind issues[whether read or write about it] , you could too try with the subject , else you can have Sociology or others .

At the end of the day , interest matters :)>-
    2017--> 8th attempt
    ·
  • @Rajiv As u ve mentioned that ur interest in both the subjects are equal, ur decision may be based on the availability of study material and guidance. If that is not a problem for both the subjects then it wud be advantageous for u (personal opinion) to choose Pol Sci as more number of topics in gen studies are covered in pol sci.

All the best.
    ·
  • Thanks for helping @Stardust1901 @vibin @nuke.
    ·
  • Hi Can u guys help me to choose between sociology and Political science. I took my lst mains with Geography but fed up with it. So changing it.
    ·
Sign In or Join to comment.

Welcome!

We are a secret self-moderated community for Civil Services preparation. Feel free to join, start a discussion, answer a question or just to say Thank you.

Just dont spread the word ;)

Sign in or join with Facebook or Google